• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us | Official Trailer | HBO Max

Bartski

Gold Member
thanks I hate it

Ginger David??????????????

and Baker as his sidekick the cannibal cook guy it seems.

Last edited:

Arun1910

The only thing I was worried about was if Bella could get Ellies mannerisms right. From this trailer, I have faith, even down to vocal delivery which is like Ashley's.

This actually looked really good, now I'm hyped.

No show based on a game will ever be 1:1 but this adaption looks very VERY close to the game from what we have seen.

Denton

I don't quite get why I should watch this when I already experienced better version of this story. Sorry Pedro and Bella but you ain't Joel and Ellie.

And seeing actual Joel relegated to some henchman of David is just sad.

Production values look good though. If the games didn't exist, I would likely be more interested.

I don't quite get why I should watch this when I already experienced better version of this story. Sorry Pedro and Bella but you ain't Joel and Ellie.

And seeing actual Joel relegated to some henchman of David is just sad.

Production values look good though. If the games didn't exist, I would likely be more interested.
The show producers finally corrected the one big flaw the game had which was debated by players ad naseum upon release .

Sarah is now black instead of white.

Thank god they updated the show for a modern audience.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
This is going to cause THE KILLING and GOT's levels of cope among new fans of the show I'm sure. Still haven't finished TLOU2, but I can't remember a SINGLE positive story beat in the first one, including the ending. It also looks like Henry and Sam are in this season which. . .hooboy.

The show producers finally corrected the one big flaw the game had which was debated by players ad naseum upon release .

Sarah is now black instead of white.

Thank god they updated the show for a modern audience.

. . .because that's critical to the story at all. Also funny you point THAT out, but just zoom right past the casting of Joel. Priorities I suppose.

Aenima

Looking great. While Ellie dosent look visually as acurate as Joel does, her acting is on point and pretty much sounds like her. While the story i guess will be pretty much the same as we seen in the games, i liked that in the trailer they also added a gameplay reference where u need to put on a plank to cross the buildings.

a58acc1692866c6a1e9da20ebae3ba2a.jpg

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
It's a reference to pt.2 where Ellie sings a cover of "Take on Me".

Of course, if you didn't play pt.2 you wouldn't pick up on that.

I did play it. It's still the terrible slowed down remix.

This looks terrible bad but also OK at points as well.

Will deffo give it a go.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

I guess braindead and uneducated people only able to like what advertising and big suits tells them to like will be happy.

For the rest of us, eeeeh, easy pass.

absurd how accurate this is

i'm still gonna watch because HBO doesn't miss. White Lotus is the best show out right now and nobody watches it lol.

Let’s see….which response to pick? 🤔
1). “I gotta a bad feeling about this!”
2). “Could be good..At least it ain’t made by Disney!”
3). “WTF else am I gonna watch in January 🤷🏻‍♂️?!”

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
The cast honestly looks bad for these roles but the rest looks pretty good. The games have never clicked for me but it might work better as a TV show honestly. I'll check it out.

Top Bottom