• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Remnant Remastered, announced for Switch (available now)

D.Final

Banned
Annunced tonight at E3 2019.

Update:

The Last Remnant Remastered now available for Switch

Square Enix has released The Last Remnant Remastered for Switch via the Nintendo eShop for $19.99, the company announced.

The remaster first launched for PlayStation 4 in December 2018.

Here is an overview of the game, via Nintendo.com:

The cult classic RPG featuring team versus team battles finally arrives on Nintendo Switch!
Last released in 2008, The Last Remnant captured the hearts and minds of gamers with its enthralling story, countless characters and intricate battle system. Now this cult classic RPG is back with a Remastered version and is coming to Nintendo Switch with even more beautiful graphics, enhanced via an updated game engine.
There exists a world woven together by four races: Mitra, Yama, Qsiti, and Sovani.
In this world, mysterious objects called “Remnants” have existed since ancient times. Who created these objects? When? And for what reason? No one knew nor had the means to know, but continued to extract and use their colossal power.
However, the Remnants’ immense power gradually caused the world to fall out of balance. As further separation tore apart those who rule and those who follow, a war broke out―the beginning of a long and endless strife.
A thousand years later, this story begins.
Distinct Battle System
A command-style battle with ever-changing scenarios
Coming in contact with enemies on the field will trigger battles. Strategize and make full use of the commands that change constantly depending on the positions and state of friendly and enemy forces.
Morale of friendly forces greatly affects the outcome of battle
In battle, morale expresses the spirit of individuals and groups of both friendly and enemy forces. Higher morale has advantageous effects such as increasing the attack stat to deal more damage, or decreasing damage dealt by the enemy.
Square Enix also released “Inside The Last Remnant Remastered,” a 10-minute developer diary that looks at some of the secrets and anecdotes from the development of the game, featuring interviews with executive producer and writer Akitoshi Kawazu, art director Yusuke Naora, and director Hiroshi Takai.

Last edited:

ClosBSAS

where is the goddamn pc version for this? masterpiece of a gem and not on pc! (yes i know, original version was on pc)

FStubbs

switch is the remastered version. pc isnt. and pc version was delisted, no longer available. and i am wondering when they will bring it back. such a good jrpg.

Yeah, but I remember when the PC version was improved from the original 360 version. So I'm guessing just the graphics have been touched up?

I have the PC version, wondering if I should dip in.

Last edited:

ClosBSAS

Yeah, but I remember when the PC version was improved from the original 360 version. So I'm guessing just the graphics have been touched up?

I have the PC version, wondering if I should dip in.
pc version probably still best in terms of technical stuff like texture popin and streaming...but its missing the new lighting system and graphic quirks.

Mista

Banned
I don’t think I’ll get this. Don’t like gaming on Switch outside of Nintendo games + I have this on Xbox already

Animagic

Banned
I totally got this. It has a masterful soundtrack and a Saga-esque battle system. I loved playing this what feels like forever ago. Gonna enjoy replaying it.

Last edited:

Teslerum

pc version probably still best in terms of technical stuff like texture popin and streaming...but its missing the new lighting system and graphic quirks.

Its insulting since they removed the original pc version to buy from the store. Everyone thought it was just to put remastered on a bit later, but to this day we don't have a way to buy last remnant on pc.

They sure as hell better give us a free upgrade when they finally release it again, but they probably won't.

Virex

Banned
Got it on PS4. Loved it on 360 and the enhancements it got for PS4 is amazing. But haven't played it much. But I am starting it very soon so I can devote all my time to it. Glad Switch owners are also getting to experience it.

sublimit

Banned
I think it's time i buy this for PS4. Never realized before that it had such a unique and fresh battle system. I wish there was a physical PS4 version though.

Top Bottom