• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TOCA Race Driver 2006 screens

SolidSnakex said:
Seriously WTF is rFactor?
PC simracer.
01.jpg

sc17_big.jpg

Ranger X

Someone can give us details on this game? With only those screens (that are pretty much on par with TOCA3 ones, there's nothing to tell me it could be a better game...)

Rfactor is made of the company that made the best F1-sim on hte PC (ISI).
Also the same company that made the game-engine for GTR and GTL.

aka, the best sim-racers on the PC currently, and bloody nice folks! :)

Gek54

Yeah rFactor is looking to take the thrown for the most realistic racing simulation. Any of you simheads still stuck on consoles really need to look to getting a decent PC running. rFactor along with Richard Burns Rally make PC racing the place to be.

Ranger X

Gek54 said:
Yeah rFactor is looking to take the thrown for the most realistic racing simulation. Any of you simheads still stuck on consoles really need to look to getting a decent PC running. rFactor along with Richard Burns Rally make PC racing the place to be.

Well even owning GTR now i'm still in love with my GT4 and TOCA2. Bring it on rFactor, just try to dethrone my console games! ;)

TOCA 2006 is coming in February and it's PS2 / Xbox / PC

Gek54

isamu said:
Damn....beat me to it. Infact, if those are ingame, realtime screens from ANY console(including PC), then PGR3 has still been owned! In other words, there's no way those are realtime screens. They just can't be! Impossible!?

I wouldnt put those images past the PC version.

CMR5 was showing some interesting post processing effects durring replays:

This pic is only 640X480 and no FSAA:
cmr2005_xbox_011.jpg

Shinobi

I'm hoping to get a new PC early next year, so it'll defintely be good enough to run some of the newer racers.

GTR looks like a really cool game...how are you finding it?

Dave Long

Banned
GTR is awesome. My review is in Computer Games Magazine this month. Best racing simulation sold at retail in a long time.

Ranger X

Gek54 said:
I wouldnt put those images past the PC version.

CMR5 was showing some interesting post processing effects durring replays:

This pic is only 640X480 and no FSAA:
cmr2005_xbox_011.jpg

Still it's just a very easy doable focus effect apply here. The part that isn't blurred by the focus effect show the lack (of course) of anti-alias.

Ryudo

My opinion? USED.
Gek54 said:

Is it just me or does the steering response seem way off compared to GT4 on these games ?

Ryudo said:
Is it just me or does the steering response seem way off compared to GT4 on these games ?
Considering that RBR is considered one of the most accurate sims around, and rFactor is shaping up well in that area, I'd say it's you. Well, perhaps it's your hardware. But it's probably you. :)

Gek54

Wyzdom said:
Still it's just a very easy doable focus effect apply here. The part that isn't blurred by the focus effect show the lack (of course) of anti-alias.

Right, which I mentioned above the pic. That pic is the minimum setting on the PC. Just raise the resolution, add FSAA and the game looks about as clean as the TOCA3 pics.

Ryudo said:

For RBR, if you are using a wheel you need to adjust the fade to get rid of the lag. The fix is described here.

I dont remember any problem with rFactor, Ill check that later.

Ryudo

My opinion? USED.
Squirrel Killer said:
Considering that RBR is considered one of the most accurate sims around, and rFactor is shaping up well in that area, I'd say it's you. Well, perhaps it's your hardware. But it's probably you. :)

:)

I am using the DFP on my PC, and i do admit that i dont tinker too much with the FF or sensitivity settings. GT4 seems so much more reactive.

Anyone want to share their RBR and rfactor settings with me ?

Edit: Thanks Gek :)

Top Bottom