• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is the new VENOM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I blame this on some kind of communication problem.

Marvel probably told the artist responsible for the redesign that they wanted the NEW VENOM to look REALLY BAAAAAAAAD!!!!

...and he did just that.

Just not in the same way they meant it.

nomoment

Dan said:
Maximum Carnage, the game, kicked ass.

This new Venom design is awful. It's so plain and unthreatening.
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT?

Maximum Carnage sucked. It sucked on the SNES, and it sucked on the Genesis. 90s comic fanboys I can tolerate, but lovers-of-bad-16-bit-era games? HELLZ NO.

The Bookerman said:
Venom is McFarlane's best creation EVER!

Umm.... McFarlance did NOT create Venom all by himself, as much as McFarlane likes to lie about that. He co-created the character with writer David Micheline [sic?].

FortNinety said:
Umm.... McFarlance did NOT create Venom all by himself, as much as McFarlane likes to lie about that. He co-created the character with writer David Micheline [sic?].

I knwo that.

But at least Venom's a better character than Spawn will ever be.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
McFarlane and Larsen's Venom > *

This Venom looks like ass... way to kill a great character Marvel.... if they make this "venom" the movie I will kick Stan Lee in the nuts myself

XS+

Banned
Thanks for freaking the sh@$% out of an arachnophobic, Jiji.

Venom's basic design's definitely gone overboard from what McFarlane/Larsen drew. That said I don't like the new six eyes thing and he needs to look more hulkish. Not an improvement imo. Venom ought to look like a pissed off 'roided up version of Spidey's Secret Wars costume, and the redesign doesn't show any evidence of that.

Blackace said:

This Venom looks like ass... way to kill a great character Marvel.... if they make this "venom" the movie I will kick Stan Lee in the nuts myself

What do you want Stan Lee to do. He doesn't do anything.

nomoment

Blackace said:

Stan Lee had nothing to with Venom. For saying that, Stan Lee should kick YOU in the nuts.

Spike Spiegel said:
"Not Actual Cover"
Somebody actually did his homework! The picture is actually Frank Cho (interior) artwork from MK: Spider-Man #5. Doesn't change a thing, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom