• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is why Symphonic power metal is amazing

SantaC

What an amazing performance by Kamelot, this was the song that made me a symphonic power metal fan. Not just the music, but the over the top show also.

<3 Elize

qoty2bW.jpg

JayK47

I love a lot of symphonic metal bands, but I just do not like Kamelot. I tend to prefer female leads, so I enjoy Epica, Dark Sarah, Delain (now broken up :messenger_crying: ), Diabulus in Musica, Within Temptation and Nightwish.

Pejo

Gold Member
If you think that's something, you should have seen prime GWAR shows. Music was way worse, but what a performance.

Actually, I'm not sure if the average person would really appreciate a GWAR show, now that I spent some time looking for a video example. It's probably just a me thing.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I like this. I also like meatloaf this kind of the same operatic over the top music. I love it. Not ironically. As in I love it. Nat out of hell one of the greatest rocks songs ever. Queen and Bohemian Rhapsody.

Night wish was the band I got into that were similar to Kamelot. But not too familiar with all metal like this. Can anyone suggest me some?

I like this. I also like meatloaf this kind of the same operatic over the top music. I love it. Not ironically. As in I love it. Nat out of hell one of the greatest rocks songs ever. Queen and Bohemian Rhapsody.

Night wish was the band I got into that were similar to Kamelot. But not too familiar with all metal like this. Can anyone suggest me some?

Serenity are hella underrated. This track is epic

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
I don't know why this type of music isn't more popular over here. It almost never gets played on sirusxm Liquid Metal for instance. I love it though.

SantaC

I don't know why this type of music isn't more popular over here. It almost never gets played on sirusxm Liquid Metal for instance. I love it though.
By over here do you mean North America? It is funny because Kamelot is American.

jason10mm

Gold Member
By over here do you mean North America? It is funny because Kamelot is American.
Yeah, NA. The current state of metal here is pretty sad. I won't even dignify Clear Channel as they were never much into anything past nu-metal but siriusXM has a venue that ought to have more of this stuff.

Hopefully post-covid we get more touring megafestivals. Damn I miss Ozzfest.

Top Bottom