• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The sequel absolutely no sane person wanted is coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoneBone

There is no God.

p7087845.jpg

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/superbabiesbabygeniuses2/index.html

And based on the IMDB's listing, it's sat on the shelf for several years... a sure sign of quality! I can't believe this is actually getting released in theaters.

xsarien

daedsiluap
The trailer for this was playing in the lobby of a theater I was in last weekend. I was near frozen in shock that someone thought that this needed a sequel.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Whoever is making this should make it a straight to video release.

Prospero

Oh, it gets worse--this film somehow managed to claim Jon Voight.

p7087780.jpg

Why, Jon Voight? Why aren't you making kickass movies with Michael Mann instead?

xsarien

daedsiluap
Prospero said:
Oh, it gets worse--this film somehow managed to claim Jon Voight.

He's credited as a producer on the first one, haven't bothered to check the second. What'd he do, lose a bet?

yoshifumi

Banned
that superbabies poster has been outside the theater that i work in for a few weeks now. the first time i saw it i was just like "what the fuck, i didn't even know there was a superbabies 1"

BTMash

Yep...I've known about this movie for a while as one of my co-worker's twin sisters (Keana and Maia Bastidas) are starring as one of the characters in the movie...was truly cringing on the inside when I heard this :'(

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
the first one was called child geniuses, not super babies.

The first one came out at the height of the CG baby craze.. you had that dancing baby on the internet, Bob the baby in commercials with Shaq and then Bob the TV show (because the commercials werent dumb enough).

no way does this thing even make up for the production cost of the film its being printed on.

Phoenix

yoshifumi said:
that superbabies poster has been outside the theater that i work in for a few weeks now. the first time i saw it i was just like "what the fuck, i didn't even know there was a superbabies 1"

Apparently my crap-dar has steered me from ever knowing there was a superbabies1. Only because I hang out here do I know there is a 2 :D

Brannon

It's like the Blair Witch of crap!

Something tells me to rent this, just to see how bad it can possibly get.

And on an off note; Van Helsing is out on DVD ALREADY? That was damn quick. It was such a deep and well made movie...

Chipopo

Banned
I believe the plot for the first movie went something like this (and this is all from vague memory);

Babies contain all the knowledge of the universe within their tiny baby skulls. A diabolical Nanny catches on to the untapped knowledge of the walking poo factories and hatches a plot to extract the information from them. The babies fight back; antics ensue.

Given that, all I can say is; FUCK YEA SEQUEL MoTY 2004!

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
My stream of conciousness brought me to just say I would LOVE there to be a feature length film based on 'The Misbehavers' segment of Four Rooms.
(that stream in full: Crap films with kids in|Spy Kids|Antonio Banderas)
Where is Tim Roth these days?

Mason

Yeah, they played the trailer for this in front of Garfield a few weeks ago, but I honestly thought this was already released as a direct-to-video sequel. Am I crazy?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Erimgard said:
Wasn't there a movie called Baby Genuis(es)? I've never heard of Superbabies or Child Geniuses.
Yes, the original movie was Baby Geniuses. That's why the poster says Baby Geniuses 2.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
I saw Baby Geniuses in the theater a few months ago as part of a midnight movie series.

It was awesome.

MASB said:
Poor Scott. His career has really gone down. Maybe he can have a Joanie&Chachi reunion show series. ;)
Hey, I saw him on a nationally televised program just last month!
tn.DC.162489.jpg

It was a role that really made me think. Mostly things like "What did Ronald Reagan and Scott Baio have to do with each other?"

FoneBone

fenekku-gitsune said:
I saw Baby Geniuses in the theater a few months ago as part of a midnight movie series.

It was awesome.
Were you drunk and/or stoned? I mean, I can't even tolerate looking at the box for the fucking thing. You are truly a brave man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom