• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is Whats Going To Happen To Nintendo Fans When Switch 2 Gets Announced

If your expectations are a PS5 in your hands then yeah.
But It's gonna get more Japanese third party support than the Series consoles though 😬
Highly doubt it will be PS5 level/visual performance. Would love to be wrong, but its just not what Nintendo does anymore unless they have all off a sudden decided to change their ways. I really miss the Gamecube era. Such an underrated system and I miss Mario Sunshine.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
That’s the biggest load of hindsight bias I’ve read in quite a while.
Keep telling yourself that. It was a more stupid name than the Wii (a terrible name) and it cam across as an add-on. I love gaming and I was confused by whether it was an add on screen to the Wii.

Robb

Gold Member
Keep telling yourself that. It was a more stupid name than the Wii (a terrible name) and it cam across as an add-on. I love gaming and I was confused by whether it was an add on screen to the Wii.
I don’t have to. Find a single estimate from anyone prior to the launch of the WiiU that predicted it to sell less than 13% of the Wii.

If you can’t find that on the entire internet, you certainly didn’t predict that yourself.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I don’t have to. Find a single estimate from anyone prior to the launch of the WiiU that predicted it to sell less than 13% of the Wii.

If you can’t find that on the entire internet, you certainly didn’t predict that yourself.

Nintendo lowered the projections prior to release

Even Michael Pachter predicted it.
L O fucking L!

A lad in Nintendo thought the same. I wonder where he ended up in the company.

JimboJones

You can spin it anyway you like Nintendo has fucked up before and paid for it in sales, there isn't a contingent of Nintendo fans large enough to bail them out.
In fact I could sit here and spin that it doesn't matter was Sony puts out, as they sell consistently well over there past generations so there is obviously Sony fans willing to buy anything they put out.
But I'm not going to do that, cause it's dumb.(and also ignoring the vita)

Robb

Gold Member
Nintendo lowered the projections prior to release

Even Michael Pachter predicted it.
L O fucking L!

A lad in Nintendo thought the same. I wonder where he ended up in the company.

Do you read what you post?

The first article is about Nintendo overall, not WiiU sales. They lowered their projection due to slow Wii and 3DS sales, it even says:
It's not all bad news, though, as the company is reporting they expect 5.5 million Wii Uconsoles to be sold before the end of the fiscal year — the console launches in November — which should presumably help correct this downward trend.

There’s zero numbers in your Michael Patcher article (same with the last one). Patcher estimated at least 30-50M (and those numbers are after the launch of the console), not even close to 13M.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Do you read what you post?

The first article is about Nintendo overall, not WiiU sales. They lowered their projection due to slow Wii and 3DS sales, it even says:

There’s zero numbers in your Michael Patcher article (same with the last one). Patcher estimated 30-50M, not even close to 13M.
You thought we all predicted a failure at 13m? It is a failure when you sell 100m consoles (Wii) and the next console sells half of it. 50m would still be a failure. Failure was predicted but no one expected Nintendo management would have allowed such a self made disaster happen.

Xbox One is a failure. It sold poorly compared to the 360.

PS3 is a failure. It sold poorly compared to the PS2.

The Wii U would still be a failure at 40m sales.

QED

ManaByte

Gold Member
Please don't hate me.
bf8.gif

Robb

Gold Member
You thought we all predicted a failure at 13m? It is a failure when you sell 100m consoles (Wii) and the next console sells half of it. 50m would still be a failure. Failure was predicted but no one expected Nintendo management would have allowed such a self made disaster happen.

Xbox One is a failure. It sold poorly compared to the 360.

PS3 is a failure. It sold poorly compared to the PS2.

The Wii U would still be a failure at 40m sales.

QED
I’ll give you that a failure might have been obvious to some, because that’s purely subjective. Might as well have been considered a failure by some if it sold 1M less than the Wii.

The failure wasn’t. Which is what I mean.

Last edited:

Deerock71

In my eyes, GameCube is still the best Nintendo Hardware ever created, with some of the best Games.
It's the last time they tried competing with powah against Sony and Microsoft. Unfortunately, they NintenD'OHed the purple lunch box and gimped controller MISSING A FUCKING BUTTON COMMON ON ALL OTHER CONTROLLERS.
Leaving Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

Caio

It's the last time they tried competing with powah against Sony and Microsoft. Unfortunately, they NintenD'OHed the purple lunch box and gimped controller MISSING A FUCKING BUTTON COMMON ON ALL OTHER CONTROLLERS.
Leaving Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons
I loved GC for the games it had, and what about the comparison in terms of graphics, IQ, performance, gameplay, innovation, originality, with the rival consoles ? I was proud of games like Viewtiful Joe, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time,
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Pikmin 1 and 2, F-Zero GX, Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, Super Mario Sunshine,
Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime, Star Wars Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron II, SoulCalibur II, etc etc. That was insane quality, from every point of view, that's why I loved the GC.

Last edited:

acm2000

Game fans will buy it because Nintendo makes better games than Sony does. Boom.
good try but i dont own a playstation so dont care, which is also the way i feel about nintendos IPs :LOL:

nintendo are the masters of the old school genres like platformers and the like, games i just dont play. they are also masters at getting the most out of lacklustre hardware as they are forced to be super efficient to get them running as they do

Deerock71

I loved GC for the games it had, and what about the comparison in terms of graphics, IQ, performance, gameplay, innovation, originality, with the rival consoles ? I was proud of games like Viewtiful Joe, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time,
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Pikmin 1 and 2, F-Zero GX, Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, Super Mario Sunshine,
Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime, Star Wars Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron II, SoulCalibur II, etc etc. That was insane quality, from every point of view, that's why I loved the GC.
If they had only given parity to 3rd parties for control options, instead of making them have to re-tool. Nobody loves Nintendo around here more than me, but I fully acknowledge they make weird, unforced errors that other companies probably are grateful for.

The Switch bucked that trend.

SHA

Nintendo with it's unavoidable accessories just like Apple, expensive, unreasonable, but everyone wants it anyway.

Skelterz

Talking about the Wii u the sad thing is it was actually a great system but nobody including Nintendo were able to utilise what they created in a meaningful way, I got one and I loved it but it was a dark period for Nintendo 😂.

Talking about the Wii u the sad thing is it was actually a great system but nobody including Nintendo were able to utilise what they created in a meaningful way, I got one and I loved it but it was a dark period for Nintendo 😂.
Wii U was a cursed console as much as the Xbox One was for Microsoft and the PS3 for Sony.

Last edited:

Codes 208

Wii U was a cursed console as much as the Xbox One was for Microsoft and the PS3 for Sony.
yeah, give or take the 40+ mil that the xb1 managed to sell in its lifetime or the 80+m for ps3

Honestly the only other modern console by one of the big three that got hit hard like the wii u was the vita.

yeah, give or take the 40+ mil that the xb1 managed to sell in its lifetime or the 80+m for ps3

Honestly the only other modern console by one of the big three that got hit hard like the wii u was the vita.
Whether PS3 or the Xbox One sold well or not is irrelevant. Those consoles were considered to be the dark ages of the respective console manufacturers by the gaming public and industry as a whole. They had too many problems and were recieved much more negatively. Sony would of went bankrupt if the PS3/360 ers didn't last as long as it did.

Last edited:
Top Bottom