• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THURSDAYTON.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TigerKnee

pollo said:
whatever screw the haters
see this is what separates ninfans from the rest of yall. At least we have heart and soul, and are willing to stick with our loyalties to the bitter end. Sure we might disappointed now and then, but in the end nintendo in our eyes has delivered. And thats all that matters. We still have faith in something real, and we aren't quick to sell our souls to the fastest processors or the glitziest gadgets.

I believe

if youre a nintendo fan say it with me now. I believe.

I BELIEVE.

HOLY SHIT!!! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Ok man! Whatever makes you happy!

I BELIEVE TOO!!!!

soul.less

Banned
From that IGN link...

IGNcube: Will you make Kid Icarus for Revolution?

Shigeru Miyamoto: Well, I'm actually working really closely right now with the director of the [original] game. Now, whether or not when we get the Revolution all set up and everything is finalized, well who knows? That might be one of those characters where everybody says, "Hey, with the way our console is designed, that would be a perfect match." My question to you is, if we made this game would you buy it?

IGNcube: Absolutely.

Shigeru Miyamoto: Well, we obviously can't ignore that. Okay, we'll get the Eggplant Wizard coming back.

Kid Icarus for Revolution?

No 3rd parties????

IGNcube: Can we expect Nintendo to collaborate with more third parties on Revolution games?

Shigeru Miyamoto: At this point, we've only been talking with a few companies. However, if other companies come forward and they want to join us to work with us to create games, of course that would be great for us. One thing we want to make sure that we don't do is have too many games of the same type or genre. We don't want too many games involving the same themes or characters.

Diffense

Miyamoto

As far as the Revolution is concerned, development is going really well. But at the same time, this is a trade show and we want to concentrate on our business for this year. So rather than rush out in a panic and try to get a bunch of information out to people, we want to give out some of the general concepts and we're going to save everything else for when we're all set. Next year, when it's the year of the Revolution, we'll bring out everything from under the wrapping paper.

Next-Year-Ton! ;)

Seriously, I called the nature of what would be shown way before any of this hooplah. It's about DS and Zelda this E3

Kon Tiki

Banned
IGNcube: We don't have any "tech specs" for Revolution. We don't have an educated idea or an estimate of how powerful the machine will be. Can you shed some light?

Shigeru Miyamoto: Let me pose a question to you. When we launched the Nintendo DS, we didn't really say too much about its power. Do you think we've suffered?

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Rev is confirmed to be shit.

Leatherface

Nintendo is insane. They are so screwed. I can't believe this is their E3 showing and they're doing the same old shit they always do. I can't say I'm overly surprised, but damn... They've lost their fucking minds. The just let Sony and Microsoft gain a ton of hype. amers will eat it up and Nintendo will be left in the dust wondering why no one cares.

fucking sad. I somehow thought they just *may* be getting their shit together. Nintendowned indeed. =(

Leatherface said:
Nintendo is insane. They are so screwed. I can't believe this is their E3 showing and they're doing the same old shit they always do. I can't say I'm overly surprised, but damn... They've lost their fucking minds. The just let Sony and Microsoft gain a ton of hype. amers will eat it up and Nintendo will be left in the dust wondering why no one cares.

fucking sad. I somehow thought they just *may* be getting their shit together. Nintendowned indeed. =(

well what it does do is give Nintendo a SHITLOAD of HYPE for next year. They are keeping their load for as long as possible before splurging it onto the masses

Leatherface

MrPing1000 said:
well what it does do is give Nintendo a SHITLOAD of HYPE for next year. They are keeping their load for as long as possible before splurging it onto the masses

As a big Nintendo fan, I can say the "hype" has turned to utter disappointment. Year after year they build us up and let us down. I have no "hype" left in me for Nintendo. I'm truely sad for gaming right now.

BarneyBP

Let's just focus on getting Thursdaytona 500 to its 1,500th post. That should wrap things up nicely and we can lock this bad boy down before we all go our seperate ways

pestul

If thier next system is significantly underpowered compared to the competition (<75% of Xbox 360), I won't even consider it despite thier great franchises. If they can't develop a console that is both innovative and powerful, then I think it's time to let the big boys do the hardware, and Nintendo should stick with making games. <cries himself to sleep>

Name a single instance of Nintendo hype that HASN'T INVOLVED MESSAGE BOARD POSTERS? Matt hypes, guys on GA hype. Nintendo has never hyped. And even IF Revolution isn't as powerful as 360, I doubt we'll see much of a difference in the grand scheme of things.

Acrylamid

Do The Mario said:
Thread over.
Wait, why is everyone leaving this thread?
Isn't it 10:50 AM right now in Los Angeles?
There's plenty of time to celebrate Thursdayton, no need to rush out Fridayton.
If Drinky Crow were a Nintendo Fan, he could have milked the Thursdayton franchise much better:
Thursdayton is playing golf.
Thursdayton is dancing.

Now everyone will steal Fridayton's innovations, I bet we'll see a water pack in Segaton 2: Matrix Noline.
:(

basik

they seem to be stalling for time on gs live. they mentioned they are playing this game contest with god of war because someone was late.

Bob White

I just drove by my local movie theater to get breakfast. There were people standing in line for some reason. I made a U-turn, rolled down my window and screamed out, "What are you doing? Are you not aware of Thursdayton?!" Amongst the blank stares and "huh?"s, one guy screamed out, "oh shit!", ran from the line, and got into his car.

Just because this is one of the best things I've EVER read on GAF, I had to quote it.

Also, people who think nintendo isnt about being in 1st place again, just wait..... :)

Reggie said THEY're GOING TO SHOW THE CONTROLLER WHEN THEIR COMPETIORS HAVE LOCKED DOWN THEIR SPECS so THAT THEY CANNOT STEAL NINTENDO's CONCEPT

Why don't they find a way to patent, trademark and copyright the damn controller. Don't they realize that after all this secrecy, when they finally reveal it, their competitors can STILL copy it?

Sony Playstation controller replaced by dualshock with analog sticks and rumble in response to N64 controller and rumble pak - after Sony had already 'locked' in the design and was even selling in the market.

Unless the controller requires the console itself to be hardwired a certain way, down to how the processors, memory, etc... work, their design will be stolen in time if the competition wants to steal it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom