• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 vs The Last of Us Part II graphics (Location spoilers!)

Which game has better visuals? (Not better technically, only visuals!)

• Total voters

GymWolf

Sorry but i have to disagree with you

Thats like sayin Bethesda should give TES to CDProjectRed because F76 sucks

Everyone has their own ingredients to be sucesfull

Just because the other dev can be sucesfull with their own original ip it doesnt mean they are capable to do somehing theyre not supposed to do
i mean you can maybe be right, but why risking?

you know how much time and money this triple a games require nowadays, do you really wanna waste 4-5 years for an IP that you love just to discover if they can improve greatly?
it sound cynical but it's where i stand, especially because i didn't like it the order as much as you.

it is the same for bend and days gone except days gone is a far better game than the order even with his shortcomings so people are curious to see what bend can do.

Reallink

LoU2 is not a visual benchmark. GoW, Uncharted 4/4.5, RDR2, FF7R, and a few other titles definitely surpass it quite handily in pure visuals. The Order is damn near a lunch window game with horribly outdated tech by today's standards, but still manages to outshine it.

Last edited:
Both Last of Us games were downgraded... The Order was not, and it's even arguably less linear and still has more detail than Part 2.

The Last of Us 2 just takes it for me. Very similar art style, similar type of graphics, but i think LAO2 looks just a shade more detailed. And The Order has those awful borders that i hate. They really should of given you the option to remove them if you wanted, although that probably would of effected framerate.
They don't have similar art styles at all. The Order's lighting is absolutely insane.

you know how they can improve? give the ip to santa monica or some othe more competent devs from sony portfolio.

uncharted 1 and ac1 in their time period were both far better games than the order.

They're a competent studio, though. Why not just have a more "gamey" mentality and not make it so cinematic? I'd rather play The Order anyway.

Last edited:

GymWolf

That's very unfair. I understand that it's objectively not that good, but there was nothing in it that they couldn't improve themselves. The gunplay was very solid for example. They deserve another chance. Also don't forget their previous games. Both PSP GoWs are considered very good games.
like i said i think it's a matter of how much you enjoyed the first game.

for me the only good things were the graphics (not entirely because of all the sacrifices to get that quality), the atmosphere in some areas and the gunplay that was pretty good (mostly talking about hit reaction and dead animations, the encounters design\level of challenge\variety\etc. were trash).

the story was forgettable, with some plot holes and characters less deep than a puddle, also really 3-4 hours of real gameplay with maybe 2h of shooting.

Airbus Jr

Banned
i mean you can maybe be right, but why risking?

you know how much time and money this triple a games require nowadays, do you really wanna waste 4-5 years for an IP that you love just to discover if they can improve greatly?
it sound cynical but it's where i stand, especially because i didn't like it the order as much as you.

it is the same for bend and days gone except days gone is a far better game than the order even with his shortcomings so people are curious to see what bend can do.

I mean i wouldnt risking out people such as in santa monica to overtake this ip....

First..in order to do what you want them to do....they have to split their own resources...people...team talent..money...to handle two separate ip ( their original god of war game and their brand new order game..which is an unknown quantity for them)

This might lead to 2 dissapointing end product ( both next gow and and order game failed because the first game they re not 100% focused and second game its not something they really mastered to work on in the first place)

This will lead to a tarnished damaged reputation

What followed next is the studio will get terible score and reviews... bullied by gamers...and worst is shut down as the consequence of their failure..

Last edited:

GymWolf

I mean i wouldnt risking out people such as i santa monica to overtake this game..

First..they have to split their own resources...people...team talent.to handle two separate ip ( their original god of war game and their brand new order game..whih is an unknown quantity for them)

This might lead to 2 dissapointing end product ( both next gow gamd and order game failed because the first game they re not 100% focused and second game its not something they really mastered to work on in the first place)

This will lead to a tarmished damaged reputation

What followed next is the studio will be bullied by gamers...amd shut down as the consecuence of their failure..
i mean we are talking theoretically here, i was just naming someone with better devs skill, i was not exactly pointing out towards santa monica for a sequel, and listen to me, if you are a fan of the ip you don't care if another ip get delayed to make space to the order 2, you are just happy about it without asking many questions.

egoistically speaking i would love for the entire guerrilla studios to work on horizon 2 instead of being spreaded for that mysterious multyplayer project...

Last edited:

GymWolf

Both Last of Us games were downgraded... The Order was not, and it's even arguably less linear and still has more detail than Part 2.

They don't have similar art styles at all. The Order's lighting is absolutely insane.

They're a competent studio, though. Why not just have a more "gamey" mentality and not make it so cinematic? I'd rather play The Order anyway.
their vr game was pretty good, maybe they love telling stories more than making a lot of gameplay.
(tbh i didn't loved the story in the order that much)

Airbus Jr

Banned
i mean we are talking theoretically here, i was just naming someone with better devs skill, i was not exactly pointing out towards santa monica for a sequel, and listen to me, if you are a fan of the ip you don't care if another ip get delayed to make space to the order 2, you are just happy about it without asking many questions.

egoistically speaking i would love for the entire guerrilla studios to work on horizon 2 instead of being spreaded for that mysteriour multyplayer project...

The way i see is that you are doubting someone capabilities to become better or improve themselves in the future

Totally understandable but thats not me or how i work at my workplace to improve myself ...like if i have bad exam back then.. i dont just give up..

You cant give someone a chances to improve themself and learn from it if you shut them down from their mistakes...

Last edited:

Magik85

Out of these two?
The Order takes the cake. Aspecially after removing grain.
Cool thing about Order is that you can tweak exposure, filters, remove film grain in photomode and then start to play the game with those tweaks. It makes masseive difference.
But overall IMO RDR2 is still unmatched.

dottme

I put the order because with the universe around the round table and the knight is so good. It make the atmosphere much better.

Haven't played TLOU 2 yet but from those screens alone one of the distinguishing qualities of Order 1886 is image quality. TLOU2 looks to have typical harsh video game edges where there are corners and straight lines. Still a looker, but tad more unrealistic.

Also can't see how ppl think next gen is a massive leap when we got The Order @ beginning of this gen.

makaveli60

Weird to compare a great game to a pretty looking shitty game.
What part did you not understand?

MightySquirrel MightySquirrel
Taken with the PS4 screenshot function and then uploaded to a free image hosting site so the quality is not the best. Though resolution is not that important in this case, we know what resolution the games run anyway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom