• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is the new VENOM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomoment

mkspidey7.jpg

Featured in...

MARVEL KNIGHTS SPIDER-MAN #7
Written by MARK MILLAR
Pencils & Cover by TERRY DODSON
"VENOMOUS" PART 3 (OF 4)
This month in the year’s hottest release: Things get worse! Everyone’s favorite symbiote
is back – as only Millar and superstar Terry Dodson could envision him. Hold on to your
spit, there’s a beatdown coming for at least one guy with a spider on his chest!
32 PGS./MARVEL PSR …$2.99
UPC: 5960605521-00711

So, what do you guys think? Love it, or hate it already?

(And yes, I posted this in last week's comic thread, but I don't think anybody was paying attention, anyway)

DCX

DCX
nomoment said:
mkspidey7.jpg

Featured in...

MARVEL KNIGHTS SPIDER-MAN #7
Written by MARK MILLAR
Pencils & Cover by TERRY DODSON
"VENOMOUS" PART 3 (OF 4)
This month in the year’s hottest release: Things get worse! Everyone’s favorite symbiote
is back – as only Millar and superstar Terry Dodson could envision him. Hold on to your
spit, there’s a beatdown coming for at least one guy with a spider on his chest!
32 PGS./MARVEL PSR …$2.99
UPC: 5960605521-00711

So, what do you guys think? Love it, or hate it already?

(And yes, I posted this in last week's comic thread, but I don't think anybody was paying attention, anyway)
...... And he does exactly what compared to OUR Venom? He looks like utter ass.

DCX

belgurdo

Banned
If they were going to base him more on real spiders, then they should have went all out. Pincers, more arms, asshole full of web fluid, etc.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
No....just no. I've never been a big Venom fan, but that crap doesn't fly with me. If they are going to use that design, at least take out those eight eyes, he would look much better without them. But either way that thing is horrible.

nomoment

Haha, maybe I should just say for the record, I love the new Venom look.

Anyways, here's some picture reference of Venom, over the years (in chronological order)

venom.jpg

77906321824.346.gif

smvmmb.jpg

uvenom.jpg

venom1.jpg

Venom just got a little too "kewl" and "X-Treme" for me, if you know what I mean. This seems like more of a throw-back to old, creepy Venom (see McFarlane Venom in first pic).

nomoment

Sriram said:
Its not so much the eyes that I dont like but that stupid mouth. Whats the deal with that?
You're saying the new Venom's mouth is dumber than the big-fucking-teeth-unnecessarily-long-tongue-green-bile-drooling design? WTF?

Sriram

Whether you like the old mouth or not is something different (i liked the old mouth, but not the over the top stuff with green stuff) but this new mouth doesnt look menacing or anything just plain, like a persons mouth as do the eyes.

nomoment

Willco said:
I like it because people will hate it!
That's the spirit!

This thread is a perfect example of why most people are still stuck in the 90s, comics-wise. Readers complain about why the 90s sucked, yet none of them really want things to change!

Willco

Hollywood Square
C'mon! The old Venom isn't even that great. It's black suit Spider-Man with more muscles and teeth! Wow!

Bob White

BAH! Most comic drawings of Venom SUCK ASS!

Capcom Venom for life!

Off topic but....

War Batman finding a symbiote suit of his own. Rack em!

COCKLES

being watched
I always loved how big and hulking venom looked looming over teeny Parker/Spiderman.

Having said that I'd rather have Nu Venom then another movie with Rami's retarded Goblin.

lordmrw

I've got no problems with it, I'm just wondering why go with purple I see on it. And Erik Larsen and every other artist that drew Venom with a 60 inch jaw and 10 gallons of green spit can go to hell.

Malakhov

Banned
teepo said:
seriously... how many of you guys are really venom fans?
I am, like I said, one of the biggest fan there was before I stopped collecting comics. I was buying all of his mini-series etc...

He was the shitznit.

Socreges

Banned
So.... this new Venom... looks less human... more alien..... umm. Is it the human-like body? The more human-like mouth? Or the eight eyes which are meant to imitate a spider's?

Any time you'd like to begin making sense, that would be great.

Future Trunks

lemme tell you something son, this guy is SO FARKING HUGE HE'LL FLEX AND DESTROY THE SUN no shit
Dunno. I've always liked Bagley's Venom the bestestestest.

Something about the teeth, the slobber, in combination with the veinous/ripped-steroid bodybuilder look seems to appeal to me.

VenomDie.gif

Socreges said:
So.... this new Venom... looks less human... more alien..... umm. Is it the human-like body? The more human-like mouth? Or the eight eyes which are meant to imitate a spider's?

He just seems more alien-like to me. I didn't thought about the 8 eyes though. But this doesn't look like a disguise, but more like a creature (unlike some of the Venom).

All this is IMO, and If I'm not making any sense, that's because I'm a MK Spider-Man fanboy. This comics got a lot of undeserved hate lately.

nomoment

Socreges said:

Looks more like an alien to me, too.

How did the old Venom look like an alien? Because it looked like a crocodile that just swam out of a toilet?

nomoment

Malakhov said:
I am, like I said, one of the biggest fan there was before I stopped collecting comics. I was buying all of his mini-series etc...

He was the shitznit.
Thanks for helping ruin the industry! *snicker*

nomoment

mightynine said:
Refresh my memory, sports fans. Was Larsen the first to draw Venom with the spit and the Gene Simmons tongue on steroids?
Yes.

McFarlane's Venom looked fine till Erik "Savage Dragon sucks" Larsen fucked it up.

G4life98

but even the nu-venom doesnt look that alien, just lamer and less menacing and hopefully i dont have to see much of it while reading mk spidey.

Claus

Banned
The mouth kinda throws it off. It makes him look like a nice guy. Kinda like some guy just threw on a black suit with 8 white dots for eyes.

The new Venom looks like shit...I like the classic Venom best for sure. My fondest memory of Venom? Playing as him in the Sega Genesis Spider-Man game...I forget what it's called...Maximum Carnage?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Maximum Carnage, the game, kicked ass.

This new Venom design is awful. It's so plain and unthreatening.

Future Trunks

lemme tell you something son, this guy is SO FARKING HUGE HE'LL FLEX AND DESTROY THE SUN no shit
ToyMachine228 said:
The new Venom looks like shit...I like the classic Venom best for sure. My fondest memory of Venom? Playing as him in the Sega Genesis Spider-Man game...I forget what it's called...Maximum Carnage?

I believe the Genesis one was "Spider-Man" (and the Saturn had the title amended to Spider-Man vs the Kingpin - I could be wrong though). Where at the end you had to put the key cards into the proper slots or the city exploded. That was a good game. You had to take pics to buy more web fluid.

Wait, was Maximum Carnage on the Genesis too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom