• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Making of Castlevania Symphony of the Night and Dracula X

This is both cool and sad at the same time. RIP Konami. I can't wait for Bloodstained 2.
I also really wish that the Ds games could be on switch as Ecclesia and Ruin were my favorites after Symphony. Ecclesia and Symphony are almost tied for Favorite.

data_jack

Great video! I really have a fondness for the music of SotN (you can find the Konami Team album on Spotify) and it was interesting to see Rika Muranaka team up with Cynthia Harold TWICE for vocals! You'll see both these womens' names again in the MGS Snake Eater theme.

It was great to see the process and methods of Ayami Kojima that heavily influenced the new art style of the game. I dislike how often they returned to the well of these gothic horror designs as it largely remained the unchanged tone of other Castlevania entries in the 2000s and has even bled over into Bloodstained. Visual identity is important for game series and if the Konami team was open to new ideas back then, they should've carried that mindset through 'til now.

Who knows, they might've even had more longevity to keep the franchise fresh as opposed to the stagnation and IP withholding company they've become.

-pepodmc

Neo Member
You should check "THE ESCO" SOTN HACKED youtube channel.

He is a guy that is making a remake of Sotn using Unity with new extended spritesheets, improved sprites, effect, new moves,etc.
He started making it like 10 years ago, still in development.

Last edited:

killatopak

You should check "THE ESCO" SOTN HACKED youtube channel.

He is a guy that is making a remake of Sotn using Unity with new extended spritesheets, improved sprites, effect, new moves,etc.
He started making it like 10 years ago, still in development.

What a boss. I wish him luck in his endeavor and I will surely play it once he is done making it.

10 years is a long time. This is love of the game fueling him and I applaud it.

Top Bottom