• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Jimquisition - Garbage Nintendo's Gacha Garbage Is Garbage (Mario Kart Tour)

FranXico

Jim Sterling at it again.

This one is about "Mario Kart Tour". That game does sound terrible, to be fair.
But it looks to me like he is doing his best to provoke angry Nintendo fans.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
If gacha were half as bad as online forums said, they wouldn't be as successful as they are. People like random chance games. Its fun to roll the dice. If someone wants to spend a portion of their paycheck on more dice rolls then the company should sell that mechanic.

"but muh predatory practices that targets kids"

How bout do the basic minimum of parenting and don't let your kid have access to your credit card.

Now the UI and controls, thats another matter. Fair to call out the game on that if they're poor. But the microtransactions? Fire Emblem Heroes has an entire fanbase unto itself; people don't care and the people who do aren't playing mobile games.

mcjmetroid

I don't like gambling mechanics in a game however free to play is free to play after all.

I think it's fair game with free to play.

Portugeezer

He spends too much time acknowledging fanboys and trolls/haters, every god damn video.

Point of video is fine, usual mictrotransactions gambling is bad stuff we know about.

Pallas

He’s always complaining about something. I can’t watch the video yet, is it just about Mario Kart’s gacha?

bitbydeath

If gacha were half as bad as online forums said, they wouldn't be as successful as they are. People like random chance games. Its fun to roll the dice. If someone wants to spend a portion of their paycheck on more dice rolls then the company should sell that mechanic.

"but muh predatory practices that targets kids"

How bout do the basic minimum of parenting and don't let your kid have access to your credit card.

Now the UI and controls, thats another matter. Fair to call out the game on that if they're poor. But the microtransactions? Fire Emblem Heroes has an entire fanbase unto itself; people don't care and the people who do aren't playing mobile games.

Money aspects aside it also promotes addiction so I don’t let my kids play them.

Is it me, or is every gaming youtuber taking 5-8 minutes of content and stretching it into 15-20 minute videos?

I'm pretty sure the Jimquisition videos used to be around 8-12 minutes a piece - and were better for it. I still like Jim's content, but god damn dude, not everything needs to be damn near 20 minutes long.

Now that I got my old man shit out of the way, Jim seems to make a lot of good points about this game. I installed it last night, launched the game, it immediately required you to link your Nintendo account - I said fuck it, and closed the game. I've never been big on phone games, and the more I see of it, the more it looks like Nintendo dropped the ball on this big time.

Top Bottom