• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 Receives First Major Update In Years Anyone going back?

havoc00

It's been a rough couple of years for Titanfall 2 players, but it looks like that may be about to change. After years of minimal upkeep and no new content, the game is finally getting some much-needed TLC with the release of a new game update. As this is first major update the game has received in quite a long time, observant fans are getting the distinct sense that something is up--especially after a Titanfall Easter egg was discovered in Apex Legends patch notes that were released earlier this week.

The update itself includes fixes to matchmaking an improved server stability, making Titanfall 2 playable for the first time in years. Additionally, after eight years, Titanfall 2 private matches have been taken out of beta (which isn't too shocking, as Apex Legends players gained access to the private match feature earlier this year). New and old game modes have been added as well, and have been rotating ever since the update went live last week. The 1v1 Coliseum mode got a similar update, with new weapons added and weapon loadouts rotating regularly once again. Changes to map geometry, fixed glitches, and remedied out-of-bounds exploits have also been addressed by the massive update, but perhaps the most interesting map feature is the addition of small Nessie plushies (Apex's mascot) holding hammers, which have appeared in areas of the maps that were recently fixed. This may be a reference to Respawn's recent announcement revealing devs had banned over 2,000 cheaters from Apex Legends. With Titanfall 2's servers finally functional again, it's possible that some players also received a whack from the banhammer.

MrA

Banned
yes it is good to have it back, between this and gears 2 being easy to find matches in again, I'm quite happy (though it's funny when gears 2 was a pain to get matches in the cheaters disappeared, and now that it has an ok population they've come back to ruin the fun)

Shubh_C63

It was always weird to me that Respawn couldn't scale enough to cater to two games, though identical somewhat in gameplay.
If there is a demand, nothing will stay dead forever. Just create louder ruckus I guess.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
New game mode in Apex Legends, Titanfall..

Cena Ooo GIF

Thought og Tiatnfall mp was much better than 2 but the second game's campaign was something quite special; among my top 5 single player campaigns ever. Happy for those that do like Titanfall 2 mp though. We need a new Titanfall asap.
Titanfall 1 was the... uhhh Apex... of COD casual multiplayer design.

Tsaki

Titanfall 2 multiplayer was too good with friends. Dropped it when the playebase got so low you were waiting more than playing. If there are enough players I might jump in on Playstation. Though I might need a Pro style controller again which I lack now.

FUBARx89

According to my PS5 TF2 last update was 31st of July and I've had it installed on my external since it came out on PS4.

My body is ready for titanfall 2 without being DC'd to fuck. Best FPS of last gen.

Downloading it right now, but the fact that they neglected it for so long means I won’t be buying a third game if that is what they’re potentially teasing. I’ll wait for it to hit one of the subscription services.

splattered

Hell yeah this has been one of my FAVORITE MP experiences ever.... LOVED this game. Very much prefer this to Apex. Though watching that sniper montage makes me realize how shitty i am at it lmao. Will prob boot this up again in a minute and check it out. <3

Danknugz

nope. legit tried to get into titan fall like 3 separate occasions because of all the never ending hype i thought i must just be missing something. bored me to tears.

Thought og Tiatnfall mp was much better than 2 but the second game's campaign was something quite special; among my top 5 single player campaigns ever. Happy for those that do like Titanfall 2 mp though. We need a new Titanfall asap.

TF1 MP was much better. They chased the CoD crowd too much with the sequel. It did a lot of things right, but the original was way better.

That campaign in Titanfall 2 was amazing though.

LordOfChaos

Oh? Now that I know about it, yeah I'll leap back in

Some of my favorite MP in a shooter in years, and a great campaign, I hope for Titanfall 3

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
EA had terrible language policy in Russia that locked the game to RU/PL languages (text / VO), so to actually play in English you had to edit DLL, replace a bunch of files (if you can even find them with each new update/patch) etc. - does not work in Mirror's Edge Catalyst. Just bought the game on Steam along with Mirror's Edge Catalyst and now I don't have to do all this shit anymore. Fuck EA!

Last edited:

havoc00

EA had terrible language policy in Russia that locked the game to RU/PL languages (text / VO), so to actually play in English you had to edit DLL, replace a bunch of files (if you can even find them with each new update/patch) etc. - does not work in Mirror's Edge Catalyst. Just bought the game on Steam along with Mirror's Edge Catalyst and now I don't have to do all this shit anymore. Fuck EA!
EA fucked a lot of things up regarding this game

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I never like TF2 MP (I thought TF 1 MP was better), but good to see them update it. Regardless, TF 2 had much better production values.

Years back, didnt both TF games get hacked to death? I thought EA gave up leaving it for dead. Good to see them support it.

Last edited:
If you guys are really interested in Titanfall 2's insanely good MP again, and are on PC, I HIGHLY recommend ya'll install Northstar. It's a great MP mod that has a ton of custom games and a large community, good for VS and Co-op. Titanfall 2's mp is some of the slickest around and it definitely doesn't get the love or attention it deserves. Really, check out Northstar, it's bad ass.

Last edited:

Codiox

If you guys are really interested in Titanfall 2's insanely good MP again, and are on PC, I HIGHLY recommend ya'll install Northstar. It's a great MP mod that has a ton of custom games and a large community, good for VS and Co-op. Titanfall 2's mp is some of the slickest around and it definitely doesn't get the love or attention it deserves. Really, check out Northstar, it's bad ass.

do you know if they have something like "controller only" lobbys? Im only playing with my controller on PC in my living room.

Top Bottom