• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Insomniac Documents Could Suggest a Spider-Verse Game is in Development

tmlDan

This is Insomniac trying to emulate the Spider-Verse art style in 2023 (mild spoilers for collecting all the Spider-Bot collectibles):

It looks so fucking bad that I was convinced it was a visual bug, only for people to tell me that no, it's 100% intentional.

I suppose there's plenty of time to work on it but they've got a LONG way to go.

No.....just like in the movies there are areas that look all sorts of ways (hence multiple dimensions), this is mimicking PS1/2 style graphics. It's not bad, its intentional and has no barring on a spiderverse game. If you think it does you're nuts.

It's not bad, its intentional
lmao you cannot be serious with this line of thought...

"Hey guys the CG in The Flash wasn't bad, it was intentional!"
"Hey guys the sidequests in FFXVI weren't bad, it was intentional!"
"Hey guys the combat in Starfield isn't bad, it was intentional!"

Intentional decisions can be bad, and in this particular case, it looks absolutely AWFUL, especially when you consider how good the existing Spiderverse costumes already look in the game.

nial

Gold Member
Because all these IPs owned by Sony ? Death standing isn't
But It is, don't You see the PS studios intro in all of the trailers?

Also, this is what it says on epic store:
PC version published by 505 Games. ©2019 Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. DEATH STRANDING is a trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC. Created and developed by KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS.

Last edited:
I'm so burnt out with Spider-Man games now. Please Insomniac Games, move on to a new single player IP.

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

tmlDan

lmao you cannot be serious with this line of thought...

"Hey guys the CG in The Flash wasn't bad, it was intentional!"
"Hey guys the sidequests in FFXVI weren't bad, it was intentional!"
"Hey guys the combat in Starfield isn't bad, it was intentional!"

Intentional decisions can be bad, and in this particular case, it looks absolutely AWFUL, especially when you consider how good the existing Spiderverse costumes already look in the game.
why did you remove the rest of my post, stop being disingenuous. Seek help.

i told you what it was meant to be, its not my problem if you didn't like it. But you'd have to be an idiot to believe a full spiderverse game will look like that.

RickSanchez

Gold Member
the movies are popular and commercially successful, so it is not at all surprising that Sony will milk the spiderverse through games as well.

All i can hope for is that it is a good single player story and not live-service co-op trash.

EDMIX

Could be Resistance Collector's Edition

I mean....that makes sense, but shit Ratchet and Clank makes just as much sense.

Keep in mind, that if we believe the R for Resistance is how they would phrase that IP. Wouldn't they have it like RfoM or some shit? lol

I mean....that makes sense, but shit Ratchet and Clank makes just as much sense.

Keep in mind, that if we believe the R for Resistance is how they would phrase that IP. Wouldn't they have it like RfoM or some shit? lol
Only the first game was fall of men

If Miles is the main character then no thanks. Can't believe Insomniac is trying to shelve Peter after only 2 games. Can't stand Miles as a character

Last edited:

Dazraell

I mean, Spider-Verse feels like a natural way to extend the series after the trilogy. Spider-Man 2 already felt way too stale, at least in my opinion. Sending one of the Spidey's on a journey between other universes or doing a brand new unrelated game with new worlds and mechanics could be a fun change of pace

Terenty

Why would anyone want a new IP from a studio like Insomniac?

You can imagine what kind of stuff they gonna produce in their safe, cushion laden, pink halls.

EDMIX

Only the first game was fall of men

Ok, but if men fell, how the fuck they got 2 other games? smh Do better Insomniac

Be like "Resistance 2: Partial but substantial rise. Resistance 3: Upward Progression, but slow nonetheless, Resistance 4: Ok, we got dem on the ropes"

I want that fucking I8 early trailer shit that they had going on with a Resistance 4.

I want this ugly shit for glass half full reasons

Embearded

o , i stand corrected. I thought Kojima wanted to own the IP as part of the deal to be exclusive.
Kojima wanted to own the studio.
Sony offered to fund it and own it, but he decided to get a loan from a bank.

He owns his studio but Sony funded the games. I think he had a contract for two games.

Ok, but if men fell, how the fuck they got 2 other games? smh Do better Insomniac

Be like "Resistance 2: Partial but substantial rise. Resistance 3: Upward Progression, but slow nonetheless, Resistance 4: Ok, we got dem on the ropes"

I want that fucking I8 early trailer shit that they had going on with a Resistance 4.

I want this ugly shit for glass half full reasons

They should make Resistance: 2024 and go the modern warfare route but with alien monsters.

midnightAI

They should make Resistance: 2024 and go the modern warfare route but with alien monsters.
No way, it's the alternate WW2 like setting that makes the game (40s-50s years but mixed with sci fi futuristic weapons), modern day would be horrid in my opinion and kill its charm.

GymWolf

This is Insomniac trying to emulate the Spider-Verse art style in 2023 (mild spoilers for collecting all the Spider-Bot collectibles):

It looks so fucking bad that I was convinced it was a visual bug, only for people to tell me that no, it's 100% intentional.

I suppose there's plenty of time to work on it but they've got a LONG way to go.

Lmao, bitch looks like she is straight out of the gta trilogy remaster...

Last edited:

Godot25

Banned
I know Spider-Man fans are jumping from happiness but I'm honestly sad.
Because it basically confirms that Insomniac will be for the immediate future "Marvel the Studio"

from 2020 onwards 4 Marvel games, 1 non-Marvel game (Rift Apart) while that non-Marvel game is still their best in last decade.
But I guess Spider-Man just sell and Wolverine will probably also sell. Rift Apart wasn't that hot in terms of sales, so it kinda makes sense for them to focus on that.

But I would kill for Sunset Overdrive 2 or new Resistance game.

yurinka

How horrifying.

Please make an original IP instead
Excluding the somewhat successful Resistance, the Insomniac new IPs weren't successful. Most people in this forum don't know what Strangelets, Stormland, Seedling, Feral Rites, The Unspoken, Edge of Nowhere, Song of the Deep, Digit & Dash, Bad Dinos, Fruit Fusion, Slow Down, Bull, Outernauts are or never saw them. They are the new IPs that Insomnac relesed in the last 10 years or so in different platforms in addition to Fuse and Sunset Overdrive, which also weren't hits.

Spider-Man 1 was instead their most popular and successful game ever, and Spider-Man 2 broke records for any PS exclusive. This is why they continue betting on Marvel and particularly Spider-Man. The money they make with Marvel games help them grow and build more teams. Some of these teams may end eventually doing some new IP, but it would be stupid to stop milking their money cow.

yurinka

Death standing. Rise of ronin and some other games you mentioned are not 1st party games.
They are 1st party games because they are published by a platform holder: Sony. In the case of Death Stranding Sony even owns the IP.

I want to see more bold Sony. Twisted metal was a hit.even the series did well. Where is the game ? Hell a remake of twisted metal 2 is fine by me
As of 2000 (so the 4 mainline PS1 Twisted Metal games combined) sold 5M copies combined:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twisted_Metal

Meaning, these series did a good job in the PS1 days but as of today isn't something relevant: nowadays any modern decent AAA sell way more than this, and the ones with good performance sells over two or three times this. Big exclusive hits even above 4 this.

Last edited:
Cant we just take a break from spiderman/batman and create games for other superhero IPs for once....

There still isn't a "The Flash" game yet even though that would sell gangbusters.

Last edited:
The last big budget Batman game we have is from 2015.
Yeah but that and spiderman are really the only superhero IPs which have carved a name for themselves in gaming. And it still gets popular games being made recently with gotham knights even if the budget being poured into it isnt on the same level as the rocksteady trilogy.

On the other hand we dont have any flash games, aquaman games, wonder woman games, etc.

GymWolf

Yeah but that and spiderman are really the only superhero IPs which have carved a name for themselves in gaming. And it still gets popular games being made recently with gotham knights even if the budget being poured into it isnt on the same level as the rocksteady trilogy.

On the other hand we dont have any flash games, aquaman games, wonder woman games, etc.
Wonder woman is being developed as we speak.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

They are making Wonder Woman game right now. Will be interesting to see how it sells. I'm excited about that Captain America/Black Panther game set in WW2.

Ev1L AuRoN

I'm ready to take a break from Spider Man, please focus on Wolverine now, the character has a lot of potential. I must confess that after SM2 I'm worried about their next project.

ButchCat

I just hope they're closely watching what's been happening with Gotham Knights and Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League because millions of dollars were spent to prove to them that these are failed projects.

kiphalfton

They bought the studio just to make spider man games...

for the past 10 years ? all we getting is spider man. gow , last of the banana, horizon fat bitch.

how much boring this has to be ?

Where is Wipe out. Twisted Metal , Kinetica, Warhawk, Destruction Derby, Ape Escape, Killzone, Jax and daxter, Resistance, Motorstorm, Syphon filter and much more ?

Nope. another spider man. another alloy, another kratos.

That's what sells. Blame idiot consumers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom