• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wrap: Christina Hodson scripting the Harley Quinn/Birds of Prey spinoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their article:

Screenwriter Christina Hodson is scripting the Harley Quinn/Birds of Prey spinoff for Warner Bros. and DC Films, TheWrap has learned exclusively.

The film is not a Quinn solo movie, but rather would feature multiple female superheroes — and possibly villains — in the DC Comics universe.

Margot Robbie, last seen as the Harley Quinn in “Suicide Squad,” is attached to reprise her role as Quinn and is also producing the untitled project.

Hodson is a hot commodity, as the screenwriter has made the Black List with scripts three different times since turning to writing four years ago. One of those, her spec script “The Eden Project,” sold in a splashy deal to Sony and Material Pictures. Hodson has also written a reboot of “The Fugitive” for Warner Bros and producer Arnold Kopelson.

Hodson also wrote “Bumblebee,” the first spinoff of Paramount’s billion-dollar “Transformers” franchise, based on the popular Autobot in the series. The studio will shortly go out to directors.
Best of luck to her.

Hagi

This is cool and all but news of a solo Bumblebee movie through me for a loop there. Anyway hopefully we get Batgirl in this or at least Huntress.

I'd be okay with a Gotham City Sirens movie headlined by Harley Quinn but I really don't want her to be shoehorned into the Birds of Prey. I hated Harley in Suicide Squad. Margot Robbie is a good actress but HQ was profoundly unfunny and she would ruin a BoP movie, I really don't think her character would mix well with that team.

But a Sirens movie starring HQ, Katana, Poison Ivy and Catwoman? That could be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom