• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Random Image Thread

CGNoire

giphy.gif
QB2?

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Really surreal given that most of the city was destroyed in the war and now there are only new buildings around the cathedral.

Look at it.

It's been through fire/plasma; all blackened at top. The details FFS

THE FUCKING DETAILS.

Cambodian style pillars.

This isn't built by our current humanity and I know you and others will laugh at that and that's okay.

Imo. That structure isn't a place of worship.

Ban incoming in 3 2 1

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Stop you're killing me

Holy shit glad you stole Alfredo's lunch and not Kevin's. What are the odds

I would've ..... >snip<

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I should start citing these.
1st is Ralph Bakshi in his office in the mid-late 70's.
2nd was the legendary Mexican-American animator Bill Melendez doing voice-over for Snoopy (he directed all the Peanuts shorts among other things)
3rd 'The Tex' or Tex Avery after joining MGM. During his tenure at MGM he worked on Tom & Jerry (most times completely uncredited), Droopy, 'the Wolf (famous in 'Blitz Wolf' and 'Red Hot Riding Hood') and Screwball Squirrel.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Does anyone know about these supposedly called "Star Forts"?

Sorry for the image size discrepancy....

fZ5CPPB.jpg

3sn1snu.jpg

9j10J6w.jpg
JwJrK8O.jpg

ks2W8kc.jpg

Joh4Wj8.png

These baby's are all over the world. Mostly conveniently connected to direct water access/intake.

A good chunck, I'd say 70 percent are overgrown, destroyed or just taken over when found and most/some inner infrastructure is of an earlier date.

Very fascinating!

Just liked to share something I personally wasn't tought in school.

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I hope you guys take the time to watch the video regarding the star forts. Shit's pretty mind blowing PSA Jon is very sarcastic lmao

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
Does anyone know about these supposedly called "Star Forts"?

Sorry for the image size discrepancy....

fZ5CPPB.jpg

3sn1snu.jpg

9j10J6w.jpg
JwJrK8O.jpg

ks2W8kc.jpg

Joh4Wj8.png

These baby's are all over the world. Mostly conveniently connected to direct water access/intake.

A good chunck, I'd say 70 percent are overgrown, destroyed or just taken over when found and most/some inner infrastructure is of an earlier date.

Very fascinating!

Just liked to share something I personally wasn't tought in school.

If you like forts you might enjoy reading about the Michael Jordan of fort architects, Sébastien Le Prestre de Vauban
You might even learn about star forts ;)

Here's an excerpt :

"Vauban's 'scientific approach' and focus on large infrastructure projects strongly influenced American military and civil engineering and inspired the creation of the US Corps of Engineers in 1824.[46] Until 1866, West Point's curriculum was modelled on that of the French Ecole Polytechnique, and designed to produce officers with skills in engineering and mathematics.[47]"

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
If you like forts you might enjoy reading about the Michael Jordan of fort architects, Sébastien Le Prestre de Vauban
You might even learn about star forts ;)

Here's an excerpt :

"Vauban's 'scientific approach' and focus on large infrastructure projects strongly influenced American military and civil engineering and inspired the creation of the US Corps of Engineers in 1824.[46] Until 1866, West Point's curriculum was modelled on that of the French Ecole Polytechnique, and designed to produce officers with skills in engineering and mathematics.[47]"

I haven't taken a deep dive regarding these structures besides their existence approached from within a certain context. Thank you for taking the time to responding in combination with the information given! Much appreciated! ♡

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Can't wait for unlocked 40fps (how i played ER on SS and was MUCH better than locked 30fps) and buy it at a discount lol. So much hype. So little care.

Top Bottom