• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Nintendo Switch 2 is supposed to launch in September 2024

LakeOf9

For the last several months, it has been heavily rumored that Nintendo is working on a new Switch model. And it appears we might not have to wait much longer as it is apparently releasing this September...according to Ai Shark (formerly known as GameShark).

Announced in a press release, Ai Shark revealed that it was reviving the GameShark brand and that it was re-launching in September 2024. The release window, according to the company "is planned to coincide with the Nintendo Switch 2 in September 2024."

For those curious

tkscz

Well that was their normal release season so I could believe it but on the subject of release date, I'll wait for a Nintendo Direct.

ManaByte

Gold Member

Announced in a press release, Ai Shark revealed that it was reviving the GameShark brand and that it was re-launching in September 2024. The release window, according to the company, "is planned to coincide with the Nintendo Switch 2."

Either they're guessing, or they know when it's coming.

Bernoulli

M2 slut
Nah, dude. You gotta be real here.
fWybveN.jpg

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

Mowcno

Would be nice if it did come in September... we'll have a lot better idea after the Fiscal Year is over.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
That is probably the right time frame, but I don't know if anyone really knows. I am sure they are in manufacturing now.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
First step: wave of rumors
Second step: Nintendo teases the announcement with a date or something
Third step: the console reveal
Fourth step: launch period and way more tech stuff revealed

Last edited:

Jayjayhd34

Why would they even have the info in the first place though? And if they had it why go public and even double down before backtracking? 🤔

No, but it's bizarre how they're handling the whole thing.

Spit Take Lol GIF by Justin

Article has been updated the basic conclusion is that it's guesswork based on industry analysts.

I think if we did a poll on this I ghink the majority agree with septembet fall so yeah pretty easy conclusion to come too.

This is probably just guess work, because in the past with new console launches, accessories tend to ship before the launch, at least with third-parties this isn't super uncommon. I remember specifically back before Wii launched, Madcatz basically had similar type of information, and the Wii ended up launching November 2006 in the US.

But I think basically everyone assumes the Switch 2 could come anytime in 2nd half, and September is just as good a guess as October is. But I'd guess an October launch if it's planned for fall. It really just depends on if they need to wait for their big flagship launch game to be finished, or if the the game(s) is already done and they could launch any time, and they are just waiting on timing the hardware perfectly so they have enough inventory for the holiday season.

Last edited:
Seems legit

Fall ‘24 was honestly my guess
Yeah, I mean at this point honestly it's just process of elimination. Nintendo literally hasn't given up anything about it yet of course, but if we accept the premise that it launches by end of December 2024, it has to launch the week before Thanksgiving in the US. And it's too late to reveal it to us and launch it by Spring. And that wouldn't line up with what we've heard about dev kits going out to partners, anyway, it would be way too soon. And it makes no sense to launch hardware in the summer, which is traditionally a slow season for video game sales due to people being outdoors. So it's like, I think the window really is September-November, and going with the Nintendo of the last 7 years I think they probably don't need to wait til November because they'll have the launch games ready and the hardware ready before that, so it's really like the sweet spot that makes the most sense seems to be either September or October.

Last edited:
Top Bottom