• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

Dahaka

hey guys,

I started playing Titanfall during the last week and really like it despite not being really good with the gamepad as I'm not used to MP-gamepadding at all and played (first person) shooters almost exclusively on PC so far.

Is anyone in a similar position as me? Totally noobish but starting to fall in love with this game? Damn I can't wait to get home tonight. :DDDDDDDDD

SwolBro

Banned
Just bought and xbox one. Is this game still active? Thinking about buying it.

Absolutely alive and thriving. Every month there is a sale. I think you can get this game for $8 right now. And remember all the map packs are free and they just consolidated some playlists.

It's in a good place right now with thousands of people on per day. I've seen peak numbers of around 8-10k on weekends. Normally it hovers around 4-6k.

This is the best FPS in years. Trust me. Get into it, high skill ceiling but easy to jump into.

manfestival

how do you guys manage to kill so many minions? I feel like the most I can kill in a GOOD game is like 30. That is with like 10-12 pilot kills and like 4-6 titan kills

Killing minions fast isn't too hard. First of all, minion detector, and then as a pilot the Smart Pistol is by far the fastest minion-killing weapon, and then in a Titan a Stryder with non-capacitor Arc Cannon would probably be fastest, you can chain murder minions without charging up at all, or maybe you need just a little, either way it's super fast.

how do you guys manage to kill so many minions? I feel like the most I can kill in a GOOD game is like 30. That is with like 10-12 pilot kills and like 4-6 titan kills

Minion detector is essential (every loadout I use in Attrition has it). Clearing out a full squad (four) minions will cause another drop pod to spawn, and if you're looking at your minimap you can usually find it as soon as it lands and walk over all of 'em in a Titan for quick kills, or just lob an Arc Grenade their way. Other than that, just move quickly through the map and try to pick off anything you can. If you see a minion run into a building or somewhere where you can't get at it, just pass it by and keep going. The #1 tip for increasing your score is just to keep moving and find easy targets to shoot!

SwolBro

Banned

Don't farm minions. You'll never get good at the game which means you'll never truly experience how Titanfall really plays when it opens up to you. . Play more CTF

Ensoul

I did buy this for the Xbox 360 when it came out so I am glad I double dipped on the one version. Forget about how fun this game was. There was about 6500 people playing last night so I'm happy to see the game is still active.

Screenshot-Original.png

So this happened before heading off to work (^____^)

HelloMeow

Installing the game again.

Gonna regret it :D

Yup uninstall. Why do I even bother. I've got a 980 now and I can't even get a solid 60fps. My 770 could.

SwolBro

Banned
finally going to be taking a break from this because of Gears. i wonder how long it will take until i get the itch to come back.

Played this game first time in a couple months. First game was a bit awkward. My mouse has an issue where the right click sometimes registers as a double click and basically it isn't really that reliable for ADS.

Second game I absolutely dominated, as per usual. This game is really easy to me, especially after playing games with much longer ttk like dirty bomb, or CSGO with that absolute precision requirement. I remember before when I played TF I would constantly get a lot of kills aiming for the body. But now just automatically I am aiming for the head and its just too easy.

Titan combat came back to me second nature though. Its all about baiting and getting those hard shots while your opponent misses or you dodge it.

Not sure if it was worth the download just to play a few games though, lol. I also might have to delete it just to get some of that space back. Been planning on trying blacklight retribution again...

So, I think I'm putting together one last montage for Titanfall to give it a proper send off since this fall has eaten away most everyone except the most dedicated. If you have any clips that you think are cool, link / send them to me and I'll see if I can include them.

E92 M3

So, I think I'm putting together one last montage for Titanfall to give it a proper send off since this fall has eaten away most everyone except the most dedicated. If you have any clips that you think are cool, link / send them to me and I'll see if I can include them.

I'll look through some of mine.

SwolBro

Banned
So, I think I'm putting together one last montage for Titanfall to give it a proper send off since this fall has eaten away most everyone except the most dedicated.
Dude, people are already coming back. After fall the base will be back at a steady 5000-6000 players per day. No one stays away for that long. The other games released aren't that good.

Bruh, you can kill 30 PILOTS in a good CTF game.

30? I've gone up to about 60,70, 80 once. I think one person even did 100 during one of those free EA access weekends.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Dude, people are already coming back. After fall the base will be back at a steady 5000-6000 players per day. No one stays away for that long. The other games released aren't that good.
Game took a BIG upswing on PC right around the release of BO3 beta. Doubled (if not tripled) numbers all around, the tight community is awesome to be with, lots of good players returning and of course fresh people still coming in every day (gotta watch out for the SP and camper complainers tho, kinda puts a dampener on things)

Before that I only had problems finding people at night/early morning and had to connect to US servers, nowadays that's no biggy anymore

SwolBro

Banned
Game took a BIG upswing on PC right around the release of BO3 beta. Doubled (if not tripled) numbers all around, the tight community is awesome to be with, lots of good players returning and of course fresh people still coming in every day (gotta watch out for the SP and camper complainers tho, kinda puts a dampener on things)

Before that I only had problems finding people at night/early morning and had to connect to US servers, nowadays that's no biggy anymore

Haha that's funny. There was an upswing on Xbox as well. It was because people wanted to prep their parkouring prior to Blop3.

Needless to say a lot of them got horribly crushed. Blop3 and Titanfall parkour are nothing alike. Parkour IS the way you need to traverse the maps in Titanfall. Parkour in BLop3 is pretty much just a gimmick. I hope after this holiday season more people come back to Titanfall. There's just nothign else that can compare.

TF2 could really crush everything. I hope they do it right.

I've been away from it on PC for the first time since launch, because of halo 5.

I'm actually excited to move back to playing more again, just nice to finally have another game that challenges it's enjoyment for a bit.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Spread the message! More people need to play this again, personally I find the Xbone version too slow but hey it definitely beats everything else. I laughed my ass off when I saw the exact same hangar map from TF get used in BO3, blatant is one thing, ripping off is another. Shame really.

And TF2 is definitely gonna kill EVERYTHING. Y'all right on that one for sure, PC version could do without the aim assist IMO tho

Got on last night- 300 people online worldwide on PC. Ouch.
PC version could do without the aim assist IMO tho
It only activated when you used a controller, and with how quickly you need to snap around at even moderate levels of play controllers still were completely inferior to K+M. If it gets more people playing the PC version, they should absolutely keep it in.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Got on last night- 300 people online worldwide on PC. Ouch.

It only activated when you used a controller, and with how quickly you need to snap around at even moderate levels of play controllers still were completely inferior to K+M. If it gets more people playing the PC version, they should absolutely keep it in.
Are you sure about this one? So I can assume things that look off about a kill is because of network lag?

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
yes, he is right.

if a kill looks weird to you it's either;

1. latency related

2. hackz

3. git gud
Thanks man, good to know there's no aim assist. What do y'all make of this kill? I've seen hackusations thrown around a lot in TF but really I've never actually heard of people hacking (although it probably has to exist still in some sort of form since they have that playlist where you can only play against other cheaters when you're caught). If this person's kill was legit, props to his reaction speed

http://www.twitch.tv/nemo7x/v/30231360

Somewhere inside me there's this itch where I want to try out a hack, get caught then get thrown into that hacks playlist and see how good I can fare against those players without using one for myself :p I could try out joining a clan or something and play against good people in organized matches but it's too much of a pain for me to do that, every now and then I still find good good players in Europe around evening/night time

edit, coincidentally I played a few matches against good players just now and had probably one of my favorite pilot VS titan moment ever.

http://www.twitch.tv/nemo7x/v/30239204

Someone show me a more badass teamwork moment in TF than this, I don't even care if it was by chance :) Not to mention getting from titan to titan in under a minute

SwolBro

Banned
Thanks man, good to know there's no aim assist. What do y'all make of this kill? I've seen hackusations thrown around a lot in TF but really I've never actually heard of people hacking (although it probably has to exist still in some sort of form since they have that playlist where you can only play against other cheaters when you're caught). If this person's kill was legit, props to his reaction speed

http://www.twitch.tv/nemo7x/v/30231360

Somewhere inside me there's this itch where I want to try out a hack, get caught then get thrown into that hacks playlist and see how good I can fare against those players without using one for myself :p I could try out joining a clan or something and play against good people in organized matches but it's too much of a pain for me to do that, every now and then I still find good good players in Europe around evening/night time

edit, coincidentally I played a few matches against good players just now and had probably one of my favorite pilot VS titan moment ever.

http://www.twitch.tv/nemo7x/v/30239204

Someone show me a more badass teamwork moment in TF than this, I don't even care if it was by chance :) Not to mention getting from titan to titan in under a minute

that's not hacking.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
that's not hacking.
Awesome. I should try out sniper rifles more in the future, that's crazy good reaction, I usually choose the semi automatic gun for ranged battles right now

Any idea what kind of hacks run among players in a game like TF? Something like wallhacks or is it more than just that?

SwolBro

Banned
Awesome. I should try out sniper rifles more in the future, that's crazy good reaction, I usually choose the semi automatic gun for ranged battles right now

Any idea what kind of hacks run among players in a game like TF? Something like wallhacks or is it more than just that?

There's been like 2 hackers in the last year on PC i think. One was an aimbotter, and the other was someone that moved around the map at 100 miles an hour even in their titan. People know who they are. They get booted often.

TF's PC population is so low that there's no point in hacking, you'll stick out and get booted fast. And there's no hacking on the console version.

I have just got EA access and I have always wanted to try titanfall.
I was wondering it doesn't have the DLC, will that hamper my gaming? And is it still active on Xbox One or am I going to struggle to find a game. I reckon I'll be crap...

I was wondering it doesn't have the DLC, will that hamper my gaming? And is it still active on Xbox One or am I going to struggle to find a game. I reckon I'll be crap...
Every version of the game has the DLC included now. I don't see why that wouldn't apply to the EA Access version as well, but I don't have confirmation of that.

There was a thread pretty recently that had some XOne users saying the population there was alright. I don't think you'll have any issues finding a match.

SwolBro

Banned

I think you have to download it. It's free. The population is still pretty good, it's taken a hit since the big games came out. You should have no trouble finding games in the main game types. It's without question the best FPS gameplay out still. I love this game. I can't wait for TF2 and a higher population count.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
There's been like 2 hackers in the last year on PC i think. One was an aimbotter, and the other was someone that moved around the map at 100 miles an hour even in their titan. People know who they are. They get booted often.

TF's PC population is so low that there's no point in hacking, you'll stick out and get booted fast. And there's no hacking on the console version.
Basically a non issue then, thanks bro

Basically a non issue then, thanks bro

Eh, you'll still run into one on occasion. Usually it's the same few people moving on to new accounts. Also, sometimes controller users will infuriate you do to the sticky aim provided by the game.

Anyway, finished up my final 'tage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk39IhJDyoM

If your on PC, keep at it. There's still a few of us who want to keep playing. :)

Got several in the link. ;)

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Awesome montage man!! Try playing another FPS after seeing that, shit'll be too slow

Must've learned at least 5 new things as well watching that, man I need to play CTF already

Eh, you'll still run into one on occasion. Usually it's the same few people moving on to new accounts. Also, sometimes controller users will infuriate you do to the sticky aim provided by the game.

Anyway, finished up my final 'tage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk39IhJDyoM

If your on PC, keep at it. There's still a few of us who want to keep playing. :)

Got several in the link. ;)

didact!

I play with you a lot!

haven't been on since halo 5 though.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Just got the Deluxe Edition for $5 on XBL. Worth it?
Put in some time to fully master the movement and you won't want any other shooter to play until TF2 comes out

Hell I put in over 200 hours and still consider myself a n00b in some regards

That montage is absolutely amazing. Been watching random Titanfall videos because I really enjoyed the beta, but never really jumped in (wanted it for console, didnt own an Xbox).

I have such high hopes for a sequel. Im hoping for a 2016 release.

That montage is absolutely amazing. Been watching random Titanfall videos because I really enjoyed the beta, but never really jumped in (wanted it for console, didnt own an Xbox).

I have such high hopes for a sequel. Im hoping for a 2016 release.
Considering it hasn't been revealed yet, I would put my bets on a 2017 release, with a 2016 reveal.

Am I right in recalling that they didn't have any particular contract with EA, so it's possible for them to pick another publisher if they need one? I would just really hate to see this go anywhere but Steam on PC, just because of how quickly online communities on Origin die.

Been playing this a lot recently though. Love the ranking system, and nearing Diamond.

Is the Campaign mode in this just completely screwed now? I realize it's basically framing around multiplayer matches, but when I tried to play the campaign for the first time, it just kind of dropped me into a match that had around a minute left to play with little explanation for what the hell was going on.

Then the next match queues up, and we go about playing the map, with the occasional person shouting something in the corner of my screen that I can't pay attention to because - ya know I'm trying to win the game.

Then we win the match as the IMC, and the little cinematic that plays afterwards acts as if we lost the match.

Am I just really out of the loop on how this campaign mode is supposed to play out? Or did they change how it functions since it was originally released?

Alx

Was it on the Demeter map ? I think you don't really "win" that one, everything blows up in the end whatever side wins.

Was it on the Demeter map ? I think you don't really "win" that one, everything blows up in the end whatever side wins.

I believe it was. That sounds familiar at least. Was such a strange start... it felt like I came in at the middle or the end of a story beat and was expected to know who these people were that were talking to me. And then the ending not lining up with what the goal was... it just was so strange. Guess I'll have to give it another shot.

On the plus side, the actual combat seemed fun enough. Maybe I should just skip the campaign all together.

Top Bottom