• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mobile Suit Gundam Battlefield Record U.C. 0081 Official Thread

Shouta said:
Since there really isn't another thread for this, and you're probably the only other person interested, Distant, there's apparently a Gundam Vs Gundam Next private beta or something going on for the PS3. Some screenshots are being passed around for it. If true, wooo, GvGN over PSN ftw.
OMFG... gotta find a way to get in...

Shouta

fallagin said:
I loved federation vs zeon. I hope they have a campaign similar to that one. I didn't like the campaign in gundam vs zeta gundam. Or will there be a campaign at all?

I have been wanting something like this for current gen consoles. A graphical upgrade and online support would make the series even better on consoles.

There wouldn't be a campaign mode because there really isn't a story for Gundam vs Gundam. It's mostly routes for arcade mode with a variety of different levels, bosses, and the like. For example, fighting Meteor Strike Freedom is pretty awesome. :lol

Seeing how there is a beta that can be seen by people (if it's real) maybe something will be in tonight's Famitsu leak (if it's real).

xemumanic

distantmantra said:
Seriously? Where can one find said screenshots? I take it they're not scans so it's GAF appropriate?

gvsgnps3beta.jpg

OMFG, you're making dreams come true with that screen shot.
If true, its a first-day import for me.

xero273

Zapages said:
Bandai please port Gundam vs Gundam Next to the USA!!! Please Bandai!!! I will buy it day one!!

Unless the game is gundam dynasty warriors, I don't see namco porting GvGN to the US.

Sage00 said:
Does Gundam vs Gundam play anything like Virtual On? If so I'm in!

I guess GvG is kind of like Virtual On. I think Virtual On is faster though. Basically, GvG is 2 vs 2. You have your melee attacks and beam rifle attacks. I think watching video is easier to explain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhhR37PV8uM&feature=related

Zapages

xero273 said:
Unless the game is gundam dynasty warriors, I don't see namco porting GvGN to the US.

All of the other Gundam vs games got released here though... Let's hope they do release it here.

Zapages said:
All of the other Gundam vs games got released here though... Let's hope they do release it here.

As donkey show noted, we haven't received a Gundam vs. game in North American in a long long time. Both SEED Vs. (Arcade/PS2/PSP) titles and Gundam vs. Gundam (Arcade/PSP) are Japan only.

I think Bandai has given up on making Gundam a big name outside Asia.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
distantmantra said:
As donkey show noted, we haven't received a Gundam vs. game in North American in a long long time. Both SEED Vs. (Arcade/PS2/PSP) titles and Gundam vs. Gundam (Arcade/PSP) are Japan only.

I think Bandai has given up on making Gundam a big name outside Asia.

This is true, especially considering they never finished bringing over the rest of the TV series either :/

xero273

Kagari said:
This is true, especially considering they never finished bringing over the rest of the TV series either :/

Which TV series? You mean 00? I know they bought over the first season not sure about the second.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
xero273 said:
Which TV series? You mean 00? I know they bought over the first season not sure about the second.

NA never saw ZZ, Turn-A, X. No Z movie either. And Bandai really did a botch job on Zeta Gundam.

Shouta

xero273 said:
I guess GvG is kind of like Virtual On. I think Virtual On is faster though. Basically, GvG is 2 vs 2. You have your melee attacks and beam rifle attacks. I think watching video is easier to explain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhhR37PV8uM&feature=related

Gundam vs Gundam Next is like several times faster than Virtual On unless you're trying to control the pace.

GvGN is kind of similar to VO but a lot more easy to play because the game is set up so you play with a standard joystick (or pad) rather than a Twinstick setup. I consider GvGN better than any VO installment I`ve played personally.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Shouta said:
Gundam vs Gundam Next is like several times faster than Virtual On unless you're trying to control the pace.

GvGN is kind of similar to VO but a lot more easy to play because the game is set up so you play with a standard joystick (or pad) rather than a Twinstick setup. I consider GvGN better than any VO installment I`ve played personally.
Sweet!

Edit: How does it compare to previous GvG games in your opinion, Shouta? Have you played the PSP version?

xero273

Kagari said:
NA never saw ZZ, Turn-A, X. No Z movie either. And Bandai really did a botch job on Zeta Gundam.

ah you mean that. Like mentioned above, at least we are getting unicorn.

Bebpo

Banned
I would be REALLY reaaaaaally happy with GvG Next either disc-based or PSN

The problem is that these games suck 1p since they are just vs. fighters and so if you don't live in Japan with an active arcade you are screwed. This would bring the awesome home to everyone.

Plus Next has a lot of cool units :O

xero273 said:
ah you mean that. Like mentioned above, at least we are getting unicorn.

I'm very skeptical as to how Unicorn will be released in North America. I'm really afraid it will be online only with no Blu-ray/DVD release.

Astery

distantmantra said:
I'm very skeptical as to how Unicorn will be released in North America. I'm really afraid it will be online only with no Blu-ray/DVD release.

I dunno, in fact it sounds like it's gonna get a Blu-ray/ DVD release only, even in Japan the last time I heard. (OVA 6 * 50 mins if I remembered it right.)

Shouta

Sage00 said:
Sweet!

Edit: How does it compare to previous GvG games in your opinion, Shouta? Have you played the PSP version?

10x better than any Gundam VS. game to date. The introduction of the Next Dash as a gameplay system really turned the game upside down. Now pretty much every unit in the game is playable depending on your skill level and pretty much all of them are competitive to solid degree. The original GVG was a lot more rigid in competitive play because of movement.

Astery said:
I dunno, in fact it sounds like it's gonna get a Blu-ray/ DVD release only, even in Japan the last time I heard. (OVA 6 * 50 mins if I remembered it right.)

Of course it will get released in Japan on Blu-ray and DVD. Japan is Gundam land.

Nothing Bandai (USA) does anymore surprises me, even going back on their word with Gundam in North America. It's tough being a Western Gundam fan, we all suffer from battered housewife syndrome.

CloudV

I'm playing through this, and enjoying it for the most part.
I've only played Musou and the versus games, but it feels like to me that they pulled out elements of each with this.

Pros - I like the customization, and that you really have to think about your style and what load out you want to take, while also taking command of your squadmates. I like the graphics overall, and to me I feel like I'm in the middle of the action, once you get out of the deserty stages, I really liked the Englad base stage, and the forest stage in Indonasia (I'm about 6 or 7 missions in), and I like the quality of the details on the mobile suits. Sound effects are good too. The animation is more comic book panels than actual animation, which is eh, but I like the presentation and the other cg effects.

Cons - If you come in expecting arcadey action like the versus/musou series than you're going to get your ass handed too you it seems. There's much more emphasis on strategy and what your loadout is, along with your squadmates. I've never been much for micromanagement, so I tend to pimp out my mobile suit and leave the rest to their own. This has started to lead to my teammates getting knocked out of the action faster which means less support. Can't go in on basic loadouts, basically. Other than that loading tends to be a bit longer than expected, and that with installing to the HD.

I've only done a few co-op missions online, JP players seem to be all about playing on Hell setting to get points. Need to try the battle royale mode as that looks to be the watered down version of a Vs. game mixed with Senjo no Kizuna elements.

Oh, jgaffer and can only play late nights or weekends, but hit me up if you want, psn is cloudv.

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
distantmantra said:
Nothing Bandai (USA) does anymore surprises me, even going back on their word with Gundam in North America. It's tough being a Western Gundam fan, we all suffer from battered housewife syndrome.

I agree. Truth be told though, I think trying to follow Gundam Wing with the original Gundam is what killed it over here.
Not trying to call 0079 bad, but it's a completely different style of series compared to how Wing was received over here. X or G would have made far better direct successors to it.

Anyways, back on track. Are there any other regular-ish Gundam games that have come out here (NA) in recent years? The last one I bought was Gundam Seed - Never Ending Tommorow (PS2).
I own both Dynasty Warrior Gundam games on 360, but I prefer the first overall.

Kai Ozu

Just ordered this damn game, the prices for Gundam games kill me a little inside every time I buy one.

And gundam Next coming to ps3 is the best thing ever. I hope it's a japanese psn title.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Zapages said:
Bandai please port Gundam vs Gundam Next to the USA!!! Please Bandai!!! I will buy it day one!!
Meh, not like there will be much of a language barrier with the game, if it dosen't come to the US. You can just import the JP version.:D

vanguardian1 said:
Anyways, back on track. Are there any other regular-ish Gundam games that have come out here (NA) in recent years? The last one I bought was Gundam Seed - Never Ending Tommorow (PS2).
I own both Dynasty Warrior Gundam games on 360, but I prefer the first overall.

I think Never Ending Tomorrow was the last NA Gundam title prior to Dynasty Warriors Gundam being released.

Kai Ozu said:
And gundam Next coming to ps3 is the best thing ever. I hope it's a japanese psn title.

I'd rather it be a disc based game. I'd prefer not having to order another JP PSN card to buy it.

zoku88

Kagari said:
I don't think no ZZ or Z Gundam movies is necessarily a bad thing >.>

Drame

I'd say that, there is a good change for GvGN being released on both PSN and Blu-Ray.

If it ends up being a download only title, that's ok too. Although, I would prefer Blu-Ray version for local play.

Oh god, when when when? I've been watching GvG Next vids to get me hyped. So much faster than before!

I think this deserves its own thread now. Don't wanna keep hijacking the Senki thread with this awesome news.

Fucking hell, I've played the first two stages without realizing circle was fucking "lock-on." :lol

At least my manual aiming is a lot better now, but damn is this game much easier, lol.

donkey show said:
Fucking hell, I've played the first two stages without realizing circle was fucking "lock-on." :lol

At least my manual aiming is a lot better now, but damn is this game much easier, lol.

A lot of people didn't clue in on the lock on button based on some early impression threads at GameFAQs. Didn't that seem that hard to figure out. :lol

I'm at Belfast now, just got the Aqua GM.
Mission three against the Ifreet was a pain in the ass!

distantmantra said:
A lot of people didn't clue in on the lock on button based on some early impression threads at GameFAQs. Didn't that seem that hard to figure out. :lol

I'm at Belfast now, just got the Aqua GM.
Mission three against the Ifreet was a pain in the ass!
Eh, I just jumped straight in and didn't realize it. I was too busy getting my wife to translate the options so I could figure out how to invert the Y-axis. After watching the trailer again, I thought to myself... "fuck man these guys are good at targeting, wait a sec..." :lol

I think I'm gonna switch over to the Invisible Knights for a bit. I just finished the Odessa mission on the Phantom Sweep, but I'm itching to jump into a Zaku or Dom. Plus the Efreet looks fucking boss. Sieg Zeon!!!

If the game could hold up it's framerate and not use animations from the PS2 era, I really would be getting much more of a kick from this game. It's really enjoyable as a Gundam fan, but I don't think people should import this on a whim. Both Ace Pilot on the GC and the Wii Gundam game do better in combat, plus it was waaaaaay faster than this game. But, I'm sure I'll love Senki more and more as I continue to play it though.

Really don't need translations to play the Versus games, it's no big deal if they are not brought over. Imported the last couple that didn't get NA releases and enjoyed them just fine.

Kagari said:

Bandai's handling of Zeta has little to do with how it sold. Old school mecha shows just don't sell and only Wing and SEED made them any money. They put out a quite a big of Gundam here but it just didn't sell.

We are getting from now on from Bandai nothing but new released Gundam as old anime just has died off in general unless its from a highly established long time series like Dragonball/Robotech, etc. The new material does ok, so we will Get 00, S2, likely the movie, and any future new Gundam series.

donkey show said:
Eh, I just jumped straight in and didn't realize it. I was too busy getting my wife to translate the options so I could figure out how to invert the Y-axis. After watching the trailer again, I thought to myself... "fuck man these guys are good at targeting, wait a sec..." :lol

I read game manuals while sitting on the toilet ( :lol ), so I used my Japanese reading skills to actually figure out the buttons before jumping in head first.

BattleMonkey said:
We are getting from now on from Bandai nothing but new released Gundam as old anime just has died off in general unless its from a highly established long time series like Dragonball/Robotech, etc. The new material does ok, so we will Get 00, S2, likely the movie, and any future new Gundam series.

Then why aren't we getting Stargazer?

And I'm still boycotting OO until a Blu-ray version is released here.

Top Bottom