• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part 2 - for you when will it be released? May 2020 or February 2020?

For you, what could be the best date?

• February 2020

Votes: 26 44.1%
  • May 2020

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • Another month

Votes: 11 18.6%

• Total voters

D.Final

Banned
Since we will probably know next week, with the State of Play, when the game will be officially released, I opened this little survey about when you think The Last of Us Part 2 will be released.

Recent rumors speak of May 2020, others older than February 2020.
So, for you, what could be the best date?

Aggelos

I'd say May (that's what the leaks suggested during this summer)

But before E3 2019, it was reported as a February release.

D.Final

Banned

Hype :messenger_smiling_hearts:

0W2KarF.gif

hIbHZlv.png

yodine53

Feb 9th.
It will win Best Picture at the Oscars the same day and dethrone Avengers at the box office

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I can't wrap my mind around the Last of Us II not releasing this year. Not a very good year for SONY, that's the reality. Nothing against SONY.

Spring is jam packed. Cyberpunk is out near that time too, I can't imagine them going up against that. Release it in the relatively barren landscape of February.

D.Final

Banned
Spring is jam packed. Cyberpunk is out near that time too, I can't imagine them going up against that. Release it in the relatively barren landscape of February.

Technically also the months of May and June 2020 are quite free, in general.

We need to see what their strategy is for Ghost of Tsushima.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I'm sure they're going to release it months before the PS5 comes out. Im sure they're going advertise enhanced versions of PS4 games for the PS5 at E3 and TLOU 2 will be part of that.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
UC4 bets dropped around early Dec.

The game relesed in May.

I think we're going to see the same thing with TLOU.

D.Final

Banned
I'm sure they're going to release it months before the PS5 comes out. Im sure they're going advertise enhanced versions of PS4 games for the PS5 at E3 and TLOU 2 will be part of that.

I also fully agree on this.
The Last of Us Part 2, along with Ghost of Tsushima, will probably be the first games to be advertised with "technical upgrades" for the new generation Playstation 5.

D.Final

Banned
I can't wrap my mind around the Last of Us II not releasing this year. Not a very good year for SONY, that's the reality. Nothing against SONY.

At least 2/3 big exclusive have been kept for each year.

This year with Days Gone and Death Stranding.
And 2020 with The Last of Us Part 2, Ghost of Tsushima, and Final Fantasy VII Remake.

shaddam

I'm hoping for end of february. I will come back from my tropical vacation, my soul will need some mud and blood:messenger_grinning_sweat:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
What was really good was playing through the campaign of the original on PS3 and then focusing on multiplayer on PS4's Remastered version. I suspect it wouldn't clash with other AAA game(s). It appears that they want to end this console generation in the same way the PS3 went out. Which isn't bad, but the PS4 could still get a lot more game(s) in my opinion. Naughty Dog sure likes to keep a lid on what they're working on.

D.Final

Banned
yep, the best for last.

In a certain way, yes.
For Sony, The Last of Us Part 2 and Ghost of Tsushima are the protagonists of the initial promotional campaign for Playstation 5, most likely.

I hope they are well optimized even on PS4 consoles though.

D.Final

Banned
What was really good was playing through the campaign of the original on PS3 and then focusing on multiplayer on PS4's Remastered version. I suspect it wouldn't clash with other AAA game(s). It appears that they want to end this console generation in the same way the PS3 went out. Which isn't bad, but the PS4 could still get a lot more game(s) in my opinion. Naughty Dog sure likes to keep a lid on what they're working on.

It seems to me that there was a rumor, a few months ago, that talked about the new IP that Naughty Dog for PS5 are working on.

Named with the code name Stray'a Cross, and is a first-person game.

rəddəM

I'll be at work at the time so here's my predictions:
1. Joel
2. Mocaped dog
3. Infected gameplay, new infecteds
4. New characters
5. Release date
6. Ghost of Tsushima, release date.

mejin

In a certain way, yes.
For Sony, The Last of Us Part 2 and Ghost of Tsushima are the protagonists of the initial promotional campaign for Playstation 5, most likely.

I hope they are well optimized even on PS4 consoles though.

Yeah, I'm with you.

TLoU was really taxing on PS3, but I didn't have any problem with it. Had a blast.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It seems to me that there was a rumor, a few months ago, that talked about the new IP that Naughty Dog for PS5 are working on.

Named with the code name Stray'a Cross, and is a first-person game.

Interesting...

🎨 I admire the artwork Naughty Dog puts in their games., especially seeing all these pieces out on the west coast.

D.Final

Banned

When I saw the trailer, RDR2 immediately came to mind.

There seems to have been a little inspiration, with horse riding and shelter in cowboy ways.

I really like what I've seen.
Now Hype for the DayOne.

So February won.
Ashley was correct after all, when she almost blabbed/ spilled the beans.....

P. S .: and so it was that, 21 February 2020 was the date.
(I would have preferred February 14, if they could, but it's ok anyway)

scalman

not many talks about that Tommy is there and helping Elie in first place , didint expect to see older Tommy . he gives her some advices but Elie wont losten to him and still do what she wants
3ctU8Ee.png

5Pc45rl.png

EYvfJRy.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom