• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

Mediking

Hearts of Stone item.
Auction house.

I'm totally getting the DLC after I finish the game.
RmAs1.gif

LMAO at the delay in the blood and then coming from the opposite direction like someone squirting ketchup

Hahahahaha!!!! I'm crying!!! Is that Live Action Geralt?

Posted this on the last page (but at the very bottom), so just reposting it again:

So I have a Witcher 2 clear save file on PC that I can use to I assume have my choices automatically show up in Witcher 3. Do I miss anything by doing this? Like, I know you get a scene while being shaven that lets you choose what happened in the Witcher 2. If you import a save flie, what happens during that scene? Would it be better to just not import my save file so I can choose stuff and hear the dialogue (I assume it's basically a recap of what happened)?

Posted this on the last page (but at the very bottom), so just reposting it again:

So I have a Witcher 2 clear save file on PC that I can use to I assume have my choices automatically show up in Witcher 3. Do I miss anything by doing this? Like, I know you get a scene while being shaven that lets you choose what happened in the Witcher 2. If you import a save flie, what happens during that scene? Would it be better to just not import my save file so I can choose stuff and hear the dialogue (I assume it's basically a recap of what happened)?

The shaving scene is solely there to simulate witcher 2 decisions.

long story short for the most part they're useless, except to keep certain people alive, most of which
don't even appear in this game
. I'd say depending on your witcher 2 save state you might as well ignore it, as simulating decisions is just as good.

The shaving scene is solely there to simulate witcher 2 decisions.

long story short for the most part they're useless, except to keep certain people alive, most of which
don't even appear in this game
. I'd say depending on your witcher 2 save state you might as well ignore it, as simulating decisions is just as good.

Ah gotcha, might as well just do the decisions again via the shaving scene.

Also, I thought I read that using a Dualshock 4 showed the Playstation buttons instead of the 360/xbone buttons. But when I use my Dualshock 4, it doesn't do that. Did I read incorrectly or maybe there's just a mod that does that.

Also, I thought I read that using a Dualshock 4 showed the Playstation buttons instead of the 360/xbone buttons. But when I use my Dualshock 4, it doesn't do that. Did I read incorrectly or maybe there's just a mod that does that.

They added native support for it in a patch, but the buttons still show as if it's a MS pad.

Eusis

Look into how to lock prompts to buttons for the Stream Controller using mouse/controller simultaneous input. I get PS icons with the DS4 plugged in that way (I thought it might have been patched in but perhaps not and it's a weird quirk instead?)

Coreda

Glad this time around I can avoid spoilers for the expansion. I expect the sky color will be normal rather than adjusted like the promo shots (I saw some sky shots with the HUD though which had me concerned). Let's hope they haven't tweaked the actual lighting.

There are some good combos with different types of armor/hair/beard styles. I like Ursine with long, loose hair, and a full beard. Also like the loose, but not so long hair, and clean shaven.

I enjoyed using the default hair style until completing the main mission after which I went for the 'shaved sides with pony tail' cut (or the 'I may look old but I'm still with it' style), which is canon so I've been told.

K.Sabot

Restarting this a year later, it's pretty incredible how this game looks after playing Street Fighter V for a few hundred hours.

Smokey

Quick question about crafting...I already crafted Grapeshot bombs, and used them up. So now I'm out. If I want more of those bombs, the crafting menu says "You already have this item". So how do I replenish these if I can't craft anymore?

Quick question about crafting...I already crafted Grapeshot bombs, and used them up. So now I'm out. If I want more of those bombs, the crafting menu says "You already have this item". So how do I replenish these if I can't craft anymore?
You just meditate. They refill like potions do.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

Every time you meditate one bottle of alcohol will be used to replenish ALL of your potions/oils/bombs to max. Only need to craft things once, and then their upgraded variants.

Smokey

You just meditate. They refill like potions do.

Every time you meditate one bottle of alcohol will be used to replenish ALL of your potions/oils/bombs to max. Only need to craft things once, and then their upgraded variants.

Oh shit thanks. I don't think I meditated once. I'm playing in hard and it said it doesn't restore health as if you were playing on normal, so I never bothered :x

This changes everything lol

Glass

Just finished the wedding in Heart of Stone. Shani I just want to let you know ahead of time, the women in Toussaint will mean nothing to me.

usp84

So i just walked into a question mark that had a Spike trap and you have to walk only to the squaresthat arent red or you die.

Fuck this.I have played the game for 200 hours and this is easily the abslute worst part of it.That will teach me to go looking for question marks i guess.

In a game where the character movement is NOT precise why would you ever have something like this???Ridiculous

eEK!

Neo Member
So i just walked into a question mark that had a Spike trap and you have to walk only to the squares that aren't red or you die.

Fuck this.I have played the game for 200 hours and this is easily the absolute worst part of it. That will teach me to go looking for question marks i guess.

In a game where the character movement is NOT precise why would you ever have something like this???Ridiculous

Alternatively you can cast Quen and sprint over the traps. Its definitely a rubbish puzzle either way though.

Started the game tonight. Not super far yet, doing some sidequests and exploring some of the first area. Beautiful game and loving the music so far.

Is it possible to "respec" in the game? Or are there enough ability points to unlock everything by the end?

Does it typically matter if I want a reward from a quest or if I am "nice" and just do the quest for "free"?

Just got my first body piece upgrade and it's HIDEOUS compared to the starting gear... Love how the first piece of gear looks. :(

Started the game tonight. Not super far yet, doing some sidequests and exploring some of the first area. Beautiful game and loving the music so far.

Is it possible to "respec" in the game? Or are there enough ability points to unlock everything by the end?

Does it typically matter if I want a reward from a quest or if I am "nice" and just do the quest for "free"?

Just got my first body piece upgrade and it's HIDEOUS compared to the starting gear... Love how the first piece of gear looks. :(

You can buy respec potions later on and they're fairly cheap. Just not sure if they're unlimited.

Coreda

See the OP FAQ about the respec potion. A number of merchants sell it. There are only so many ability points available so it forces you to chose a selection but since they can be swapped out anytime for others you've unlocked, and the respec potion is available, you have room to experiment.

As for quest payments it's up to you and what your version Geralt wants.

In the Hearts of Stone expansion the starting armor has a full upgrade under a different name with darker materials. I guess it could be considered a very minor spoiler but it's also missable so I'd google the Viper gear if you own the expansion and are interested.

You can buy respec potions later on and they're fairly cheap. Just not sure if they're unlimited.

Gotcha, that's good to hear, thanks. :)

See the OP FAQ about the respec potion. A number of merchants sell it. There are only so many ability points available so it forces you to chose a selection but since they can be swapped out anytime for others you've unlocked, and the respec potion is available, you have room to experiment.

As for quest payments it's up to you and what your version Geralt wants.

In the Hearts of Stone expansion the starting armor has a full upgrade under a different name with darker materials. I guess it could be considered a very minor spoiler but it's also missable so I'd google the Viper gear if you own the expansion and are interested.

Ohhh, I see. I don't have the expansion yet, but plan on getting it if I enjoy the base game enough. I'll keep that in mind about the Viper gear. :)

So this is interesting. The question about Iorveth's cut content was finally asked by someone with clout, in this German interview.

The answers given are a bit strange, but at least something was said. Basically, the team wanted to tell other stories. But then why was it announced that he would appear in 2013? Why is Woodland Beast even in the game, and why was the dialogue for Iorveth and Isengrim being spotted in Novigrad also kept? It sounds like a damage control answer. It's a contradiction to say that you wanted didn't want to work on the Scoia'tael because you did them in TW1 and TW2, but then still work on them a little bit anyway in TW3. Originally Woodland Beast was going to be much bigger, so why not just cut everything instead of keeping something so small, which in my opinion, isn't half as good as it could have been.

I've criticised the pacing of the Novigrad section of the game for being a bit weird, as have others, and I knew that Iorveth and the Scoia'tael were originally planned to have a role there, but it seems it was bigger than what I had previously thought.

I'd like to give some clarification for this discussion. Like our writers already mentioned a few months ago, Iorveth used to be part of the game. However, as time and development went on, this chunk of the story had to be cut for multiple reasons, but it was quite a big part of the game. At this time, it was simply not possible to "just" create another quest that would replace it and we had to finish and polish the rest of the game. It's perfectly natural that parts of the game are cut in development, and in this case it unfortunately hit a part that Iorveth had a big role in. If we do something like that, we do it right and we do the character justice. It's not easy to make decisions like that, so I hope you can respect that.

So, let's talk about 'Reason of State'. :p The strange thing about that last bolded part in that they're doing a small comic strip about Iorveth "SOON", like the one they did for Roach. That's not doing Iorveth justice, in my opinion.

I'm disappointed that the Scoia'tael were expendable. They're a massive part of the world, in the books and in TW1 and TW2. The fact that they just disappear into thin air, outside of Woodland Beast, is a major disappointment. The elves can't catch a break. First the Dol Blathanna chapter gets cut from TW2, then it happens again in TW3 with The Wild Hunt and the Scoia'tael. I'm still hoping for the EE, but it seems more unlikely with each passing day. I don't see them having a role in any kind of "Witcher 4", either.

So this is interesting. The question about Iorveth's cut content was finally asked by someone with clout, in this German interview.

The answers given are a bit strange, but at least something was said. Basically, the team wanted to tell other stories. But then why was it announced that he would appear in 2013? Why is Woodland Beast even in the game, and why was the dialogue for Iorveth and Isengrim being spotted in Novigrad also kept? It sounds like a damage control answer. It's a contradiction to say that you wanted didn't want to work on the Scoia'tael because you did them in TW1 and TW2, but then still work on them a little bit anyway in TW3. Originally Woodland Beast was going to be much bigger, so why not just cut everything instead of keeping something so small, which in my opinion, isn't half as good as it could have been.

I've criticised the pacing of the Novigrad section of the game for being a bit weird, as have others, and I knew that Iorveth and the Scoia'tael were originally planned to have a role there, but it seems it was bigger than what I had previously thought.

So, let's talk about 'Reason of State'. :p The strange thing about that last bolded part in that they're doing a small comic strip about Iorveth "SOON", like the one they did for Roach. That's not doing Iorveth justice, in my opinion.

I'm disappointed that the Scoia'tael were expendable. They're a massive part of the world, in the books and in TW1 and TW2. The fact that they just disappear into thin air, outside of Woodland Beast, is a major disappointment. The elves can't catch a break. First the Dol Blathanna chapter gets cut from TW2, then it happens again in TW3 with The Wild Hunt and the Scoia'tael. I'm still hoping for the EE, but it seems more unlikely with each passing day. I don't see them having a role in any kind of "Witcher 4", either.

I was still hoping to see Dol Blathanna got added in somehow before TW3 got released.

I couldn't even think that the entire elves story line would get cut out.

It's best that we moved on at this stage, at least I will, it literally hurt me inside whenever I read about it.

This and all that other cut content. It fucking sucks.

I was still hoping to see Dol Blathanna got added in somehow before TW3 got released.

I couldn't even think that the entire elves story line would get cut out.

It's best that we moved on at this stage, at least I will, it literally hurt me inside whenever I read about it.

This and all that other cut content. It fucking sucks.

The whole situation is very disappointing. The is the last chance to see those characters, and I mean.., the story with them ended on a cliffhanger in TW2, that goes nowhere in TW3. Even a journal entry would have been something.

26k9Td7.gif

---------------------------

Some poeple, like me, were confused when you should play B&W. I played HoS just before the final battle in Skellige, because it was hinted that it was meant to be played then. It seems that you're meant to play B&W after the final battle, ie once the game is finished.

Technically the expansion can be started before finishing the game (after a certain part of the Novigrad story line), but it would be pretty hard to even try this, since the level requirement is quite high (of course the player can start a separate Blood and Wine game from "New Game" in the main menu whenever he wants).
Players will definitely have a nice experience if they play Blood and Wine after finishing the main game, since we created Blood and Wine not just as a last expansion, but also as a finale of the whole game that is The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. So you can look forward to nice things.

The whole situation is very disappointing. The is the last chance to see those characters, and I mean.., the story with them ended on a cliffhanger in TW2, that goes nowhere in TW3. Even a journal entry would have been something.
Definitely. They said they want to "do it justice". Justice my ass. By throwing in a comics?

This disappointed me greatly, to a point where I think not it can be considered not healthy over a videogame. But it's because they built all those characters up so well that people actually care, and yearn to see them again. And yet they fucking threw all that away. I played the game (TW2) 7 fucking times damn it.

It's a widespread opinion that Novigrad feels so light in term of content. I felt something really, really wrong happened the first time I finished the game, I kept expecting more yet nothing ever came. Now it fucking hurts. I fucking hate to think of what could have been.

Last time I was so disappointed was with Mafia 2 cut content. But it's like a salt in the sea compared to this.

Oynox

Sooo... buy the Game + Season Pass again, this time digitally or wait for an Enhanced Edition... I do not know. I would absolutely love to play Blood and Wine, but I also would like to play the absolute definitive edition of the game as well.

Already put 280 hours into the base game, so I do not know if I am ready to invest that much time again.

Do you think they will add bonus content to an Enhanced Edition?

Do you think they will add bonus content to an Enhanced Edition?

I hope so. I want the omelette scene, dammit! :p Apparently it didn't fit with Yen's character. Right... I mean, literally any other reason could have been provided, and I would find it difficult to argue. However making some food for a hungry sorceress, and trying to lighten the mood in a stressful scene, which is very normal human behaviour, is apparently character breaking. One for Papa Vesemir.

The third act
(after the Battle of Kaer Morhen)
of the game is very lacking, and there's a bunch of cut, or half finished ideas still left in the game files for that part. The ending is also super strange if you've read the books.

Eredin has to be the second worst antagonist they've done, after "Ima Slay Dem" Whoreson Junior. I actually thought Eredin was more compelling in TW1, when he was a ghost and a bit weirdly written. There's a bunch of Wild Hunt content that was voiced, but didn't make it too.

Skellige also needs something, in terms of gameplay. The ocean is boring. The smuggler caches do not work, and break the economy of the game. There are so many sea creatures that they could have been used, like Mermaids, Vodyanoi or Kayran's. They actually showed a mermaid back in the day as well. No idea why it was cut. From the books, I think the best short story was the one called "A Little Sacrifice", and those that have read it would know why. Sh'eenaz was awesome.

I made a massive list of things that could be improved here. which isn't even definitive, in my opinion.

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dw2mPZD.jpg[/IMG]

Oynox

I actually meant physical bonus content. I do not think that they will add more content, since they neglected that already. At least, they said they won't work on new content and I guess reworking the cut content would mean "work on new content".

But never say never, it would be awesome. A final 17th piece of free DLC.

I actually meant physical bonus content. I do not think that they will add more content, since they neglected that already. At least, they said they won't work on new content and I guess reworking the cut content would mean "work on new content".

But never say never, it would be awesome. A final 17th piece of free DLC.

By physical content, do you mean like Gwent decks? I'm not quite understanding.

They could add the new Skelligan one, from B&W.

I don't want to be that guy, but quite a few of the free DLC's were mentioned in the leaked docs from 2013-2014, like Fool's Gold or the Temerian armour set. Yeah, technically they were free, I'm not complaining, but I think they were meant to be in the game, perhaps they didn't have time to finish them or something. Things like NG+ or Skellige's Most Wanted weren't, so those were definitely completely made post launch.

Top Bottom