• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us VS The Last of Us Part II | Graphics Comparison | Evolution

Evilms

Banned

• The lighting has been reduced compared to the E3 2018 demo.
  • Decrease in the intensity of the god rays.
  • Presence of two frogs during the forest scene in the E3 demo against only one in the final game.
  • Volumetric fog and light have been reduced.
  • Addition of interior light (example of the garage at 04:17).
  • Foliage density and display distance are higher in the final game.
  • Whether it's for the demo or the final game, the assets of the game are the same.
  • The specular clarity has been reduced (car at 05:54).
  • Some artistic changes.
  • Some differences in colorimetry.
  • Absence of global illumination in the E3 2018 demo (car windows at 06:15).
  • The light emitted by the fire has been significantly reduced (example at 06:40).
  • The quality (Details / Geometry / Shaders) of the enemy models : Demo > Final Game.
  • Loss in the quality of some animations (arrow recovery at 09:10 more fluid and natural in the demo).
  • Enemy interaction with the environment has disappeared.
  • Reduction of some post-processing effects.
  • Concerning the game as a whole, Naughty Dog has kept its promises despite the changes.

GymWolf

Members on reee open topics about the differences: oh what a childish thing to do, go back to your mother's basement and get a life, the game looks the same.

DF make a special video about the differences: oh shit, a new super interesting and professional video from our saviour DF, can't wait to watch this shit 5 times in a row

me:
giphy.gif

Falcs

Banned
I'm glad they completely changed the way she looks because it makes it easier for me to see newer Ellie as a completely different person, egro easier for me to see TLOU2 as non-canon.

Kokoloko85

The animation difference is so different at around 9.45-10 something is awful.

Its really disappointed, and Id say awful how they changed something that looked next gen, to a bald enemy that looks like its come out of PS3 era.

The whole scene looks and acts different. The destructible environment, the animations of the enemy taking hits and interacting with you. The lightening of the area is downgraded alot and mostly the bald enemy’s facial animations are nothing alike.

Deceiving.
The facial animations etc what made me wow about the game. When playing it, I remember the fake animations tweet and how god damn right he was.

You can check my posts out, I was a big fan of this game. Still am, but fuck me Naughty dog done worse than ubisoft to me with the downgrade. It looked god like at 2018, still looks amazing but not the level they showed, nowhere close. Very deceiving, I expect that level of downgrade from other companies but not naughty dog.
If the PS5 version isn’t closer to the 2018 demo than lol. Thats where Im planning to finish the game as I stopped playing lol

Some fake animations indeed

Last edited:

GymWolf

The animation difference is so different at around 9.45-10 something is awful.

Its really disappointed, and Id say awful how they changed something that looked next gen, to a bald enemy that looks like its come out of PS3 era.

The whole scene looks and acts different. The destructible environment, the animations of the enemy taking hits and interacting with you. The lightening of the area is downgraded alot and mostly the bald enemy’s facial animations are nothing alike.

Deceiving.
The facial animations etc what made me wow about the game. When playing it, I remember the fake animations tweet and how god damn right he was.

You can check my posts out, I was a big fan of this game. Still am, but fuck me Naughty dog done worse than ubisoft to me with the downgrade. It looked god like at 2018, still looks amazing but not the level they showed, nowhere close. Very deceiving, I expect that level of downgrade from other companies but not naughty dog.
If the PS5 version isn’t closer to the 2018 demo than lol. Thats where Im planning to finish the game as I stopped playing lol

Some fake animations indeed
i can't even say if you are trolling or not, bravo i guess :ROFLMAO:

Kokoloko85

i can't even say if you are trolling or not, bravo i guess :ROFLMAO:

Lol Im serious but I havent got my pitchfork out Im just genuinely disappointed.

Maybe saying worse than ubisoft was harsh.
And awful isnt the right word but it changed from looking out of this world to great. I cant forgive that bald face....looks pretty crap compared to what was shown.

I stopped playing because same reason I did with Death Stranding, Jedi Fallen order and Doom Eternal... I just like having a backlog of games for the PS5 thinking they are gonna be running better with my new TV... yes im weird

Still think its probably the best graphics /animations /details this console generation. Just that bald facial animations went from god tier to meh

Last edited:

dEvAnGeL

I keep reading it looks like a ps3 game a lot, i really want to know what kind of ps3 these mofos had cause god damn i would have never gotten a ps4 if my games already looked like that.

Top Bottom