• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel |OT| Class Warfare

Terxus

Neo Member
Yeah, the 20cp slash, but it only does around 8k damage tops.

I'll keep trying later and see if I can get lucky with a couple of turns, which should do it for me. It just hurts once he gets his libe attack and takes 10-20k each turn with two attacls, then sobetines gets a second turn for a third attack/special move.

I've 0 luck my entire playthrough, lol.. cursed version I tell ya.

Just keep trying, I did it at level 63 on hard so it's definitely doable.

2016-09-04-140510hvzqt.jpg

Took me like 10 tries though.

Korigama

How the heck did you beat that fight on hard at such low level ? congrats to all of you.
Just Normal for me, as I mentioned (I'll be going for Nightmare soon, but I'll also have the benefit of using the Shining Pom DLC to get to Lv. 80 before then). Nothing special in my case.

Just finished Chapter One. All in all a fairly good start. I can see people calling it slow but honestly the game throws a lot of information at you about systems and how they work so if the game moved any faster you'd probably end up confused/lost.

I S Ranked Ch. 1 and left it with my first four characters at level 15--is that fairly standard as far as leveling goes?
Don't worry about levels for the most part. The game will make sure you are at the right level through generous xp scaling.

Korigama

...I liked Towa. Still, also can't really deny that the writers played her up a good deal.

As far as NPCs who weren't antagonists are concerned, the only ones whom I couldn't stand were Laura's fangirls back in Legram (Jusis' last comments on them before the group left summed up how I felt about them).

Taruranto

Pandering to the good girl crew? Her script was nothing special, nut she was a very likable character.

The characters constantly spent 3/4 of their time telling you how special and good she is, she doesn't have any glaring flaws (except maybe "cute" ones like OMG, SHE'S SO SHORT!!) and she's portrayed like some kind of genius to the point government adults rely on her. "Likeable" is pretty subjective.

She's an obvious, empty pandering character, though I guess an effective one for some people.

Ultimadrago

As far as NPCs who weren't antagonists are concerned, the only ones whom I couldn't stand were Laura's fangirls back in Legram (Jusis' last comments on them before the group left summed up how I felt about them).

I'd say Margarita could be added to my list of NPC characters I hated seeing on-screen every time.

Hanako Ohtani chills.

The characters constantly spent 3/4 of their time telling you how special and good she is, she doesn't have any glaring flaws (except maybe "cute" ones like OMG, SHE'S SO SHORT!!) and she's portrayed like some kind of genius to the point government adults rely on her. "Likeable" is pretty subjective.

She's an obvious, empty pandering character, though I guess an effective one for some people.

Please don't talk about my President like this

Eylos

Banned
Anyone knows the time cs2 will be available on ps store?

About towa i like her, but she looks like a child.

I changed the dance partner. instead of Emma i will go with sara

Cqef

No matter how much you look at it though, as far as CS1 is concerned, Towa is boring.
Sure, she's cute, but that's the end of it.
She's nothing to get all ecstatic over, given how most of the cast is more interesting.

Care to enlighten me as to why she's good?

Cornbread78

No matter how much you look at it though, as far as CS1 is concerned, Towa is boring.
She's nothing to get all ecstatic over, given how most of the cast is more interesting.

Let's be real, Sara is the true prize

I just like Towa's good natured character. She's strong, caring, hardworking, smart and independant. Can't ask for much more than that. However, her background was extremely lacking.

I don't really have a true "waifu" in this game; I usually try for the "sensei route" by default, lol.

Ot of the end events I watched, I'd have to go:

Alise, Emma, Fie, Laura, Millium. Might even flip Fie and Emma. Fie's was very down to earth and heartfelt but not as a "romantic" interest.

I just like Towa's good natured character. She's strong, caring, hardworking, smart and independant. Can't ask for much more than that. However, her background was extremely lacking.

One interesting bit about Towa's background that I picked up on my second playthrough is
that if you take her to the Eastern Teahouse during the school festival, she mentions that she has eastern blood in her. I'm wondering if that will wind up playing a role in the future, since the series has kind of hyped up all sorts of crazy shit related to the east in the past.

But as her character stands, she just doesn't have a lot going on. She certainly seems like a nice person, but there's no real growth arc or anything.

Well, I can only talk about myself but the reason that I liked Towa so much at the beginning was because she is simply a nice and considered person.

You come to this new environment and everyone have their own things to do and care about and most people not only don't care about you but some *cough* Sara *cough* even thoughtlessly burden you with new responsibilities left and right. You are quite overwhelmed and no ones gives a damn about you which is annoying. That is until you see Towa. She is nice, she knows that you are overwhelmed, apologizes for the troubles that Sara has put you through (even though she doesn't have to) and tells you it's okay if you don't wanna spend your free days helping her. And she is not saying these things to simply look nice, she genuinely cares about the well being of other students including you.

Well, Rean ends up doing the requests any way but still it was nice to know that someone actually cares about you and isn't simply trying to use you like everyone else.

As the story goes on and you see more of her you start to notice other good things about her character. She is strong, very hard working, kind, caring, smart... and she just grows on you more and more since the intent behind her actions are very clear and mostly pure.

So is she a cliche character? Yeah, you could say that.
But does that make her bad or uninteresting? No, absolutely not.

Honestly, between all these secretive, tsundere, mysterious, etc, etc, characters that surround you, Towa feels like a nice breath of fresh air with how nice and honest she is.

Meffer

I just in 2 they explain how they pull their weapons out of their ass. I NEED TO KNOW, ITS BEEN BUGGING ME DAMNIT!!

Bladenic

I just in 2 they explain how they pull their weapons out of their ass. I NEED TO KNOW, ITS BEEN BUGGING ME DAMNIT!!

That's like most JRPGs though.

As for Towa, she's just there for me. Personally I find her the most boring from the original Class 7 or whatever they were called (except for George but he doesn't really count), and I do think she's an obvious creator's pet.

epmode

Wow, that free Shining Pom DLC got me to go back and boost my final save to the level 80 cutoff for the Cold Steel 2 export. Good times.

Towa is the only character that boops you. Check and mate.

When is the best time to use shining pom dlc on a ng+?

Always the end of a run. Shining pom's give you a level regardless of EXP, so it makes more sense to accumulate EXP through a run of a game and possibly gain levels that way, then use them

Also for some reason they scale with the enemies in an area. So they're harder to kill in areas with higher level enemies.

So basically when you get to the save point before the last boss in the schoolhouse, teleport back to the elevator, go to school house floor 1 and use your baits

Ultimadrago

Any news on the Cold Steel II OT? Apologies if this has been mentioned in the past. I haven't seen signs of it.

At the very end of the game in the old schoolhouse.

In addition, make sure to go to return to an earlier floor in the schoolhouse to ensure they don't wander off too far. The final stage has some very large spaces loaded with many small/thin platforms sprinkled between. It can make getting to Poms more of a pain when they are spawned. Early floors are smaller and straightforward, making the spawn points easy to reach.

preta

Towa is a really weird character because she shares her last name with the protagonist of Nayuta no Kiseki (which is supposedly non-canon to the rest of the series) and her first name and Nayuta's both mean something like "infinity". Also, (very minor CS2)
her S-Craft is a reference to the season-switching system in Nayuta no Kiseki
AND she appears as a schoolteacher in Tokyo Xanadu (and from what I've heard, she's very conspicuously unclear about her background).

So she's definitely a creator's pet. Possibly to the point of being a dimension hopper to justify her being in more games.

omgfloofy

Banned
and her first name and Nayuta's both mean something like "infinity".

A little more on the name thing, if I recall correctly. They're both Buddhist terms for the same concept of eternity/infinity- just one ('towa') is Japanese, and the other ('nayuta') is Sanskrit.

It's been a long time since I did that research, though, so I may be remembering wrong.

preta

A little more on the name thing, if I recall correctly. They're both Buddhist terms for the same concept of eternity/infinity- just one ('towa') is Japanese, and the other ('nayuta') is Sanskrit.

It's been a long time since I did that research, though, so I may be remembering wrong.

No, I think that's right. I didn't mean to imply that they were both Japanese. Also, I could've sworn I read this once but I couldn't find a source - (CS2)
isn't her best gun also called Nayuta?

PK Gaming

My apologies. The last thing I wanted to do is bring obnoxious waifu wars into this. I genuinely like Towa, but I can absolutely understand the perspective of people who don't. I was just being a dick to Taruranto for stuff that happened years ago, which was uncalled for.

???

can i have a link

NO!

Top Bottom