• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The villians in Spider-Man: No Way Home will be: (spoiler)

VulcanRaven

This rumor might sound far fetched but Alfred Molina has already confirmed that he will be back so it might be true. Also Jamie Foxx posted about this movie on Instagram a long time ago. Would be awesome if they bring Willem Dafoe back. He was so good as Green Goblin.

PeskyDependentCoral-max-1mb.gif

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Needs wolverine to fight Spider-Man while perving over MJ

make it MJ as in the singer the BB star or the redhead

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Who the fuck wants to see jaime foxx character again

Same actor, different version of the character.

All of the actors are playing the same villains, but they'll be versions from alternate universes as to avoid having to pay or credit Avi Arad on a Marvel Studios movie.

MisterHero

There's no point in bringing them back if they're not from the old continuities.

Otherwise, I'm out of my mind or Gobby Sr.

ManaByte

Gold Member
There's no point in bringing them back if they're not from the old continuities.

It's the same reason Fox's Quicksilver wasn't in WandaVision, despite every single clickbait website and Reddit/Twitter bullshittter claiming he was.

The way Hollywood works is that the Producer of a superhero movie owns the versions of the characters in those movies. So if Feige were to use Bryan Singer and Simon Kinberg's version of Quicksilver they would have to be paid and given a Producer credit on WandaVision.

There is a cosmic epic level of bad blood between Avi Arad and Kevin Feige and part of the deal with Sony for the MCU Spider-Man movies was that Amy Pascal would be in charge on the Sony side and Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach wouldn't be allowed anywhere near the Spider-Man solo films. If they were to reuse the Avi Arad versions of the villains from those movies, then Fiege would have to pay Arad and give him a Producer credit in the MCU. I'm sure Avi Arad would love that, but Marvel wouldn't.

Alfred Molina has said that Doc Ock will be the same character from SM2 and they make him look younger with cgi.

He was bullshitting in that interview about the river thing (like when Michael Shannon said he had flippers on his hands for Zod mocap). It's the same villain, but a different version of it from an alternate universe.

Last edited:

MisterHero

It's the same reason Fox's Quicksilver wasn't in WandaVision, despite every single clickbait website and Reddit/Twitter bullshittter claiming he was.

The way Hollywood works is that the Producer of a superhero movie owns the versions of the characters in those movies. So if Feige were to use Bryan Singer and Simon Kinberg's version of Quicksilver they would have to be paid and given a Producer credit on WandaVision.

There is a cosmic epic level of bad blood between Avi Arad and Kevin Feige and part of the deal with Sony for the MCU Spider-Man movies was that Amy Pascal would be in charge on the Sony side and Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach wouldn't be allowed anywhere near the Spider-Man solo films. If they were to reuse the Avi Arad versions of the villains from those movies, then Fiege would have to pay Arad and give him a Producer credit in the MCU. I'm sure Avi Arad would love that, but Marvel wouldn't.

He was bullshitting in that interview about the river thing (like when Michael Shannon said he had flippers on his hands for Zod mocap). It's the same villain, but a different version of it from an alternate universe.
Yeesh. I understand they don't want to pay Avi Arad but I don't want a film filled with a dozen Ralph Bohners. I guess I'll have to wait for online spoilers before I watch it.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Sinister 6 are basically super people and will give the movie series a great improvement because there’s no villain established in these new spider man movies.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
i want this movie to be 4 hours bring everyone to the party
I agree. Squeezing this many villains in it means either making it as long as avengers endgame/infinity war or making it into two movies like endgame/infinity war.

Worst case scenario is them not giving enough screen time to anyone and making a convoluted mess.

Yoboman

I reckon they will basically rip the concept of Into the Spiderverse and have five Spiderman. The other two will be a Miles Morales and a Spider Gwen

VulcanRaven

I reckon they will basically rip the concept of Into the Spiderverse and have five Spiderman. The other two will be a Miles Morales and a Spider Gwen
Emma Stone said few days ago that she isn't in this:

“I have heard those rumors [and] I don’t know if I’m supposed to say anything, but I’m not [involved],” said Stone. “I don’t know what you’re supposed to respond as an alumnus.”

Last edited:

kunonabi

Lol, Holland-Man gets a sinister six flick and he's still getting hand-me-down villains instead of his own.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Emma Stone said few days ago that she isn't in this:

1. Paul Rudd denied he was Ant-Man and Tatiana Maslany denied she was She Hulk.
2. Emma Stone is pregnant; so that might have ruled her out of filming.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Sinister Six has been getting set up through these movies, so I'd be surprised if that doesn't evolve further.

Anyone remember the Scorpion nod at the end of Homecoming?

Only thing confusing this is the reveal at the end of Far from Home (Skrulls), his identity being revealed and now Carnage entering the Sony Spiderverse. And the castings of Maguire and the Welsh fella.

So no idea what's happening but I'm in regardless.

Locutus

The way Hollywood works is that the Producer of a superhero movie owns the versions of the characters in those movies.
No, this is not how movies work. The studio generally owns the characters. It would be highly unusual for a producer to own the rights to a character.

ManaByte

Gold Member
No, this is not how movies work. The studio generally owns the characters. It would be highly unusual for a producer to own the rights to a character.

Why do you think Zack Snyder is credited as an executive producer on every movie where the JL characters appear? Because he created and cast those versions of the characters.

Marvel could not use the Fox Quicksilver without giving credit to Singer and Kinberg, which is why it didn't happen. Same goes for the Raimi stuff without crediting Avi Arad.

Producers hold all of the power. One reason they would create a unique villain look in the Raimi Spider-Man movies is because the Producer would get a cut of the toy sales if they used the design from THEIR movie that they oversaw. That's one reason why you got the "Power Ranger" Goblin in the first Spider-Man movie instead of the more comic-accurate one that they tested and ended up not using.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Why do you think Zack Snyder is credited as an executive producer on every movie where the JL characters appear? Because he created and cast those versions of the characters.

Marvel could not use the Fox Quicksilver without giving credit to Singer and Kinberg, which is why it didn't happen. Same goes for the Raimi stuff without crediting Avi Arad.

Producers hold all of the power. One reason they would create a unique villain look in the Raimi Spider-Man movies is because the Producer would get a cut of the toy sales if they used the design from THEIR movie that they oversaw. That's one reason why you got the "Power Ranger" Goblin in the first Spider-Man movie instead of the more comic-accurate one that they tested and ended up not using.

This is not true for every movie. And with Disney Marvel movies, the playing field is significantly different. And with Sony movies in the MCU, their rules vary also.

RE: Secret Invasion; my comment on confusion was about the other setups and how that all links up. Sinister Six, Venom Carnage AND the Skrulls. Three whole massive storylines from the comics teased. Will they combine them all? Do each one separately? Etc...

sol_bad

Marvel didn't use Fox Quicksilver because he was never a part of the story. It has nothing to do with Sony producers or anything like that.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
This is not true for every movie. And with Disney Marvel movies, the playing field is significantly different. And with Sony movies in the MCU, their rules vary also.

RE: Secret Invasion; my comment on confusion was about the other setups and how that all links up. Sinister Six, Venom Carnage AND the Skrulls. Three whole massive storylines from the comics teased. Will they combine them all? Do each one separately? Etc...

The skrulls at the end tease Secret Invasion... But I think it's to do with the Kree who can also look human (Mar-Vell and Yon Rog, for instance) since Kree Sleeper Cells was spoken in Far From Home

Kinda like how they teased the REAL Mandarin in All Hail The King and are finally showing him in Shang-Chi

Last edited:
6 villains might be 5 villains to many.

Fuck it. Throw it all to the wall. Spiderman gets his ass kicked and then in the final scene, the Topher Grace Venom comes through the portal to end Spidey and he is saved by the Tom Hardy Venom.

Let the lawyers figure this shit out.

William Dafoe is a dollar-store version of Denis Leary
This, but the opposite

Reusing the same version of the villain's as the crummy movies is a huge turn off.

I don't think it's reusing so much as utilizing known/well-cast villains to throw us a curveball film.

Recasting would eliminate the "whoa parallel universe" shock.

It makes sense to me, as long as they don't take over as the actual Doc Ock, Green Goblin, etc... and get "banished" back to their dimension.

Last edited:

Fbh

I just hope the third time around Peter gets his own villain instead of someone who is at Tony Stark

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
The hype surrounding this films eclipses anything coming out of Marvel right now, And it's all because of the possibility of both previous none MCU Spider-Men & Villains being in it.
Says it all, really
They better not fuck it up, the hype is too high

sol_bad

I really hope that somehow all these rumours of previous Spider-Men are fake. It really doesn't add anything to the MCU Peter Parker, it's actually causing a regression.
We need a villain that is spawned from something Peter Parker or Spider-Man has done within the MCU. The last 2 movies had villains related to Tony Stark, this 3rd film is where it is his time to shine and stand on his own.

I'd be perfectly fine if the previous actors and villains from the previous films had 5-10 minutes of cameo screen time but not to be the primary focus.

Filth

Mysterio will either be in the movie or an end credit scene where an actual multiverse version comes through.

INC

Mysterio will either be in the movie or an end credit scene where an actual multiverse version comes through.

How did shield not realise who he really was? Only thing I didnt get about the last spider man

"He only worked for Tony stark, thats not hard to find out...."

Last edited:
Top Bottom