• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the next Xbox is planned to be released in late 2026.

imo everything at the moment points to a Microsoft Machine, Microsoft outsources to companies like Digital Storm and only the Microsoft Machine made by Microsoft would be called Xbox Edition, this would be the most powerful using some Nvidia RTX.

Last edited:
So I guess it's most powerful for contractual reasons?
Think of it as just a chain link like a Nintendo Switch, see we call 'hybrid' something that in practice is the materialization of the death of traditional Nintendo consoles. Microsoft wants to do the same by merging xbox with PC, having the most powerful Microsoft Machine as a reference just so that people change the name PC Gaming to Microsoft Gaming, everything will be exactly as it is today only this name (PC Gaming) tends to be changed killing xbox in the process.

This is just an opinion based on all these rumors, this is a possible conclusion.

Last edited:

squarealex

GFSLDq4XgAA3IR-.png

This leak is one of the best leaks of all time as far as I'm concerned. It's all coming true.

The most WTF part is when he say "Kojima is finally making a movie".
When I read that, i'm saying.. "yeah, obviously, this list is bullshit, never gonna happen fools"

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Let's say it's 1K for a Nextbox, that's unlikely to be upgradeable, and MS may also want Nextbox owners to pay for internet access the way console types do.

I cannot imagine choosing this over a PC, but let's wait and see. Maybe I'll change my mind when I see it.

avin
Without a doubt we are in an era where the best place to play is on PC, I am in no way arguing against that

Just having talked to some of my Xbox only gamer friends and some will still buy that higher end Xbox/PC and wont switch to full on PC gaming

I have seen a few people here say the same thing

Some may not understand but I guess they don’t have to

It is what it is

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Last edited:

ZehDon

I'm curious to see how Microsoft's "all in" on AI shakes out in their next gaming machines. When Microsoft went heavy on the subscription models, they created Game Pass. That's been a wild ride. NVidia's DLSS has well and truly proven itself, but I'm curious if Microsoft's flirting with their own chips has etched out some other interesting uses for AI in addition to image reconstruction. Could be interesting, or maybe I'm just nostalgic for the days when consoles weren't merely recombinations of identical parts in different coloured boxes.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I'm curious to see how Microsoft's "all in" on AI shakes out in their next gaming machines. When Microsoft went heavy on the subscription models, they created Game Pass. That's been a wild ride. NVidia's DLSS has well and truly proven itself, but I'm curious if Microsoft's flirting with their own chips has etched out some other interesting uses for AI in addition to image reconstruction. Could be interesting, or maybe I'm just nostalgic for the days when consoles weren't merely recombinations of identical parts in different coloured boxes.

Well there is some interesting stuff floating around about ai rendering a scene as you would see it in real time, creating huge savings on gpu and drawing the scene more realistically overall. But the question is, how far are from ai being able to do this 60 times in one second?

ZehDon

Well there is some interesting stuff floating around about ai rendering a scene as you would see it in real time, creating huge savings on gpu and drawing the scene more realistically overall. But the question is, how far are from ai being able to do this 60 times in one second?
Microsoft's designs would largely be cemented at this point. If it's still theoretical, it's not in their console.

What I imagine we'll see is a dedicated NPU, open for developers to utilise, but with baked in options as part of the SDK. Xbox's own image reconstruction, for example. However, I imagine things like AI-powered culling determination, path finding, or asset decompression could also be provided. Those types of advances would give you their "biggest leap ever" because they allow hardware to punch well over its on-paper specs. If you can't squeeze more transistors into the box, then you have to find a way to let the transistors you have be more efficient. Using AI to short-cut taxing aspects of a game loop frees time for more CPU and/or GPU work per frame.

Top Bottom