• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom | Review Thread

What score do you think The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom will get?

• 0 -10%

Votes: 7 2.7%
  • 10 -20%

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 20-30%

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 30-40%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40-50%

• 50-60%

• 60-70%

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 70-80%

• 80-85%

• 85-90%

Votes: 24 9.1%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 101 38.3%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 125 47.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm playing TOTK day 1 but critics overhype it. I'm guessing a 96 or so. There will be a few critics knocking it for using the same map and performance issues. I hope it's less empty than BOTW

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It shits all over BoTW. Its a shame that the team were constrained by this hardware.
So what you are saying is you already have the game.........before me!
baki-the-grappler-mad.gif

Sensei

I'd say 96 97, just like Breath of the Wild.
I honestly don't care about the score. I just hope I'll enjoy it at leest as much as the prequel.

Last edited:

BlackTron

I think had BotW released in a state closer to TotK it would be a real perfect 10, but it was really only half a Zelda game, TotK completes the vision but comes out in 2023 on weak hardware long after the concept wooed us.

So if you've been waiting all this time for the finished version of BOTW, it's here, but since you like waiting, abstain even longer for the DX version on the next system...then you will have a perfect 10 Zelda with decent performance, having waited since Skyward Fucking Sword

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I think had BotW released in a state closer to TotK it would be a real perfect 10, but it was really only half a Zelda game, TotK completes the vision but comes out in 2023 on weak hardware long after the concept wooed us.

So if you've been waiting all this time for the finished version of BOTW, it's here, but since you like waiting, abstain even longer for the DX version on the next system...then you will have a perfect 10 Zelda with decent performance, having waited since Skyward Fucking Sword
I played at 4k and 144 fps for BOTW. It was glorious.

I still can’t wait to play this even at 30fps and 500p.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

It's Zelda and everyone is hyped for it.

The things we'll see made and the crazy gameplay that'll come from it will push it past BOTW.
Like 1998
When Ocarina of Time came out

I’d say that number. It’s got all these new things you can do. Build a sail, ride the air(?), and all these places you can go with carts and stuff. It’s got enough to get a large fan base excited about it. Plus it’s a flagship entry from Nintendo.

Hoppa

94 I reckon. Was thinking of picking it up but I didn’t complete
or enjoy
BoTW

Last edited:

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
I don't need a reviews I'm playing it right nows.

Only times Nintendo has delivered the promised land of gaming since forever.

oh_i_get_it_chris_farley.gif

Soosa

Banned
Drop the console warrior persecution complex
Like typical Nintendo IP

If it would release in similar technical shape on xbox/playstation = 50-60%

on nintendo system = 90-100%

I bet it is fun adventure, but Nintendo and fair reviews dont go together, they always get away with big technical issues and other things, that would make the game get much lower scores on other ecosystems. Like mario odyssey, game is like 7/10 max but if someone says it out loud, nintendo-ninjas come at night :messenger_fearful:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I think everyone is entitled to their opinion but I also definitely think you’re in the minority there. Odyssey is amazing.

Has there even been a better and more polished 3D platformer released since on any platform?
Why do you entertain such silliness. For the majority of this forum a game can only be 9+ if it's 4K 60FPS on Playstation and made by Sony.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Why are a certain fanbase so salty over these amazing Nintendo games?

It's like they know deep down that they don't know what magical gameplay and design is...projecting their own misery or something.

I'm glad I'm still blown away by their games and hope I never grow up.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Like typical Nintendo IP

If it would release in similar technical shape on xbox/playstation = 50-60%

on nintendo system = 90-100%

I bet it is fun adventure, but Nintendo and fair reviews dont go together, they always get away with big technical issues and other things, that would make the game get much lower scores on other ecosystems. Like mario odyssey, game is like 7/10 max but if someone says it out loud, nintendo-ninjas come at night :messenger_fearful:
Almost all reviewers criticized the performance of PokemonS&V, even though it is not technically Nintendo.

As for BotW, performance issues are ridiculously exaggerated. I didn’t only play it on release 6 years ago but played it in the last 3 weeks and finished it yesterday so the experience is fresh. Other than the very rare occasions of slowdowns when too much happens on screen at the same time like explosions and striking multiple enemies at the same time + Hyrule forest. That’s it. In a 50 hours game.

Last edited:

L*][*N*K

Banned

Sky Atlantic GIF by Sky

L*][*N*K

Banned
Unless the game is broken (Cyberpunk and Redfall level) I doubt these reviews will be any less than 95, personally I really want it to be the highest rated game ever made, I need that.

Top Bottom