• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

" The History: NFL2K Series " - free Madden trolling inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
first off let me say there is no way EVER IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE that you can program an off offensive lineman in madden to outrun an entire defense after a catch, breaking tackles, etc. not even on rookie with all the sliders turned up in your favor.

with that said it is clear that the video was probably done on rookie or whatever, but the sad part is i saw a lot of things happen like that playing on ALL PRO in our espn league. i can't come out and say the game was 100% garbage. the graphics were great, i liked the THEORY of the features (dont get me started on the bullshit that VIP turned out being), and i thought the online leagues were bar none the best setup of all time (please copy them EA)

sadly, all the fluff in the world couldn't save the nfl 2k series. the gameplay has been horribly broken every year. madden is broken in the right hands as well, and i'll be the first to admit that. if you get 2 cheeser players playing madden, it's going to look ridiculous. the difference is you can control the shittiness of the gameplay experience. if you are cheesing it up or bullshit is happening, it is the players doing.

in nfl 2k5, i feel like i am being cheesed regardless of the other players intention. why? because nfl 2k5 quite easily has the worst artificial intelligence (and animation sequences) that i have ever seen in a sports game*. in nfl 2k5 i felt like i had no control over the outcome of a play. oh, i'm going to run the ball, let me tap Y Y Y Y Y YYY and see if i can get 9 yards. what, i can every time? sweet. I once broke 8 tackles on 1 play with kevan barlow against konex. I once had 35 broken tackles in a game with kevan barlow on all pro playing online. i once played an online game where drew bledsoe rushed for over 80 yards on less than 10 carries. im sure everyone has stories about madden too, but 2k5's problems were all too easy to exploit and too hard to monitor.

i honestly am sad to see the nfl 2k series go because i feel that, even though it was clearly inferior to madden, it was an enjoyable games at times. VC wasn't too far from having a great game on their hands, but that has been the story of NFL 2k's life. a day late and a dollar short

* Until MLB 2k5 came out.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Yep ESPN 2005 is the last football game I will buy. I can not stand madden and its patented playing in quicksand game play. I used to love this time of year for getting info on all the new football games but I could careless now.

JavyOO7

U.2.K. Tha Greate$t said:
" Allow me to Introduce the greatest football games in history, and thanks to the wack ass nfl/madden deal, i will keep playing the old games. And just a quick note, those screens shots of madden 06 is wack, the series never changes "

Look, I like the 2k series just as much as the next guy, but the public made their choice. Madden far and away is the clear cut winner when it comes to the quality of football titles.

Me personally, I thought NFL 2K3 was that franchise at its finest. After that? I would'nt know, as I never caught up to them.

Point is saying that the 2k series is the best football game, is well, just as dumb as saying Tecmo Bowl for the NES is truly the best of all time. Yeah.

Cloudy

Banned
hgplayer1 said:
NFL2k is what, like 5 years old? Ive been playing Madden since 94 and it was only just recently that they fixed that "running Mario" animation. NFL2k is a fun game when youre not playing against someone looking for faults on ever single play. "OMG that lineman missed a block!!!!!!!!! that NEVER happens!!!!!!!!"

Amen....

NFL2k is what, like 5 years old? Ive been playing Madden since 94 and it was only just recently that they fixed that "running Mario" animation. NFL2k is a fun game when youre not playing against someone looking for faults on ever single play. "OMG that lineman missed a block!!!!!!!!! that NEVER happens!!!!!!!!" I cant stand playing any football games in franchise or single player mode anymore.

to my knowledge they have still not fixed the "running mario" animation in madden, and the running game is STILL better than NFL 2k's Y Y Y Y Y Y tapping.

you know as well as everyone in the league knew that it wasn't the "oh a missed block here and there, unrealistic!" it was more like "hey, that's weird, my CB was in perfect position and then he went into a weird matrix-style animation which allowed my opponent to complete an 80 yard TD bomb" or "wow, how odd that ricky williams broke 5 tackles in the row and scored a 60 yard TD." or one of my favorites "i threw a quick out to a wide open receiver and he tried to catch the ball with his elbows!" don't understate the AI problems as superficial or people "just looking for problems", that was clearly not the case

FMT is the same idiot who said San Fran wouldn't pick Alex Smiff because Tim Rattay is "good enough to start". He's a moron whose opinion on anything related to sports should be disregarded and it's too bad for him that Matt Leinart stayed in school to avoid being a Niner like kids in the 60s did to avoid going to Vietnam :lol

FMT is the same idiot who said San Fran wouldn't pick Alex Smiff because Tim Rattay is "good enough to start". He's a moron whose opinion on anything related to sports should be disregarded and it's too bad for him that Matt Leinart stayed in school to avoid being a Niner like kids in the 60s did to avoid going to Vietnam

shutup bitch, the proof is in the pudding that Rat is a legitimate QB when healthy. he had a 92.6 QB rating in his first 6 starts of last year, which was 3rd in the NFC at the time. then o-line injuries and personal injuries took their toll.

and matt leinart is a fraud. news flash you fucking idiot: if you are ever picked #1, you are headed to a pretty shitty team. now unless you are going to contribute some knowledgeable opinions to this thread, shut the fuck up and stay out

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
and matt leinart is a fraud. news flash you fucking idiot: if you are ever picked #1, you are headed to a pretty shitty team. now unless you are going to contribute some knowledgeable opinions to this thread, shut the fuck up and stay out

Or you can cry to your daddy!

a_manningfam_ft.jpg

Yeah, Tim Rattay is a good QB if you want to be last place and far far away from a winning record. He's a piece of shit and a big reason the Niners went 2-14. He even got sacked 8 times by a team that lost 12 games :lol

Last year's Niners were possibly the worst team ever and it's no wonder Leinart steered clear of them. Next year when he goes to either the Browns or the Titans there will at least be people with talent there for him to throw the ball to.

Have fun watching the Niners lose 12+ games again this year shit head.

Yeah, Tim Rattay is a good QB if you want to be last place and far far away from a winning record. He's a piece of shit and a big reason the Niners went 2-14. He even got sacked 8 times by a team that lost 12 games

yep, sacked 8 times by a simply HORRIBLE DEFENSE, the miami dolphins! rat made some mistakes, but name a QB in the league who had LESS to work with on offense. rookies and 2nd stringers on the offensive line, 3 first year starters in the top 3 WR spots, and a running game that was near the bottom of the NFL. let me know of a qb who would put up any kind of numbers with those odds. i'm not saying rattay is the answer for the future, but he is a good qb. his problem last year was the 4th quarter he made some awful decisions, but he is better than a lot of starting QB's given a decent surrounding.

and who the fuck are you to comment on rattay anyways? you think because you went to nfl.com and looked up some stats that you know shit about the 49ers? you don't. i saw every single 49ers game last year, and trust me when I say rattay is a decent QB.

Last year's Niners were possibly the worst team ever and it's no wonder Leinart steered clear of them. Next year when he goes to either the Browns or the Titans there will at least be people with talent there for him to throw the ball to.

Have fun watching the Niners lose 12+ games again this year shit head.

yep, we lost 8 games by 10 points or less, that is simply terrible. you want to know why leinart didn't enter the draft? because he would have been unable to pass a physical you dip shit. that and he doesn't really need money. his family is very well off, even before his new found celebrity. everyone out here in LA loves him, but he is a fluke.

and wtf kind of talent do the browns or titans have!? i seriously wonder if you have any football sense at all. you think drew bennett is big time? what about a man who hasn't even caught a ball in the nfl, braylon edwards? yeah that's some hardcore fucking talent you douche

we aren't losing 12 games this year, but keep hoping that we do so i don't call your dumbass out on it

hgplayer1

FrenchMovieTheme said:
to my knowledge they have still not fixed the "running mario" animation in madden, and the running game is STILL better than NFL 2k's Y Y Y Y Y Y tapping.

you know as well as everyone in the league knew that it wasn't the "oh a missed block here and there, unrealistic!" it was more like "hey, that's weird, my CB was in perfect position and then he went into a weird matrix-style animation which allowed my opponent to complete an 80 yard TD bomb" or "wow, how odd that ricky williams broke 5 tackles in the row and scored a 60 yard TD." or one of my favorites "i threw a quick out to a wide open receiver and he tried to catch the ball with his elbows!" don't understate the AI problems as superficial or people "just looking for problems", that was clearly not the case

look all Im saying is that too many people play these games like they are doing a review instead of trying to have fun. looking for faults the whole game and comparing it to Madden every chance they got. after a while it just got old and whenever I wanted to play with legit players I had to decide that I wanted to bother listening to all the complaining. this is eventually what got me to a point where I wont play football games with the headset anymore.

its the same with Halo. a lot of people cant just play the game. they have to complain about the map or the weapons or the gametype or something. it just gets old. I hope VC keeps developing the series and maybe theyll get to a point where they have a solid all around game because I really preferred the style and feel of the game more than Madden.

and why is it when Im playing Madden and a 3 D lineman shred through my Oline and sack my QB in like a second, or my RB cant even get to the LOS cause theres a lineman already pushed back in the backfield, or my DB is right in front of a pass but doesnt deflect it or INT it or bother to do anything, its blamed on the player rating and not bad gameplay. the only difference I see is that 2k makes it LOOK stupid because of the animation they use in those situations. the lineman look like theyre lost and the DBs look like they are on crack. I see a lot of the same results in both games but they LOOK different due to the animations.

Mrbob

The Niners may not lose as many games this year, but they'll definitely lose to the Bears again! How does it feel to lose to a NFL Europe QB?

look all Im saying is that too many people play these games like they are doing a review instead of trying to have fun. looking for faults the whole game and comparing it to Madden every chance they got. after a while it just got old and whenever I wanted to play with legit players I had to decide that I wanted to bother listening to all the complaining. this is eventually what got me to a point where I wont play football games with the headset anymore.

that's the thing, it's NOT fun when those flaws come out. no one is trying to nitpick or not have fun, but shit it's not fun when you get run over a gajillion times by a bum RB.

and why is it when Im playing Madden and a 3 D lineman shred through my Oline and sack my QB in like a second, or my RB cant even get to the LOS cause theres a lineman already pushed back in the backfield, or my DB is right in front of a pass but doesnt deflect it or INT it or bother to do anything, its blamed on the player rating and not bad gameplay. the only difference I see is that 2k makes it LOOK stupid because of the animation they use in those situations. the lineman look like theyre lost and the DBs look like they are on crack. I see a lot of the same results in both games but they LOOK different due to the animations.

it is the player. i've played you a few times, and im not trying to be a dick but you have some questionable playcalling. everyone has those plays where he is sacked a second after the snap, or where the D-line will penetrate immediately. i accept that on both sides, but madden has more consistent AI. there are holes in maddens AI as well, but if you think it is worse or less consistent than the nfl 2kx series i have to question what game you're playing

the proof is in the pudding: why can a guy who knows next to nothing about football, bog, dominate in ESPN NFL, but he can't buy a win (when he decided to play...) in madden?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom