• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THURSDAYTON.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
pollo said:
i didnt go to see my girlfriend, who i wont be seeing for 4 months if i didnt go today, just to see what the thursdayton is about.
i told u i was hardcore

lexi

Banned
pollo said:
ive halted reading sachs' "the end of poverty" just to f5 this page to death.
oh sigh
i didnt go to see my girlfriend, who i wont be seeing for 4 months if i didnt go today, just to see what the thursdayton is about.
this is sad...if this turns out to be nothing im punching my comp screen and cursing nintendo.

owned-mickey2.jpg

Acrylamid

Goreomedy said:
I just drove by my local movie theater to get breakfast. There were people standing in line for some reason. I made a U-turn, rolled down my window and screamed out, "What are you doing? Are you not aware of Thursdayton?!" Amongst the blank stares and "huh?"s, one guy screamed out, "oh shit!", ran from the line, and got into his car.

It was all worth it, saving just that one soul.

Where will YOU be come the angelic trumpet's blare?
IMO, this was the funniest post of the thread, I literally started laughing out loud. I hope you didn't make this scene up, it just seems so awesome, it has to be true. :D

BarneyBP

You won't see your girlfriend for four months, but if you didn't stay today, you wouldn't see Thursdayton for a whole year.

You made the right call.

Lakitu

st5fu
pollo said:

Wow that sucks, I'd never ever sacrifice spending time with my girlfriend for anything video games. It looks like you will be punching your computer screen since it's not true.

pollo

Banned
its all Drinky Crow's fault. He made it so damn convincing that..i ...cant...abstain..must..wait..must..thusdayton..

I .....believe.

shoplifter

pollo said:

then you truly will be owned, regardless of what this is/isn't.

heavenly

These patents were filed a long time ago, but they all just showed up on the US Patent site on the 17th, Tuesday:

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-...0&Query= isd/5/17/2005+and+nintendo &d=ptxt

1, 2, 4, and 5 were submitted by Nintendo.

3 was submitted by Immersion Co., but had to have come up relating to Nintendo because 'Nintendo' was in the search...

...that patent sites these references, some of which sound VERY interesting:

"Force-Feedback Cursor Control,"
"Commercially Viable Force Feedback Controller for Individuals w/Neuromotor Disabilities,"
"Evaluation of a Force Feedback (Haptic) Computer pointing Device in Zero Gravity,"
"Implementation of Stiff Virtual Walls in Force-Reflecting Interfaces,"
"Perceptual Design of a Virtual Rigid Surface Contact,"
"The use of force feedback to enhance graphical user interfaces,"
"Application Areas for a Force-Feedback Joystick,"

Hmm...

Quoted from commenter on the mozlapunk blog:

"Augmented Reality Immersion Entertainment System (ARIES)

The Revolution will project holograms, or rather, mix the virtual with the real. This fits with everything that's been said about the Revolution, and speaks to the ability to make your own games - literally create your own physical levels and have game characters interact with them. Holy crap."

http://sonix.sdv.fr:8080/ramgen/arte/tracks/20040603/immersion.rm

Immersion... the name of the company that came up with patents involving Nintendo and the 'force feedback' stuff.

This looks exactly like what was going on in the Metroid part of the Nintendo ON video.

Double Hmm...

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
The Revolution will project holograms, or rather, mix the virtual with the real. This fits with everything that's been said about the Revolution, and speaks to the ability to make your own games - literally create your own physical levels and have game characters interact with them. Holy crap."
TEH HOLOGROMES! IT'S REAL! THE PRESS CONFERENCE WAS ALL FAKE, TINA WOOD IS A HOLAGROM

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
pollo said:
ive halted reading sachs' "the end of poverty" just to f5 this page to death.
oh sigh
this is sad...if this turns out to be nothing im punching my comp screen and cursing nintendo.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Mr Gump

Banned
Nothing is happening, move along people. Drinky could of baited more people if he didnt go too far with the act though.

WASTED YOU IDIOT

El_Victor

Drinky Crow said:
reggie

drinky crow feels the ownage in 13 minutes
What does that mean?
You're a nut! You're crazy in the coconut!
What.does.that.mean? That boy needs therapy
I'm gonna kill you, that boy needs therapy

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Drinky Crow said:
reggie

drinky crow feels the ownage in 13 minutes

I just drew my arms in to my sides, flapped my hands like a drunken hummingbird, and squealed "Oh My God" in a repeating burst until I dry heaved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom