• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Price is Right has a new studio

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Debuted on TV yesterday and there are no longer stairs for contestants to run up when make the winning bid. But the new set has a lot more tech and spectacle.

The 52nd season of The Price is Right will soon debut on CBS, and the show will air from an all-new studio for its latest round of episodes. Wednesday, CBS not only revealed that the show will be returning with new episodes on Monday, September 25th, but also revealed pictures of the game show's state-of-the-art set.

The new set was built after the series was forced to leave its previous home at Television City. Now, the series has found a new place to tape episodes at Glendale's Haven Studios. More notable, however, is the fact that The Price is Right Season 52 will be the first time since the beginning of the pandemic that a full studio audience will be available to attend tapings of the show.

"In light of Hackman Capital Partners' plans to undergo a major renovation at Television City, the time has come to move television's longest running game show, The Price Is Right, into a new home," Suzanne Lopez, COO of TPIR producer Fremantle previously said of the move. "While we bid a fond farewell to this cultural landmark, we are excited to say that we will be moving into a brand-new, state-of-the-art facility at Haven Studios. We can't wait to have our fans 'Come On Down' to this new facility when we begin production on the next season this summer."

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
That’s terrible. There was something awesome about how old school the old one was. Not everything needs to be changed…. Although this one actually did as they were forced out.

Last edited:

ssringo

Drew has been the host for nearly 16 years. I can't believe it's been that long...

Tonight Show Wow GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

ssringo

Worse here as I still think of Bob Barker whenever it comes up.
Oh for sure. Bob is the default. I just thought of Drew since he's the current host and wondered how long its been. In my mind Drew is forever tied to his show and Whose Line. I suppose the other Price is Right cutoff for age is which announcer you default to. Rod Roddy here.

Top Bottom