• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 64 sequel - Nintendo E3 1999

For comparison the official trailer:

Modeling, animating, compositing, and all other visuals by @the_regressor

Purpose:
It was fun to make! The quality is supposed to be “bad”: if it looks like a flaw or error, it was likely 100% intentional and either left in or put in on purpose. My goal was not to replicate Ocarina or Majora’s Mask visuals exactly or be 100% technically accurate to N64/DD capabilities or specifications; only “similar” with artistic liberties. Comments complaining/pointing out such will be ignored; it looks exactly the way I intended too.

Technical: All 3d assets (characters, environments, “effects”) are modeled, rigged, animated, and textured from scratch by myself using Maya 2009 and Photoshop. The video frames are natively rendered at 240x320 (4:3) resolution at 30 fps, but is intentionally frame posterized to show at 15-18 fps and enlarged with no anti-aliasing or image softening to 1920x1080 (16:9) for upload. There are always supposed to be black bars on the sides; black bars on the top/bottoms during the “cutscenes”.

I love seeing these demakes so I just thought I'd share this video.

Last edited:
Top Bottom