• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Birds of Prey' movie reveals Harley Quinn voted for Sanders

brap

Banned
This is so fucking deep...
In one scene, Quinn (played by Margot Robbie) is being held by a new villain named Roman Sionis (Ewan McGregor). The quick-tongued heroine starts rattling off a list of ways she could have offended the bad guy, and for a split-second, one option appears on screen: “Voted for Bernie.”

Director Cathy Yan told The Washington Post that credit for the momentary endorsement goes to screenwriter Christina Hodson, adding it is only meant for humor.

“We always knew we wanted to have this string-out of ridiculous things that Roman would get upset at Harley for, so we just kept throwing things out there,” Yan said.

The quick flash of the presidential candidate’s name is what makes the moment “even funnier,” Yan told the outlet.

“There are details like that throughout the film that on first or even second viewing, you say: ‘Did I just see that?’” she added.

Last edited:
SPOILER ALERT WTF

giphy.gif

(I’m kidding)

Grinchy

Banned
So this character, Roman Sionis, hates Bernie Sanders or something? Why would he be upset by her voting for him?

I can’t wait to see who Young Bruce Wayne endorses in “The Batman.” Would be hilarious if he just shows up in a MAGA hat.

This is definitely what our comic book movies have been missing.

Last edited:

brap

Banned
I can’t wait to see who Young Bruce Wayne endorses in “The Batman.” Would be hilarious if he just shows up in a MAGA hat.

This is definitely what our comic book movies have been missing.
I would agree. We need to know who are favorite comic book heroes are voting for in their imaginary land. BTW if Yung BW supports evil nazi cheeto hitler I'm gonna cancel him.

Hamfisted, unfunny, political 'comedy' that paints non far left voters as the bad guys, while completely oblivious to the fact that they're acting as if a psychoticaly violent serial killer is a good guy, in a identity politics laden modern superhero movie?

I'm fucking shocked.

Top Bottom