• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mobile Suit Gundam Battlefield Record U.C. 0081 Official Thread

bigswords

Finally they made a Gundam game that has co-op and easy to use controls.

Anyone knows how the co-op works? Is it playing through the campaign or is it a grind a ton against bots?

bigswords said:
Finally they made a Gundam game that has co-op and easy to use controls.

Anyone knows how the co-op works? Is it playing through the campaign or is it a grind a ton against bots?

It's separate from the single player story mode.

hteng

Banned
man the game alone is quite expensive in my region (bout 75 USD) and you have to pay to buy DLCs... arg... and not to mention you'll need to buy japan point cards to buy those DLCs.

Cacophanus said:
Here's my review of the new Gundam Senki:

http://www.mechadamashii.com/?p=239

Enjoy! :D

Thanks for the review! I'll put a link to it in the OP.

hteng said:
man the game alone is quite expensive in my region (bout 75 USD) and you have to pay to buy DLCs... arg... and not to mention you'll need to buy japan point cards to buy those DLCs.

No different here in the US. The game cost me $83 and I had someone in Japan pick me up a 3000 yen PSN card for all the DLC that's coming out. o_O

Cacophanus

distantmantra said:
Thanks for the review! I'll put a link to it in the OP.

I've captured some nice HD footage of the game which I'll upload tomorrow (it's of the first mission you get to use the RX-81).

Man oh man is this game good (for a Gundam game). I'm just about finished with the Federation scenario mode storyline and I'm absolutely loving this game. Haven't even tried the multiplayer yet.

Astery

Played a few stages in Zeon's story mode, I'm pleasantly surprised with the sound and visual effects (from a Bandai Gundam game). Its kind of tough to win in some stages when you're not careful.. I hate Guntanks :|. I also can't help but found the level designs are very familiar to something I've played before, can't exactly tell which game other than the battle series.

As for multiplayer, you can play as a merc after clearing both of the story mode once. As a merc you have access to all sides missions and all different MS.:D

Astery said:
Played a few stages in Zeon's story mode, I'm pleasantly surprised with the sound and visual effects (from a Bandai Gundam game). Its kind of tough to win in some stages when you're not careful.. I hate Guntanks :|. I also can't help but found the level designs are very familiar to something I've played before, can't exactly tell which game other than the battle series.

It reminds me of Lost War Chronicles on the PS2, which shouldn't be surprising, seeing how they're both "Gundam Senki" titles.

MechaX

Cacophanus said:
Here's my review of the new Gundam Senki:

http://www.mechadamashii.com/?p=239

Enjoy! :D

As a prospective PS3 owner (maybe), I'm tempted. Although, every video I have seen concerning this came gives me a pretty bad vibe; while not as utterly atrocious as Crossfire, it still looks like a pretty ho-hum experience. And saying something like "It's good for a Gundam game" runs the fine line when considering the game is near $100 dollars. I'm torn.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
MechaX said:
As a prospective PS3 owner (maybe), I'm tempted. Although, every video I have seen concerning this came gives me a pretty bad vibe; while not as utterly atrocious as Crossfire, it still looks like a pretty ho-hum experience. And saying something like "It's good for a Gundam game" runs the fine line when considering the game is near $100 dollars. I'm torn.

You could always wait for the inevitable "Best" version at a budget price.

Cacophanus

MechaX said:

Well, have a gander at this then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7pA7CdvesM

The HD encode might take a while but it should kick in later today.

First wave of DLC is up on the Japanese Playstation Store.

FA-78-3 Full Armor Gundam ¥300
RX-81AS Assault Armor ¥300

Usable in free mode only (online and offline). The RX-81 AS costs 450,000 points to unlock and the FA RX-78-3 is 1,200,000 points ingame.

A bunch of new DLC mobile suits have been announced:

2419ezs.jpg
25ow9p1.jpg

bj5q53.jpg
2ppzlaa.jpg

RX-78GP01 Gundam 400円 October
RX-78GP02A Gundam 400円 October
RX-78GP01-Fb Gundam 400円 November
AGX-04 Gerbera Tetra 400円 October
RMS-099 Rick Dias 500円 October
RX-178 Gundam Mk. II 500円 November
RX-81AS Assault Armor (Assault Cannon) 300円 October
RX-81ST Standard Armor (Assault Cannon) 300円 October
RX-81LA Light Armor (Assault Cannon) 300円 November

I'm interested in everything other than the RX-81 Cannon variations. Time to get some more PSN weeaboo bucks!

Alright so I picked this up on an impulse buy. It isn't that bad really. A good mix of arcade and simulation. Controls first gave me the impression that it was a fast paced arcade game. However the damage you take if you aren't careful forces you to take a more tactical approach.

Environments look pretty bad sometimes, and the lack of destruction is sad. The models look good though and the action is pretty smooth most of time.

Some of the optional missions are atrocious though. I have ran into a few instances where I couldn't finish the mission because there were snipers I couldn't reach beyond the out of area line. I was using a close combat suit and I guess my AI were out of ammo or too stupid to listen to my orders.

I will probably sell it back later, but it is entertaining me at the moment.

Cacophanus

BudokaiMR2 said:
Alright so I picked this up on an impulse buy. It isn't that bad really. A good mix of arcade and simulation. Controls first gave me the impression that it was a fast paced arcade game. However the damage you take if you aren't careful forces you to take a more tactical approach.

Environments look pretty bad sometimes, and the lack of destruction is sad. The models look good though and the action is pretty smooth most of time.

Some of the optional missions are atrocious though. I have ran into a few instances where I couldn't finish the mission because there were snipers I couldn't reach beyond the out of area line. I was using a close combat suit and I guess my AI were out of ammo or too stupid to listen to my orders.

I will probably sell it back later, but it is entertaining me at the moment.

The sniper mission in the jungle is an issue for a melee focused suit but you can do it, as you can use your wingmen to take them out (make sure you have assigned the right team commands to them before you sortie). Separately, always keep re-supplying your units when you can. It makes a massive difference.

Cacophanus said:
The sniper mission in the jungle is an issue for a melee focused suit but you can do it, as you can use your wingmen to take them out (make sure you have assigned the right team commands to them before you sortie). Separately, always keep re-supplying your units when you can. It makes a massive difference.

Yeah in both instances the containers had been destroyed. And when I issued the orders to my team they just ran into the wall. Honestly I am probably just going to start skipping the optional missions. Hope I don't miss anything cool.

Cacophanus

BudokaiMR2 said:
Yeah in both instances the containers had been destroyed. And when I issued the orders to my team they just ran into the wall. Honestly I am probably just going to start skipping the optional missions. Hope I don't miss anything cool.

Yeah, most orders are literal so you have to pick them per mission. Guarding your supply depots is really important though, especially in multiplayer!

You should be fine on just the main campaign missions, the optional side missions are there to preface the freeplay/online co-op mode. As they use the same objectives.

In addition to the DLC mobile suits, some free DLC missions are on the way!

Federation DLC Missions
1) Chasing the Assault Team (Libia Desert)
A mission about chasing the Zeon forces that stole a new model Federation suit. GP-02 appears as an enemy. Due in October.

2) Delaz Fleet joins the war (Mass Driver Base)
A mission about engaging the Invisible Knights on the Moon. Delaz Fleet comes to their aid, it will be a fierce battle involving Gerbera Tetra and GP-02. Due in November.

Zeon DLC Missions.
1) Destroy the new model Federation MS (Augusta Base)
A mission about assaulting the Augusta Base and destroying suits such as FA-78-3 (FA version of RX-78-7) which is under development. Due in October.

2) HLV Destroy Mission (Kai)
A mission about stopping an HLV with FA-78-3 loaded from launching into space. Due in November.

DLC missions are force-specific unlike the DLC MS, but mercs will be able to play both. You still need to unlock the area in Free Mode to unlock the DLC missions.

New updates for 10/15:

Oct. 15 - 11am
Online Mode Update
- 4 second invincibilty + can't be locked on when you respawn in Vs / Battle Royal mode
- complete AP recovery after respawning in Vs / Battle Royal mode
- refueling stations are 8 times stronger in Vs / Battle Royal mode
- increased the number of playable rooms found in online search mode (won't include rooms that have invitations locked)

Oct. 15 - 12:30pm
RX-78GP01 - Test Unit 01 - 400 yen
RX-78GP02A - Test Unit 02 - 400 yen
RX-81AS - Assault Armor (Assault Cannon) - 300 yen

er1cputr4

Neo Member
hi, guys.
hope you don't mind, I join this thread.
yorosiku :D
just got this game for 2 days. so far, it's a great gundam game on ps3.
I'm playing story mode first, phantom side.
I have read all post in gamefaqs.
All i know is when upgarding pilot skill, it's important to up mobility (the last one or bottom one)
how about defense? any suggestion on how well upgrading defense might affect shielding?

for story mode:
I don't read japanese, so I don't understand most of team command.
6 from 8 default, I can guess, but there are two, L1+left and L1+down, what do they mean?
Could someone help me with the rest of commands listed that can be set in briefing mode? (intermission)

thank you a lot.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Is this game worth picking up at $30 or so? I've read a bit of the 0081 manga and it seems decent enough at least story-wise.

I really want a good Gundam game right now. I'd love to get Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2, but I'm too much of a cheap bastard to pick it up at a price above $30.

Bebpo

Banned
Kagari said:
Is this game worth picking up at $30 or so? I've read a bit of the 0081 manga and it seems decent enough at least story-wise.

Yes. It's a real good mix of arcade and sim squad management. Building up your teammate units and commanding them in battle is pretty deep and makes the game fairly strategic. Of course your direct control over your unit is fun and a major part of that strategy.

I haven't finished it, but I really enjoyed what I did play it. If you are in the Gundam mood, it's one of the best Gundam games to play.

Shinriji

I was checking the trophys of my friend that lives in Japan, and I saw that now all trophies for this game are translated. Is this new? I'm pretty sure that the list was in japanese before.

Top Bottom