• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us | Official Trailer | HBO Max

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
looks great, hopefully joel is alive in this.
Jimbo is going to sell ps5 TLOU1 remake bundle after this.

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

I do think production wise it'll be great but casting wise they could've done so much better, I just don't see Joel or Ellie at all. That's not to say they won't kill it when it comes to the role when but part of the role for me personally is the visual.

Pedro, whom I think is a good actor, is horribly miscast as Joel. He has no….”balls” in his voice. He just does not work as Joel.

And Bella? My goodness is she awful for Ellie. Not just the way she looks, but her voice! It just does not work for Ellie.

Troy and Ashley are perfect in their portrayals of those two characters. So far, Pedro and Bella have shown to be horribly miscast for those two iconic roles, IMO.

Last edited:

GooseMan69

The show looks great, but I too am sick to fucking death of the hollywood trailer trend with the slowed down moody versions of famous songs. FUCK OFF. It reeks of corporate suit interference. Say what you want about Kojima but at least he makes cool trailers.

Very much looking forward to the show though. Looks extremely faithful to the game.

Last edited:

3liteDragon

Alright honest drunk opinions.

Looks dope as fuck

Ellie is not hot at all, I wouldnt hit, but if she got chops, then thats all she needs.
wife is sleep dont let her see my repliesl
Side Eye Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Ozzie666

I think it looks pretty good for a streaming TV show, people seem to except Cinema level CGI. In this world of streaming, we constantly forget what network level CGI actually looks like. Just look at the CW. The end shot beats anything from the walking dead. Also doesn't hurt the first game is pretty good source material to work from.

Aggelos

It looks very promising.
I don't mind about the actors/actresses' choice. If they wanted look-alikes for the 2 protagonists, they could have gone down the CGI TV-series path.

I guess braindead and uneducated people only able to like what advertising and big suits tells them to like will be happy.

For the rest of us, eeeeh, easy pass.

I had just watched the trailer and was complaining to my wife about why the fuck they would use the acoustic cover of Take on Me for TLOU and logged into GAF while watching StudioBinder about filmmaking tricks when I watched this.

HOLY SHIT this hit perfectly 🤣

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Jesus, full lol at all the haters, this looks fucking bonkers, the talent behind it is top tier, the studio supporting it is top tier and the fucking story is top tier and only on a videogames forum would fucking gamers tear into one of the best games ever getting a fantastic looking TV series.. can't wait to see everyone have a collective meltdown when the casting rumours for Abby appear..

dDoc

Wow, Bella Ramsey has much more of a lesbo face than the game character tbh.

HBO should mean quality, so hopeful this will be good.

Edit - not so convinced about ginger David though.

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

Oof. That took the winds out of my sails. As much as I have played tlou I'm not really that excited.

Bella was great on got but not feeling ellie at all in this trailer. Feels a little forced. She looks youngish but is already 19; at this age I think she'd be better cast for part 2.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Looks like they are very much doing a straight adaptation of the source material - which I'm fairly ambivalent about, to be honest. I hope they do try at least something a bit different, as I know this story backwards and forwards at this point. I didn't buy Part 1 because I know the story so well, and watching this will be a little underwhelming if it's exactly the same again.

I don't think it looks cheap at all, but it doesn't have the game's absolutely brilliant location design, which really made you believe you were in a world that had been going back to nature for 20 years. Hard to recreate that in live action, even on a big budget.

Portugeezer

Gold Member
Looked good until the TV show quality CGI Clicker. (I know it's a TV show, but we've seen better in others)

Last edited:
wasn't really interested in it but the trailer done it for me. it's now on my watch list.

yeah of course Bella doesn't look like Ellie but the trailer seems promising. she'll be great for people who never played the games but for those who played them will need to get over it.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Horrible casting specially for Ellie... but who knows.. might be good if they can keep Cuckman beta/feminist ideas away from the show

NinjaBoiX

Little Miss Rat Face is going to have to put in an incredible performance to win me over, the casting seems awful on the face of it.

She looks nothing like Ellie, and just has the wrong look altogether. She looks like a villain, not a protagonist.

Top Bottom