• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Joker is pregnant

tkscz

Well when your company is declining harder than a dementia patient's mentality you can just through whatever out there to try and garner attention.

This was attached to another Joker book mostly about the Joker trying to get laid I think. It's why it ends with Joker teasing Zatanna. It's being consider one of the worst comics ever written.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
God damn I hate modern pop fiction. Is there a more soulless iteration of it in history? Now writers are just coupling characters with whatever mental diseases they currently have. I wouldn't even care if it was new stuff, but taking established IPs with fanbases then absolutely contorting them into trash seems to be the trend.

I'll be real though, I wouldn't be the target for comic books anymore regardless, so my opinion barely matters on this. Just disheartening.

Holy frijoles. . .it is a "backup story" with no more continuity weight than those "Fruit Pie" comics back in the day. It is silly premise that begins and ends in the backup.

The what book?????

Clark Kent/Superman isn't gay; his son is who stars in his own - renamed - series. Character hasn't been cancelled at all.

8bitpill

I feel like we're in the era of Gayexploitation fantasy the way the 1970's had Blaxploitation.

But it's not like this hasn't happen before in "film" Junior 1994
SOMUty.gif

RAÏSanÏa

Since Alien style might not suit the comic, mouth birth is ok. It's still horror without the gore.

A magician being able to impregnate a dude then continue on her self-righteous way would be hilarious. Maybe not great social commentary, but that's what it looks like. It seems like something that could've been sown on purpose for Gunn. There's some jokes there.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I mean, it’s fucking stupid, but it’s also an off shoot thing, not a mainline entry, so not really that much to get worked up about.

Though… Manga is making stuff like Chainsaw Man, and western comics are doing this shit.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Just fire them all and let AI do the writing lmao
I was a quater of the way down the page and this idea popped into my head too :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Comics are long dead if this is the shat these 'writers' are putting out..

Good god.

They seem like the crazy bastards these super heroes used to try and stop in the damn comics. I swear I read a similar story in 2000AD once.

StormCell

I mean, seriously.... Marvel has their "What if..." stories that are totally meaningless and are usually written by the B team writers. lol

Thaedolus

I mean the description makes it sound kinda funny in how absurdly stupid it all is, but folks will never miss an opportunity to get all outraged and confirm their culture war preferences

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
My DC canon:
Batman Animated Series
Superman Animated Series
Justice League (Unlimited)
Arkham Trilogy

Thats it for me. For every good comic there’s 5 shit ones. Live action is hit or miss.

RAÏSanÏa

I mean the description makes it sound kinda funny in how absurdly stupid it all is, but folks will never miss an opportunity to get all outraged and confirm their culture war preferences
That's another thing about this issue that makes it collectable.

If this came out in 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s it would have gotten such a better response. The only other era I could imagine being at upset as this one would be the 50s(maybe Victorian). Expect even large amounts of the 1920s gen would have been laughing at any outrage at this like it's the fall of civilization. In the 80s it might have got a Chick tract since, at the core, those were the types to get worked up about this.

I can’t stand wokeism etc. but at first glance I really don’t see the big deal with this. It’s just weird, which comics should be imo. Men becoming pregnant is not a new thing in fantasy writing.

Now it could be lame as hell depending on how it’s played out. I have no intention of finding out, however. I’ll stick with Berserk and Akira.

Way more offensive to me was a few months ago when they had some bad guy say, literally, ‘(racist remark)’.

Either way, nobody is actually buying and reading this shit.

Lunarorbit

The Left.

Bobs Burgers Straws GIF
Its funny you used that gif cause Bob is pretty progressive. He'd probably have the same reaction to joker being pregnant as he does when he reads Tina's Friend Fiction erotica.

Actually Tina's probably written about the joker being pregnant. It has way more butts in it though

killatopak

Gold Member
I remember loving the movie when Arnorld Schwarzenegger got pregnant.

This however feels a bit tacked on for some reason. Haven’t read it or anything so I don‘t know if it’s good or just perfomative.

Top Bottom