• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Insomniac Leak Apparently Contains A 2004 NPD Report As Well

OEC5rxN.jpeg

6gfegMk.jpeg

OBqzqyp.jpeg

xmbxEmj.jpeg

LgNrIBX.jpeg

JtyGAtf.jpeg

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
glory days of late-GBA and the DS launch, fun month... look at those numbers of Nintendo handheld systems compared to the entire home console market.

[Sigma]

Ah good times. I bought ESPN NFL 2k5 on Xbox. Still remains my favorite NFL sim game ever. Damn look at all those what used to be actual fun EA Sports games. Damn EA, you royally fucked up.

Last edited:

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Poor Sega... Wonder what sold for N64 sold in 2003 that didn't sell at all during 2004? It only has 0.1% of sales but still, something sold.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
You can tell PlayStation was the discounted family console, with PS2 taking the reins.

Pretty cool snapshot of history.

Zathalus

And they say consoles haven't grown. Look at those November numbers. Playstation, Xbox, and Nintendo are selling more consoles now then when compared to 2003 and 2004.
November 2003 - 2.3 million consoles, 1.23 million handhelds.
November 2004 - 1.82 million consoles, 1.81 million handhelds.
November 2023 - 2.2 million consoles.

Not really seeing any growth for hardware there. Unless we are looking at different numbers?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
November 2003 - 2.3 million consoles, 1.23 million handhelds.
November 2004 - 1.82 million consoles, 1.81 million handhelds.
November 2023 - 2.2 million consoles.

Not really seeing any growth for hardware there. Unless we are looking at different numbers?

I wasn't counting handhelds to be fair. And you didn't add up the November 2022 numbers that are supposed to be compared to the November 2003 numbers. I think last year the consoles did 2.6 million in November.

Shakka43

And they say consoles haven't grown. Look at those November numbers. Playstation, Xbox, and Nintendo are selling more consoles now then when compared to 2003 and 2004.
I wouldn't say console sales have grown that much, Software sales on the other hand has grown immensely.

Still got my Halo 2 steelbook copy. I remember being so hyped about multiplayer. Amazing times.
I worked at Gamestop the night it released. It was a mad house.

Seeing those Xbox numbers are surprising to me. I see now why Msft put their weight into getting that platform going. It's software breakouts could really push some units. Halo was such a landmark title.

Shoutout to Mario Bros. 3 too. I remember buying that on the GBA at the time too. Great port.

Top Bottom