• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Massive 2003 Half Life 2 Leak Explained | MVG

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In 2003, the source code for Half Life 2 was leaked onto the internet. It was not long after that it was compiled and made available for anyone to play. It became known as the Half Life 2 Beta. Valve Corporation was unable to figure out who was responsible until one day in February 2004, the culprit confessed to President Gabe Newell. In this episode we take a look at the story of one of largest video game leaks of all time.

I remember an early screenshot in a magazine where it showed a blue tentacle monster, which was cut from the final game. A shame cause the game lacks enemy variety IMHO.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I remember an early screenshot in a magazine where it showed a blue tentacle monster, which was cut from the final game. A shame cause the game lacks enemy variety IMHO.

Although I love HL2 and would rank it as the best FPS I've ever played (including the fantastic Episode 2) I do agree that the enemy variety was lacking.

Top Bottom