• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead - Season 2 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I uploaded some final Dale faces

ibpr4FpVonbsLp.jpg

iH9FR9SShBYqG.jpg

ib0Jgqw91iOrBs.jpg

i0SW3AHNa6BXy.jpg

i7zRpnSxFRf0L.jpg

iNMiuK2a9RQwk.jpg

Hey You

they should do what The Wire did and focus on a different set of people each series then link them together somehow.

I can't even remember why they're at the farm. The truck broke and then Carl got shot and now they're just staying? where were they going again?

Fort Bennett (?).

On the topic of Lori and Rick's parenting: what do these people do all day? The only people you see actually doing shit is Herschel and his kids. We see them cooking or doing laundry but there are 24 hours in a day. Whats everyone doing? Someone could watch or at least keep tabs on Carl so that hes not totally aimless or alone.

It would be nice if they gave these people a project to work on. As it is, its just talking heads for most of the episode. Two people stand here on the farm and talk, two people stand over by the tree and talk, people stand in the barn and talk. It gives the feeling the plot isn't moving. Thats why shows usually have the crew walking or doing something because it conveys forward motion. Think Star Trek and them always walking down hallways.

walking dead's standing by something talking = star wars prequels couch chatting

Raoh

they should do what The Wire did and focus on a different set of people each series then link them together somehow.

I can't even remember why they're at the farm. The truck broke and then Carl got shot and now they're just staying? where were they going again?

Fort Benning

As for why they are still at the farm it's because the writers are lazy.

Raoh

How the fuck is a zombie too weak to pull it's legs out of mud but strong enough to rip a man in half??

Motivation?

no food in sight, just stuck in the mud... carl sandwhich runs by its struggles to get dinner..

Look back to say the infected (while not zombies) in 28 days later, in the church they were just laying there piled up on each other motionless, almost catatonic or dead, until..... the sight of someone's head they could bash in happens to enter the church, then they sprang into action ready for a morning run.

zugzug

Well at least she didn't go out looking for him. We all know how well that always ends.

ROFL Great line, Lori plz die soon.

I was fine with Carl testing his limits against zombie stuck in mud, Carl is trying to become a man in his own terms/way that a young kid would. Kinda like poking a bees nest I sure did it as a child and I had the bee sting that I hide from my parents when I went to a San Francisco Giants game and it was hurting so bad i couldnt' hide it anymore.

I can't stop laffing that Carl cried when the zombie lunged and got his leg. But then Carl walking in on Randell and telling his dad to kill him was simply over the top and just shows the kid is turning into Shane which is a bad thing and I do not want to watch a show become like that.

Listen what we need from GAF is a 60+ year old GAF'er to come in here and say fuck you bitches i'm Dale's age and if that skinny 80lb or whatever weight zombie falls on me I'll fucking fight him off to save my own life and not die like a stuck pig. Kudos to the other person in this threat who said bad writing is bad. That was horrible writing and badly staged scene.

All you GAF'ers crying about him being old and weak need to shut the fuck up. You are fucking wrong.

iammeiam

Did you manage to block the entire Search for Sophia from memory? Because then I am jealous. Carl got shot, then when he was better they were still thinking they could find Sophia, so wanted to stay relatively close by, and as that got less and less likely Rick found out about the baby and decided he and Lori needed to stay where the 'doctor' was.

The actual logic for staying at the farm makes way more sense than most of what happens on this show, I think. It's just boring.

zugzug

also staying on the farm cuts down on production costs which I can accept as a reason to stay if to preserve the show for better things but I'm not finding these people to be any better than these mythical 30gang they are afraid of.

Edit: I mean hell, they plum just killed what 3-4 of them in that shootout and they left randel. I'm sorta guessing wouldn't that take down their count to 26 of the mythical 30 gang and not everyone of those remaining should be as strong a gunfighter as the two that Rick killed If they had randel who is not a Grade A gunman fighter there is the dropoff in quality of people to be truly afraid of. Like Glenn clearly is not the same type of fighter that Rick or Shane are. Clearly Dale was 1/8th the man of the other men.

Raoh

also staying on the farm cuts down on production costs which I can accept as a reason to stay if to preserve the show for better things but I'm not finding these people to be any better than these mythical 30gang they are afraid of.

They'll show 3 people in fast pace cam shots and just multiply their audio so it sounds like 30 people.

Poor Dale. No more Dale Faces.

I can't help but think that The Walking Dead Season 2 is one giant filler episode. The story is going absolutely nowhere and the writing has been horrendous.

I agree with people who say Dale's death scenario was poorly written. Also, Carl has become an annoying piece of shit (and it's his fault that Dale is dead).

Lastly. WTF is up with the Randell Story? I mean they saved him when he had metal through his leg and then they debate (for 2 fucking episodes) whether to kill him? That's just stupid writing.

How the fuck is a zombie too weak to pull it's legs out of mud but strong enough to rip a man in half??

It doesn't take much force at all to slice into flesh if your fingers are effectively knives.

Also, the zombie kind of had a leverage advantage when its weight was on top of Dale and both a leverage and a brain disadvantage when stuck in that mud. You can't just power out of it, you have to wiggle your way free when you're stuck like that, and zombies don't do "wiggle" easily.

Meh still seems like BS to me. It takes a shitload more strength to rip a man open than to pull a leg out of the mud. I guess "motivation" could explain it.

I think most of us need to accept that this show is shit now.

Also, I laughed during the scene where all of them we're talking about what to do with Randell, and everyone spoke except for T-Dog. Man, why is he even in this.

I think the whole barn locale thing; really is just plot - I don't see it as a budget thing. In the comics; that don't tend to go very far from locations like this.

I mean. season 3 or 4 will be COMIC SPOILERS week and weeks of
prison
and then later it will be weeks and weeks of
the housing community where they camp and set up walls

This episode was actually kinda entertaining. I'm amazed at that. I only had to skip one scene (the one with the asian kid and the barn family)

Carl's smug little face was annoying. I was sorta hoping he would fall and the prisoner somehow hurt him.

I find it funny that people are questioning how a zombie can rip someone open after decades of zombies ripping people open/apart in film. If you use "Why couldn't he get out of the mud?" reasoning, well let's just say zombies need motivation before the undead strength kicks in.

Zombies rip flesh. With their teeth, with their hands, whatever. Dat's wat dey do. Stop thinking so much.

I find it funny that people are questioning how a zombie can rip someone open after decades of zombies ripping people open/apart in film. If you use "Why couldn't he get out of the mud?" reasoning, well let's just say zombies need motivation before the undead strength kicks in.

Zombies rip flesh. With their teeth, with their hands, whatever. Dat's wat dey do. Stop thinking so much.
lol fa realzz this aint a science

I think most of us need to accept that this show is shit now.

Also, I laughed during the scene where all of them we're talking about what to do with Randell, and everyone spoke except for T-Dog. Man, why is he even in this.

I have no idea. The character lost ALL POINT after the Merle incident on the rooftop.

However, since they blew up the only other black character on the show at the finale of season 1, he just might be the safest dude on the show...at least until Morgan and Duane reappear.

So they killed off Dale. I guess the producers are going back on their word that they'd "hit every major plot point of the comics."

That was unexpected, but, I heard something about how the Dale actor wanted to bail on the project. Anybody have any details on that?

Dale is actually a character they almost had to kill off compared to the comics. The
him + andrea
thing just wouldn't work on the show, and beyond that he didn't add much in the comics.

And Glen Mazzara has already stated that now the show is all his he want to get things close to the comic for the most part. I guess the Dale thing was something they had their hands tied on for the reason I mentioned above + whatever behind the scenes reason. Sophia dying was a bigger deal imo.

Grisby

Did she think the violence disclaimer at the start of the episode was a joke?
This was a few days ago but Ima still respond. Nah, she was upset at how violently they killed Dale off. I mean, she's used to violence as far as I know but she watches things like Desperate Housewives, Castle, etc. So it's unusual to see what is a main character just die in the middle of a second season that isn't a finale of some sorts.

I guess.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
This was a few days ago but Ima still respond. Nah, she was upset at how violently they killed Dale off. I mean, she's used to violence as far as I know but she watches things like Desperate Housewives, Castle, etc. So it's unusual to see what is a main character just die in the middle of a second season that isn't a finale of some sorts.

I guess.

3rd to last episode, 2 episodes left.

NITPICKING (that's ok here right?)

Alucrid

Banned
Why we still got Rick and Carl and Lori? They're idiots in this show. If we're just killing off main characters from the comics now, they should be next.
I like Rick. Sure he has his moral compass but he looks good in jeans and boots and shot those two guys. Lori an Carl can die though.

LakeEarth

So they killed off Dale. I guess the producers are going back on their word that they'd "hit every major plot point of the comics."

That was unexpected, but, I heard something about how the Dale actor wanted to bail on the project. Anybody have any details on that?

The guy who plays Dale is in a lot of Frank Darabont movies. He probably got himself written out of the show out of loyalty.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Rick is awesome.

Shane's the one that needs to go next before he REALLY kills someone.

Or Lori, I'd be okay with Lori.

R2D4

Banned
Lori is just going to die on her own if she doesn't eat something. Soon. She already looks like that mud zombie but with long hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom