• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Joker is pregnant

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber

The short tale pairs Joker with the magician Zatanna, and instead of being a graphic, violent encounter, Zatanna casts a spell that leaves Joker pregnant and the two on the verge of starting a complicated new family.

This comes after the gay Superman book flopped so hard they canceled it.

k ok GIF

Pejo

God damn I hate modern pop fiction. Is there a more soulless iteration of it in history? Now writers are just coupling characters with whatever mental diseases they currently have. I wouldn't even care if it was new stuff, but taking established IPs with fanbases then absolutely contorting them into trash seems to be the trend.

I'll be real though, I wouldn't be the target for comic books anymore regardless, so my opinion barely matters on this. Just disheartening.

badblue

Gold Member
So there's 4 Jokers now?

5 if you count the Martha Wayne Joker in the timeline where Bruce was shot in the alley.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I'm very surprised that DC is course correcting and going with the "MAGIC is the only way a MAN could get pregnant" message.

I hope the final issue has some women asking the Joker if he now understands the suffering women go through and he replies, "Eh, it was no worse than [INSERT TYPICAL MALE DOMINATED BLUE COLLAR/MANUAL LABOR/AGRARIAN JOB HERE], really"

Fbh

God damn I hate modern pop fiction. Is there a more soulless iteration of it in history? Now writers are just coupling characters with whatever mental diseases they currently have. I wouldn't even care if it was new stuff, but taking established IPs with fanbases then absolutely contorting them into trash seems to be the trend.

I'll be real though, I wouldn't be the target for comic books anymore regardless, so my opinion barely matters on this. Just disheartening.

Well hey they need to take the chance to write these stories while they still can.
We are maybe 5-10 years away from AI just being able to write comic books

IKcQit3.png

Top Bottom