• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"The" Miguel Cotto VS Saúl "Canelo" Álvarez. Puerto Rico VS México, Saturday 11/21/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how the judges are going to score this. Canelo landing the harder shots but only single punch's no combo's. Cotto the busier guy, am surprised hes not gassed, his movements been high throughout the whole fight.
Neither man troubled though

My take away as well.

i wouldn't be surprised with the judges.

I am an Alvarez fan, so happy in the end

The only round I had definitively for Cotto was the first. The rest could go either way and I had more of them for Canelo. He landed way more impact, effective punches. This isn't the kind of fight you can judge strictly on raw punch count.

PR_rambo

Banned
Really impressed by Canelo, he boxed well, utilized his physical advantages and did not even half to hurt Cotto to win this fight like everyone thought he had to.

I hope he fights Golovkin

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Yeah Canelo easily wins this. Damn that dude is such a bad ass fighter. Bring on the GGG fight! Much respect for Cotto too. What a chin that guy has wow.

smurfx

get some go again
i think canelo landed the power shots and won imo but its pretty close. it definitely isn't a blowout win. maybe a round or two win fight.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Canelo won, but he is certain to lose against GGG.

smurfx

get some go again
hmm don't think it was that much of a blowout win. guess the power shots impressed the judges much more than cotto's work rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom