• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (4) Thread

AniHawk

XiaNaphryz said:

HOLY SHIT! :lol

Wait, why did Shadi try framing Phoenix as a cheat in the first case again?

And about "Turnabout Taboo," that's exactly the problem I see with holding off telling them they're siblings.
Jazzy Network said:
Just beat the game. Last case was meh. The previous 3 games definitely had better final cases than AJ.

Also wondering
anything big happen at the end if you pick guilty instead of not guilty?

If you choose guilty, there's a hung jury and Vera dies in the hospital.

No joke.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
AniHawk said:
HOLY SHIT! :lol

Wait, why did Shadi try framing Phoenix as a cheat in the first case again?
I don't think there's been an explicit explanation, just a bunch of theories thrown around.

Redd

XiaNaphryz said:
I don't think there's been an explicit explanation, just a bunch of theories thrown around.

I thought it was because
he was very competitive and that beating the undefeated Phoenix Wright in poker would be his final great act before he goes back into hiding forever.

Wizpig

zoku88 said:
I thought that one was the funniest, too. :lol :lol I love Gavin's expression.
I basically died of laughter at "Well, sure! I can go out for Ice Cream... But You aren't coming!" :lol

What a jerk.

See?
THESE are the "fan things" i like to see!
Fun things.
Not fucking fangirls fanfictions or shit like that, man, fuck that.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
ladders.png

I loved that part. Like Father, like daughter? :lol

AniHawk said:
If you choose guilty, there's a hung jury and Vera dies in the hospital.

No joke.

D:

So no Vera in the sequel?

zoku88

grandjedi6 said:
D:

So no Vera in the sequel?
I wouldn't worry.
I'm sure she'll be in T_T I bet that ending doesn't count for canon. That would be so dumb XD

Wizpig said:
Dude,
that's a fake ending:lol
That ending doesn't even have credits.
It's Game Over after you see that.
Game Over? :lol :lol How much would it suck after playing through all of the case, you accidentally click that option?

Wizpig

Yeah,
two games in the Ace Attorney series got "multiple endings" but in both games one of those endings is FAKE.
And after you see it, it's Game Over.
Just one ending is canon for every game, obviously.

grandjedi6

Wizpig said:
Yeah,
two games in the Ace Attorney series got "multiple endings" but in both games one of those endings is FAKE.
And after you see it, it's Game Over.
Just one ending is canon for every game, obviously.

What was the other one? I forget

zoku88

Wizpig said:
Ace Attorney Phoenix Wright: Justice for All.
Wait, there was a false ending for that?
Is that when you say your client is innocent? I assumed the same events would happen either way.

Wizpig

zoku88 said:
Wait, there was a false ending for that?
Is that when you say your client is innocent? I assumed the same events would happen either way.
I forgot the exact moment,
but basically Maya dies because Phoenix can't manage to rescue her from the kidnapper.
The game ends with a sentence like "There's no hope", or something like that...

Wizpig

I checked and you are right zoku,
it doesn't matter if you choose Guilty or Innocent.
Guess the fake ending was before or after that.
"If Phoenix picks Guilty, he'll admit he can't fully defend a guilty client and give Matt up. If he picks Innocent, Matt will break down and confess (being in prison is better than being killed by a hit man). Either way Maya is returned safely, and everyone has a tearful reunion."

grandjedi6

Wizpig said:
I checked and you are right zoku,
it doesn't matter if you choose Guilty or Innocent.
Guess the fake ending was before or after that.
"If Phoenix picks Guilty, he'll admit he can't fully defend a guilty client and give Matt up. If he picks Innocent, Matt will break down and confess (being in prison is better than being killed by a hit man). Either way Maya is returned safely, and everyone has a tearful reunion."

Oh I remember the 2nd ending of that game

If you lost the case after Matt's reveal, Maya wouldn't come back. It was basically an extended game over, more so than a 2nd ending

Wizpig

Eh, found it.
SPOILERS for "Justice for All" Case 4.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
BAD ENDING REQUIRMENTS [ PW29BE ]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Judge will ask you two questions:

1. Who would you like to show these evidence to?
2. Which piece of evidence would you like to show to this person?

Screw them up as much as you can - as long as you don't present de
Killer's profile for the first question, you will get the bad ending.

In this ending, you ran away from the court. You never saw Maya again,
and Andrews was found guilty. A miracle didn't happen, because it
simply doesn't exist.

The end.

Wizpig

grandjedi6 said:
Oh I remember the 2nd ending of that game

If you lost the case after Matt's reveal, Maya wouldn't come back. It was basically an extended game over, more so than a 2nd ending
Exactly, and i like it that way.

REAL multiple endings would screw up the series.

Man I thoguht Klavier was gonna be a douche, but he turned out to be my fav prosecutor outside Miles. I still think the 1st and 3rd game were the best by far. Can't really put my finger on them.

very strange
Case 2, the students testimony. He says the wocky throw away the pistol. So I present the Pistol @ that statement, penalty.
I tried every other possibility, no way. So I asked Gamefaqs and it says exactly the same, so I try it again and it works.

:(

zoku88

Caesar III said:
very strange
Case 2, the students testimony. He says the wocky throw away the pistol. So I present the Pistol @ that statement, penalty.
I tried every other possibility, no way. So I asked Gamefaqs and it says exactly the same, so I try it again and it works.

:(
I've actually made the same mistake as you when doing spoiler tags before :lol

webrunner

I just finished Case 2..
I searched to find out about this and found that people had trouble with the gun issue:
Wocky thought he shot because he didn't remember properly- the whole night's kind of a haze, he mentions at one point.. he thought he still had the gun, so what he thought happened was after he sort of 'blacked out' that he took out the gun and shot... he wasn't actually pointing a gun at the doctor (after all, Plum said he sucks with guns, and he loves his trusty knife..)

Now here's my question: Why isn't Wocky in trouble anyway? He threatened the victim with a knife... That someone else got to him first just means he should be guilty of attempted murder.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Jazzy Network said:
Man I thoguht Klavier was gonna be a douche, but he turned out to be my fav prosecutor outside Miles. I still think the 1st and 3rd game were the best by far. Can't really put my finger on them.

Here is my guess, both the first game and the third game had a sense of cohesion, while the 2nd one felt more episodic.

The first game tied the Second Case and the Fourth Case together, while using case 2-5 to develop Miles Edgeworth.

The third game tied case 1 with case 4 and case 5, along with tying the loose ends from the first two games.

------

My problem with Ace Attorney 4 is that there is cohesion, but is no satisfaction at all the loose ends that was never developed. You spend a huge majority of the case doing research, and the final court battle wasn't even that intense. In fact, the final case leaves more questions than answers.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
webrunner said:
Now here's my question: Why isn't Wocky in trouble anyway? He threatened the victim with a knife... That someone else got to him first just means he should be guilty of attempted murder.
Maybe being the son of an influent mafia boss helped in "clearing up" that with the police.

webrunner said:

What proof does the court have of this occurring? All the court knows is that Wocky met Dr. 'Malpractice' in the park, and that Alita shot him there.

grandjedi6

webrunner said:
I just finished Case 2..
I searched to find out about this and found that people had trouble with the gun issue:
Wocky thought he shot because he didn't remember properly- the whole night's kind of a haze, he mentions at one point.. he thought he still had the gun, so what he thought happened was after he sort of 'blacked out' that he took out the gun and shot... he wasn't actually pointing a gun at the doctor (after all, Plum said he sucks with guns, and he loves his trusty knife..)

Different crimes, different trials. They weren't there to discussion anything else, only that one murder charge

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Pureauthor said:
What proof does the court have of this occurring? All the court knows is that Wocky met Dr. 'Malpractice' in the park, and that Alita shot him there.
Well, for all it's worth, Stickler still witnessed the situation where Wocky had the knife pointed at Meraktis.

webrunner

grandjedi6 said:
Different crimes, different trials. They weren't there to discussion anything else, only that one murder charge

Still..
In T&T They made it clear that Isis was going to be put on trial as an accessory, but in this game they act like Wocky got off totally free forever. I would have expected someone to say "unfortunately..." at some point.

Pureauthor said:

the Attempted-Murder-Weapon was found at the crime scene with his finger prints on it, footprint analysis shows he was there, he was witnessed threatening the victim, he had the motive, and he was quite clear in his own testimony that he went to give him a 'taste of his own medicine'.

grandjedi6

webrunner said:
Still..
In T&T They made it clear that Isis was going to be put on trial as an accessory, but in this game they act like Wocky got off totally free forever. I would have expected someone to say "unfortunately..." at some point.

Well he did have a good reason to be angry, and there is no proof he did anything besides threaten him. Plus they did say "unfortunately", just it was about his health, not the crime.

webrunner

grandjedi6 said:
Well he did have a good reason to be angry, and there is no proof he did anything besides threaten him. Plus they did say "unfortunately", just it was about his health, not the crime.

Threatening to murder is still illegal. And it's probably still 'assault with a deadly weapon' since he had the weapon out, brandished at the victim. Whether it was 'attempted murder' really is up to the courts to decide. I'm just saying it's surprising nobody seems to have mentioned that logically, Wocky should be going right back into that courtroom.

Although, I guess it could be double jeopardy.. he was hauled in for what he did already, they just were wrong on what it was.

The Hermit

Something that impressed me about this tittle is the quality of the soundtrack.
This is the first time they used the DS full power, since the older ones were ports, except PW1 that was more of a remake.

Ramiroir, the painters ,Kritoph and the investigation (wow) are the best themes of the series.

Also I love how Trucy had the upper hand over Apollo sometimes. She is a worthy sidekick, instead of Maya´s dumbness...

Redd

My biggest gripe with Ace Attorney 4 was the
new Perceive ability. I've never had to use Walkthroughs so many times like I had to use in AA4. Seriously you get this little circle that you have to move constantly hoping you see something that's a little off. It gets even harder because it only happens at a certain word and they talk slow as hell. It was a GODSEND when I got to use the Magatama again with Phoenix in case 4. Seriously I hope they fix the Perceive ability in Ace Attorney 5 because I doubt I'll have the patience to do all that watching for unusual movements again.

The Hermit

Redd said:
My biggest gripe with Ace Attorney 4 was the
new Perceive ability. I've never had to use Walkthroughs so many times like I had to use in AA4. Seriously you get this little circle that you have to move constantly hoping you see something that's a little off. It gets even harder because it only happens at a certain word and they talk slow as hell. It was a GODSEND when I got to use the Magatama again with Phoenix in case 4. Seriously I hope they fix the Perceive ability in Ace Attorney 5 because I doubt I'll have the patience to do all that watching for unusual movements again.

Well you´re the first one so far.
The psylock fell random sometimes, while this , if you know when to use it, is quite simple and fun.

zoku88

Baiano19 said:
The psylock fell random sometimes, while this , if you know when to use it, is quite simple and fun.
No, I agree. The perceive thing was annoying (and was complained about earlier in this thread.)

NZNova

Baiano19 said:

I liked the perceive system a lot. And I liked the magatama too. I guess I'm just easy to please :D

webrunner

I just finished:

Overall:
I have to say, it's interesting how pretty much everybody in the damn game except the Judge and Klavier are guilty of something. Every defendant (yes, even Phoenix, he knowingly provided fake stuff to Apollo in 1) actually did commit a crime.

Case 3:
So, Herr Prosecutor, the current theory is that this giant handcannon of a weapon that can break the arm of an untrained shooter was used by a fragile 14 year old boy? Sounds good to me!

How did the switch get made? Lamiroir WAS on stage, during her performance, then somehow a switch was made just before the stage went up while everyone was watching her.

Case 4:
MASON was what the jurists saw, right? Phoenix actually showed them the Magatama/psych lock thing? That's actually admissible evidence now?

Do you think Trucy will license some stuff to and work with Varant?

webrunner said:
Case 4:
MASON was what the jurists saw, right? Phoenix actually showed them the Magatama/psych lock thing? That's actually admissible evidence now?

The MASON system is a complete disaster in execution, anyway. What's one more tiny niggling plot detail.

Firestorm

HOLY CRAP THIS GAME WAS AMAZING

End Game Spoilers:
Cast was great. Gavin's up there with Godot as my second favourite prosecutor. The last thing with the switching between Wright in the past and future was amazing. Actually, the last case had the best "investigation" hands-down

My issues were:
- no awesome art unlocked for finishing a case
- perception sucks. uuggghhhh

Redd

Firestorm said:
HOLY CRAP THIS GAME WAS AMAZING

End Game Spoilers:
Cast was great. Gavin's up there with Godot as my second favourite prosecutor. The last thing with the switching between Wright in the past and future was amazing. Actually, the last case had the best "investigation" hands-down

My issues were:
- perception sucks. uuggghhhh

Man if they could just have a bigger circle I would love perception. I struggled so much the last couple cases because of it.
I love Apollo Trucy combo, here I thought I'd hate not having the Phoenix Maya/Pearl combo but their chemistry works.
I'm really looking forward to Ace Attorney 5

grandjedi6

Firestorm said:

That was so annoying. I wish they would go back to what they did in the original

oh and you finally saw the avatar!

Top Bottom