• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Making of Alan Wake 2 - [Behind The Scenes]

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Thought this deserves a topic of its own.

Compiled video of all behind the scenes, cast/developer interviews from Remedy.

Last edited:

BootsLoader

Banned
Thought this deserves a topic of its own.

Compiled video of all behind the scenes, cast/developer interviews from Remedy.

I don’t really want to be that person, but I will be that person. /s

These kind of videos were very interesting at first (when the last of us and other games of that era showed the developing process). But nowadays they are meh, same and same again.

OP I don’t have anything with you or your post. Just wanted to say my opinion for these kind of videos.

marjo

It's amazing how closely the models for Alan and Saga resemble the actors portraying them. Sometimes, it's difficult to tell them apart.

Luipadre

AKA making of a masterpiece. Will watch after im done with the game. Currently almost 20 hours in and i still have like 8 chapter left

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
These kind of videos were very interesting at first (when the last of us and other games of that era showed the developing process). But nowadays they are meh, same and same again.

Interesting at first?

Mentions the Last of Us which launched in 2013?
Hahahaha lol.

I take it you are relatively young and understand why, these videos are still interesting for people who might have been like 5 or something when TLoU came out.
A making of TLoU would be seen as retro for a big portion of people interested in joining game development right now.
I think ive still got burned VCD/DVDs of making of Tony Hawk Pro Skater and SplinterCell, but I wouldnt really expect someone interested in joining gamedev now to watch those old video, but Alan Wake 2 is one of the most cutting edge games out right now, so a making of this game makes alot more sense.

Havent finished the game yet, so wont spoil anything for myself......but ill for sure give this one a go, or atleast their GDC talk.

Hudo

Huh. The girl they chose for Sega Anderson is really looking like her character. Good on Remedy to not tamper with the digital likenesses.

BootsLoader

Banned
Interesting at first?

Mentions the Last of Us which launched in 2013?
Hahahaha lol.

I take it you are relatively young and understand why, these videos are still interesting for people who might have been like 5 or something when TLoU came out.
A making of TLoU would be seen as retro for a big portion of people interested in joining game development right now.
I think ive still got burned VCD/DVDs of making of Tony Hawk Pro Skater and SplinterCell, but I wouldnt really expect someone interested in joining gamedev now to watch those old video, but Alan Wake 2 is one of the most cutting edge games out right now, so a making of this game makes alot more sense.

Havent finished the game yet, so wont spoil anything for myself......but ill for sure give this one a go, or atleast their GDC talk.
I did not say that Allan wake 2 is not beautiful or cutting edge. The process of making it isn’t.

Top Bottom