• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part 2 Remastered on PC has been ready for at least seven months, it’s claimed

the-last-of-us-2-remastered-1024x576.jpg

Dealabs user Billbil-kun, who has a long track record of reliably leaking game announcements and other information, says they believe the game has been finshed for some time.

According to the insider’s sources, development on the PC version started at least as far back as 2021.
“What’s more, and this is the most important piece of information in this article, we believe that the game’s development is well and truly complete, dating back to at least November 2023,” they added.

Speculating as to why the PC port wasn’t released alongside the PS5 version and has still yet to appear, Billbil-kun wonders if the game is being held back to release alongside the second season of The Last of Us TV show, which is scheduled for 2025.

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
Been waiting for this to come to PC since it was released lol

I had a PS4 but didnt want to play it on that, biding my time for the PC version!
It'll be worth the wait. I can't wait for my next playthrough to be on PC.

Makes sense to make it ready to ship when the involved people are still there and no new person has to adjust to someone else's work.
Makes also sense to keep sp stuff locked to PS5 for a while even if they might lose some PC sales, but keep their own platform alive and kicking, and desired.

Dazraell

Gold Member
I mean, this kinda makes sense considering their strategy with releasing PC ports after PS4 / PS5 versions. They're probably spacing out PC releases to give each of these games some time in a spotlight instead of flooding the market with multiple ports at once

lockdown2222

Neo Member
We bought this game how many times now? And then hold it for two years in the hopper? Ehhhhh pass. I like the game but I’m good this time around. Curious to see if it’ll have all the launch issues the first one did after sitting dormant for two years where it could be worked on.

Filben

If the first game is any metric to go by I'd avoid part two like the plague. If you have a PS5, just play it there; it has a +60fps option there as well and I doubt there's going to be RT in the PC version so visual differences are probably miniscule.

I thoroughly enjoyed my second playthrough on the PS5 (as far as "enjoying" this game goes) and I'm sick of bad PC ports that are unstable and run like crap even on a RTX 3080.

So glad Steam offers refunds.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Looking at the state Part 1 launched on, it's good. Let them take this time to 'fix' it for launch.

They're following the Rockstar dick moves game plan. Intentionally hold back games to try and bait as many idiots to double dip as possible. They treat PC gamers like second class citizens. When you have publishers routinely release multiplatform games across various consoles at the exact same time as PC, any delay in releasing a PC port today is not because of some bullshit struggle to port to the fucking platform these games were already made to run on (x86) but a strategic financial move by some dumbass analyst thinking it's the way to make the most money. Fools they are. We PC players have been made so used to waiting for ports that we will happily wait beyond launch for a deep sale. You could have got us day one at full price with the swelling of hype around a new game release, but you bean counters just had to go with the idea that delaying ports somehow makes you more money. Oh well not like I give a shit for movie games anyway.

Frwrd

So, I genuinely hope this means that Neil Cuckmann's comment regarding ND having multiple single-player games under development do NOT take this one into equation.

Jaybe

Gold Member
Maybe they will actually QA and play test this one. Part 1 was an embarrassing release, like they pushed it out the last week of the fiscal quarter to count that money and must’ve known it was garbage.

Kssio_Aug

Absolutely zero chance I'd have waited on the PC port for this, given how terrible the first one was.
If you think the first one was terrible, you'd be surprised with Part II.

ron swanson computer GIF

Unless you mean the quality of the port itself. I didn't play it on PC though, so I don't know how bad it is there.

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Good. Shows Sony knows what they're doing and are prioritizing their console base.
Not going to lose their identity.

Hmm, doesn't feel 4 years old. Guess it was on ps4.
Still. Glad to hear they'll hold on PC releases when they want to.
Maybe it's time you accept Sony doesn't actually give a fuck about you and are just interested in money? The sooner you realize that, the healthier your relationship with a multi-billion dollars multinational will become.

If you think the first one was terrible, you'd be surprised with Part II.

Outside of story which depends on everyone's point of view, everything else is factually improved from combat, gameplay, animations, atmosphere, audio, etc. I've yet to play a game that surpasses TLOU2 in animation quality/detail, which is kinda pathetic if you think about it, since TLOU2 is an old-gen game, a PS4 title and we're now almost at half-end of PS5's cycle and we've yet to play anything remotely close to it in quality. I dont know what happened to developers in the last 5 years but covid and laziness is the first thing that comes to mind.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Considering how the first port was, if you have a PS5, just do the smart move like me and play it there.
TLOU2 is far less demanding. TLOU1 was rebuilt from the ground up (excl. voice acting) on a vastly more demanding next-gen engine. I bet if they did it right, TLOU2 performance-wise will be much better and way less VRAM and CPU hungry, probably more similar to the Lost Legacy since it's the same and late version of their engine build for PS4.

Anyway, we won't see a PC release until early 2025 for sure.

Last edited:
Top Bottom