• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

I need help. Hearts of Stone. Going through it for the first time.

Objective says "Recruit the rest of the crew and prepare for the robbery. 2/3".
But there's no marker or anything on my map telling me where to go. I got sidetracked for like... four hours doing side stuff and now I have no idea what I'm supposed to do.

That's like the framing quest but you were given 3 side quests (recruit a safecracker, recruit a acrobatic person or whatever, and put some guards out of commission with a potion. There should be only one remaining side quest to do and if you set that one to active it'll tell you what to do.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Yeah! After a 6 months(!) break, I got back to the game and finished the main story after ~125 hours. I purchased the expansion pass and now I'll play through Hearts of Stone. Can't wait for Blood and Wine after that one.

peonlin

Neo Member
What do blur and Motion blur settings actually do and should i turn them on or off(PS4) opinions really seem to vary.

Someone pushed a button too early. It seems that they've rehosted a GameSpot article that hasn't yet gone live. B&W is massive! I'm surprised that they didn't increase the price.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt released in May 2015 with its first expansion, Hearts of Stone, launching later that year. Now, we have some new details on the next expansion, Blood and Wine.

Players will find themselves in the peaceful land of Toussaint, where you'll be in pursuit of a beast with a secret that's tormenting the kingdom. The expansion contains more than 30 hours of new gameplay, and the new region rivals Velen and Novigrad in size, according to a press release from CD Projekt Red. Blood and Wine is described as "a 20-hour tale" on its Steam page.

Blood and Wine includes over 90 new quests and 40 new points of interest. It also introduces a dynamic system, where interacting with an area's main POI affects adjacent points -- for example, killing enemies in their main hideout lowers their numbers in surrounding camps. Additionally, there will be 14,000 new lines of dialogue, which is 8,000 more than the previous expansion.

New gear and monsters include over 30 new weapons, 100 individual pieces of armor, and more than 20 new monsters. No specifics were announced.

12 new mutations were detailed, however, and players will be able to unlock them in New Game Plus. The mutations include one that causes enemies to freeze and die instantly when knocked by Aard, one that makes enemies to explode when they're killed with a sign's critical hit, and another that heals and grants you damage immunity when you lose all of your health.

Other additions include the New Game Plus maximum level increasing to 100, a new "Skellige" Gwent deck, and a redesigned user interface. Players will also be able to change the color of their gear with armor dyes that can be obtained through merchants, recipes or loot. However, these can only be acquired in Toussaint.

They really need to do an EE now. HoS was already a step up, and now B&W sounds even better. All of this in 7 months!? How?

MadYarpen

Someone pushed a button too early. It seems that they've rehosted a GameSpot article that hasn't yet gone live. B&W is massive! I'm surprised that they didn't increase the price.

They really need to do an EE now. HoS was already a step up, and now B&W sounds even better. All of this in 7 months!? How?

Oh fuck yes. CDPR you beast.

I can't stand the hype. Toussaint is my absolutely favorite part of the books. I can't wait to see how they managed to make it. Expectations are sky high...

Coreda

They're really teasing it this time. HoS had a more exciting trailer but here they know people are anticipating the release so they've gone for a more subtle approach. Hype!

Spacebar

Does anyone remember what time the hearts of stone expansion went live on psn? Trying to decided to take off work that Tuesday if blood and wine goes up at midnight. If it's late afternoon like the regular store update it may not be worth it.

suikodan

I am at a crossroad here.

Bought the PS4 version at launch because my PC had a low GPU for the game. Played 30hrs out of it, cringed at the loading times.

Now, I have a better GPU and tried the PC version to find out that the loading time is wayyyyy better on PC.

I want to play this game and its expansion. Should I keep playing on PS4 or begin anew on PC?

I am at a crossroad here.

Bought the PS4 version at launch because my PC had a low GPU for the game. Played 30hrs out of it, cringed at the loading times.

Now, I have a better GPU and tried the PC version to find out that the loading time is wayyyyy better on PC.

I want to play this game and its expansion. Should I keep playing on PS4 or begin anew on PC?

Play anew on PC, this game presentation should be enjoyed without the technical hindrances of the console version.

illusionary

Excellent news today - physical PS4 edition ordered. I have two decks of Gwent cards, so really need to complete that set!

Now, can I fit in the rest of Star Fox Zero, plus Ratchet & Clank, before 31 May gets here,,,

The1Ski

So here's a scenario:

I haven't played in months and months. Loved the game but schedule changed and didn't have time to complete the story.

My question is this:

With all the updates and changes, should I just start a new game or continue where I left off? Are there enough improvements to justify starting from scratch?

I just finished the game and Heart of Stone. There are some things that really disappointed me but the rest of them is so high in quality that I feel that I can't complain too much. Overall I had a great time and is highly anticipating Blood and Wine.

Some visual nitpicks that bugged me:

- Anybody else thinks that Keira Metz is - for lack of better vocabulary - miscast? Her illustrations and descriptions depict her as looking very youthful but she actually looks the oldest out of the Sorceresses.

- The narrative treats Geralt as being pale so much that even random NPCs are worried for his health, but his complexion looks completely healthy and even better than some other characters.

Eusis

So here's a scenario:

I haven't played in months and months. Loved the game but schedule changed and didn't have time to complete the story.

My question is this:

With all the updates and changes, should I just start a new game or continue where I left off? Are there enough improvements to justify starting from scratch?
I'm running with my existing save myself. But I "only" got something like 20 hours in. And am loath to restarting games if I can help it.

MadYarpen

I just finished the game and Heart of Stone. There are some things that really disappointed me but the rest of them is so high in quality that I feel that I can't complain too much. Overall I had a Grecy time and is highly anticipating Blood and Wine.

Some visual nitpicks that bugged me:

- Anybody else thinks that Keira Metz is - for lack of better vocabulary - miscast? Her illustrations and descriptions depict her as looking very youthful but she actually looks the oldest out of the Sorceresses.

- The narrative treats Geralt as being pale so much that even random NPCs are worried for his health, but his complexion looks completely healthy and even better than some other characters.

Well my wife says KM looks like a transvestite so you may be onto something.
With geralt they went for Hollywood look at some point. Price of fame I guess lol.

ColdPizza

Banned
what bug would that be? i've managed to upgrade mine to mastercrafted without a problem.

The first quest there is a bug on PS4 for certain people (including me) that can't open a treasure chest (in a tower in Kaer Morhen) that contains a letter that sets off the entire questline for the initial wolf armor set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlFHK3VFbcE

I should be able to open that chest at :45 seconds in. Plus, the missing gate crystal isn't on the outside of the tower like it should be.

Samikaze

That always bothered me too. Must have had something to do with the Xbox 360 port of Witcher 2.
On PC in TW1 and TW2 he looked much more pale. They made him look normal during the Xbox 360 port.

images

That always bothered me too. Must have had something to do with the Xbox 360 port of Witcher 2.
On PC in TW1 and TW2 he looked much more pale. They made him look normal during the Xbox 360 port.

images
That was just a filter during the flashback that started the game.

Just finished the game and god damn what a journey, GOTY material indeed.
Amazing even after finishing the game and every quest possible i found it hard to quit the game i was just looking at the screen and world looking for something to do i didn't want to say goodbye to the game.

Thank you CDRP for the amazing game, one of my all time favorite for sure.
My character and playtime stats:
Ch2jdCMWsAAypMO.jpg:large

I only had a couple of quests left after beating the game. It is kinda depressing and empty now. Looking forward to the DLC.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I'm playing through Hearts of Stone right now. What did exactly change with the map? I've never really been up there in the top right in Novigrad, so I don't know what's been there and what wasn't.

Nordicus

I'm playing through Hearts of Stone right now. What did exactly change with the map? I've never really been up there in the top right in Novigrad, so I don't know what's been there and what wasn't.
The Hearts of Stone simply extended the top-right corner of the Novigrad map and filled that space it with level 30+ enemies and content. It's really subtle right until you get suddenly one-shotted by an enemy with skull icon :p

Gone back to playing after a long break.

Was there any changes to the advanced feline armour/weapons

I have them all equipped but they now show as requires lvl23 and I'm only lvl21.

Or have I lost some levels for some reason?

Nordicus

I have them all equipped but they now show as requires lvl23 and I'm only lvl21.

They tweaked the levels of the set equipment a bit in one of the patches months ago

MadYarpen

As said above, plus you should get a potion which reduces lvl requirements for 2 hours so that you can grind the levels you are missing (yeah, that's weird solution).

Thanks. Weird that for the last few days it's let me use the weapons and armour.
Then last night it unequipped my swords so had to craft some more until I reach the required level.

Hope it doesn't do the same for the armour as don't have any spare.

Finished up a NG+ run, and I swear I just don't get sick of this game. I feel nice and ready for Blood and Wine, and while I'm tempted to start a fresh character, it would probably take a long time to reach level 30+ to do it.

I really enjoyed the tougher end game boss fights (not sure what patch did that without looking it up), but I wish they respected Sign builds when designing things. Boss fights have a habit of making nearly every Sign useless (other than Quen of course), so you just end up whacking things with your sword, only it takes much longer than if you just went with a sword build. :/ I had to repair my sword twice while in combat versus one of the DLC boss fights, heh.

moojito

Finished up a NG+ run, and I swear I just don't get sick of this game. I feel nice and ready for Blood and Wine, and while I'm tempted to start a fresh character, it would probably take a long time to reach level 30+ to do it.

I really enjoyed the tougher end game boss fights (not sure what patch did that without looking it up), but I wish they respected Sign builds when designing things. Boss fights have a habit of making nearly every Sign useless (other than Quen of course), so you just end up whacking things with your sword, only it takes much longer than if you just went with a sword build. :/ I had to repair my sword twice while in combat versus one of the DLC boss fights, heh.

"Yeah hold up there a sec chief *scrape scrape* just... need to get this sharpened a bit *scrape scrape*"

Top Bottom