• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part I on PC delayed to March 28

Draugoth

Gold Member
The Last of Us Part I PC will now be released on March 28. An update from our team:

FoDdWNRXkAE6Yjg

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
"Let's get right to it" then proceeds to write a fucking thesis.

finals lol GIF by San Diego Zoo

Not reading all that + I don't care, release it when it's ready. Just don't release another bad port like some previous Sony games.

Last edited:

keraj37

BTW, does anyone know, since I logged in into my PS account after a year and found out I have TLOU1 remastered ready to install, but I didn't buy it - did they give it away at some point or I won some lottery?

Jaybe

Alex’s list got them. But seriously, PC release state can make or break sales, especially break when its review bombed incessantly. So take the time, and get it right as can be.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Gives Wo Long a little breathing room but people are gonna be stuck into Jedi and RE4.

MiguelItUp

Not reading all that + I don't care, release it when it's ready. Just don't release another bad port like some previous Sony games.
No shit! Lmao. I'd be totally finally with...

"Hey,

So, the port is still buggy AF and needs more time in the oven. Please continue to stay interested and excited.

Thank you."

But nah, send me a novel!

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Im waiting for this port and im frankly sick and tired of bad day 1 performance in every single fucking game releasing lately. If it's not stutter, it's simply poor performance.

Hopefully it performs better than their Uncharted port which performed really poorly on nvidia cards. A fucking 3070 ti was offering the same performance as a PS5 which is ridiculous given that GPU is roughly 50% more powerful. I want to be able to run this game at 4k 60 fps on my 3080.

Woggleman

If I do the math this is shortly after the season to the TV show ends so people who want more will have access to the game on two platforms.

ssringo

Can't say I'm torn up over the news. There's too many releases in the next couple months so I was never going to get it at launch.

I'm sure it'll sell fine though.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Real release date of PC games is 6 months after the official one since bugs are ironed out.

Hopefully system shock is released march. Backed that eons ago.

mortal

Gold Member
Not a big delay and imo, I'd much rather they take their time and ensure that it's truly a solid port.

People will have been waiting 7 months by that point, so what're another 4 weeks?

Sybrix

Only a couple of weeks, fine with that.

Havent played TLOU since PS3, completed it back then.

Haven't played TLOU2, really looking forward to playing TLOU on PC, especially since the TV show is so good.

It's interesting.

They took a look at how big sales would have been for this if they

A) moved up the date
B) kept the date
C) moved the date back

Them choosing C over potentially higher sales takes a lot of self reflection as the hype might die down for this show a bit by March 28th, but sounds like they made the right choice. Now we have to see what state the game comes out in, but also that this port of a game that released in September isn't ready 6 months later and needs a full 7 months is a bit staggering and speaks to potentially poor project management, which includes bringing the PC version in earlier.

Makes me wonder when the development actually started on this game, when it began in earnest (rumored that ND took over), and when they decided this would fall into the Sony PC strategy. Nearly a year since the title was officially announced...

load of pish!

i don't see what 3 weeks is going to do. either it's a fucking mess or it's ready. if it's a mess then 3 weeks ain't gonna turn it around.

sendit

Love how Sonys biggest fans are the ones who want their games to bomb and less people to have access to them

Sadly for you Returnal will be very popular on PC
Sadly for those fans. 95% of Sony's triple AAA titles have been a runway success on the PC. Can't think of one that didn't succeed on the PC.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Not a big deal whatsoever. We’ve got Returnal in a couple weeks, Hi Fi Rush just hit, and there’s a billion other PC games to play.

GymWolf

This game will bomb so hard on pc.
PlayStation will be forced to abandon its pc initiative and focus on their main console.

Looking forward to it.
Sony games do pretty well on pc and now there is the serial in tv to boost sales...

KungFucius

King Snowflake

What is bad about their ports? I have played the Spiderman games and Uncharted. They seemed to run better than PS4 and similar to PS5 on higher end RTX cards. As console ports that seems good enough to me.

Another game running from Starfield. Starfield is coming in first half of March. Laugh at me now but be sure to come back here in March to give me my credit! Star Wars straight up got out of March and into late April to avoid Starfield bc they are both SciFi/space games. TLOU needs to still come out before the season one buzz dies down after it ends so they are just trying to get a couple weeks between the launches.

Todd said he always wanted to reveal a game and then launch it very shortly after. Starfield showcase is rumored for Early March. The Hi-Fi shadowlaunch was a test run. Not saying Starfield will shadowlaunch but the traditional marketing lead up time will be significantly shorter than in other AAA games. Xbox does not need to market Starfield. Starfield needs to market for gamepass/xbox to slow Sony's momentum asap.

They can't go to ANOTHER E3 saying what they are GUNNA do. They need to go in showing what they DID.

deeptech

This game will bomb so hard on pc.
PlayStation will be forced to abandon its pc initiative and focus on their main console.

Looking forward to it.
wouldn't that be awesome, you'll be able to reinforce your corporate brand identity and justify your preferred purchase that makes you feel so special and different from the rest
nice troll, you got me for sure

Top Bottom