• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THURSDAYTON.

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEW Genres

new mix of Genres

(i cant spell, am cry)

some guy asking about Mario 128 - all Reggie can show is what Myiamoto allows him to show

HE APPOLOGIZES that he cant show it, because he has to suck Myiamoto's big,,.. aw nevermind

GameSpot fucking OWNS IGN.. IGN Livewire was motherfucking SHIT... this GameSpot interview kicks ass (largely because of the questions from the crowd)

Reggie fucking RULES

xsarien

daedsiluap
Gaia Theory said:
Why don't they find a way to patent, trademark and copyright the damn controller.

Whatever the big, stupid secret is, a patent can only protect you so far. The technology can be reversed engineered, examined, and rebuilt in a way that completely dances around the patent filing.

Nintendo's just trying to hype it, though. I'm sure it's not something so huge that Sony and Microsoft will smack themselves for not thinking of it first.

In all honesty, they need someone who seems less nervous doing the interviews.

Then again, maybe he was afraid REGGIE SMASH WITH MICRO if he asked the wrong question.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
There you have it, Thursdayton was that Nintendo want crappy publishers/developers to work on revolution...GO THQ GO!

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Drexon said:
He's talking about mixing FPS' and other genres (obviously thinking about the controller ability). I say touchscreen. :)

I think his comment about "needing to combine the original NES, SNES, N64, and Gamecube controllers into one interface" also points to customization. I'm thinking a "smart" touch-sensitive controller that can be altered to meet the needs of each developer. An evolution of the classic overlay system, if you will.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Hehe, funny..apparently Sony and MS reps were invited - as a roundtable kind of thing, but seemingly they were scared of Reggie ;)

"Keep hanging with us" - Reggie

OMG, a signal! FRIDAYTON!

Okay, so the controller is all revolutionary and stuff. What else is Rev going to offer? A totally different and unique online system or something? Theyre gonna need the power if all theyre going to do is use a new type of controller

Scoobert

I think who ever said it earlier pretty much nailed it. Being able to download new games from small developers onto the Revolution. How Reggie talked about having support from big devs and how they want smaller devs on the Revolution. It just seems that is the only way to get the smalls devs on the new system.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
blackadde said:
Touchscreen == no tactile feedback == oh my god please no.

Unless each game comes with a textured faceplate that you snap over the touch screen.

Remember the 80's? Meeehhahaahahagggrrrraaahhhhh! ::ZAP::

bdoughty

Banned
I will reveal the Nintendo Controller which is not a controller at all, it's a DVD.

B00005JM3A.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Wee backawards and forwards compatibility!

Ziggy - Shiggy... Conicidence? I think not.

pR0gR4m3R

midnightguy said:
Reggie said THEY're GOING TO SHOW THE CONTROLLER WHEN THEIR COMPETIORS HAVE LOCKED DOWN THEIR SPECS so THAT THEY CANNOT STEAL NINTENDO's CONCEPT

This is so stupid coming from Reggie or whoever.. how Ms and sony are about the steal a concept when Ps3 and X360 theyve already shown their concepts and ideas.. even the pads.. they got their idea showed... will ever nintendo dare to step ahead and show us something interesting??

Not asking for a megaton.. asking for pure and simple INFORMATION...

Ford Prefect

GAAAAAAAAY
Okay, there is no way I'm going back through all these pages to get caught up- has ANYTHING of importance happened between pages 15 and 31?

Scoobert said:
I think who ever said it earlier pretty much nailed it. Being able to download new games from small developers onto the Revolution. How Reggie talked about having support from big devs and how they want smaller devs on the Revolution. It just seems that is the only way to get the smalls devs on the new system.

It makes you wonder if big developer gamers you'll have to buy and smaller developers you can just dl?

Chrono

Banned
Ford Prefect said:
Any more quotes of supposed bs by people pretending to be in the know? Was Aries proven fake without a doubt?

Aries is some poster on a message forum who wanted to help nintendo hype the revolution. if you go back in this thread someone posted captures of a PM conversation with someone else.

Timen

Ford Prefect said:
Any more quotes of supposed bs by people pretending to be in the know? Was Aries proven fake without a doubt?

there were some screenshots around page 15 of 16 i guess so you can check them out but in general, they were proven wong because nothing has happened.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
DRINKY WHERE IS MY OUTRUN 2SP ANNOUNCEMENT?????

That was a great GameSpot interview. They even asked Reggie about the Nintendoon video. :lol
He said they'd love to hire the guy who made it. Another interesting thing he said about the controller was that we should imagine something that will play every Nintendo game. He said all the controllers are pretty different so the REV controller will have to be something capable of controlling NES, SNES, N64, GC and REV games.
Reggie is an awesome spokesperson for Nintendo.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
president-bush.jpg

I hear there's some rumors on the internets about drinky crow and fridayton.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
FortNinety said:
Christ, I decide to skip out on the GAF for just one day and see what happens?! :lol :lol :lol
You chose a great day to skip. :lol

FightyF

Banned
YES! Thread unlocked and now over 100,000 views! Thumbs up to the Mod that made it all happen. Such a beautiful, wonderful, and magical moment in GA history.

Just a sec, I got an eyelash in my eye...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom