• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson: Assassin's Creed Shadows Pre Orders are very strong

He doesnt know the numbers but theyre strong.

Mr Rogers Clown GIF

feynoob

Gold Member
Where are the crybabies?

This is the shit I was talking about. People are giving Ubisoft what they want. Your online means jackshit, if people keep buying the game nonstop.

Edit: now these companies will start charging people 130$ for deluxe edition if this game sells 5m+.

Last edited:

Kurotri

To no one's surprise. No one normal fucking cares about the guy being black and the base game costs 70 bucks just like any other game. This is a long running series and people know what to expect, to top it off it's finally Japan. Enough reason for most to preorder. Some youtube and twitter discourse isn't gonna stop this juggernaut.

proandrad

it’s almost like the majority of people don’t give a shit about a black samurai when they are finally getting the most requested setting for an ass creed game. But I guess we all have to be cry babies. The purple forum had stellar blade and we got this. Japan should respond by making a like a dragon game in Harlem NY staring a white guy.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
We are getting in a dangerous territory by accepting these prices.

I only buy Ubi games (the few I want) when they end up under 30$ for the complete package. I bought Valhalla with all the expansions for about 30 dollars, which I felt was a good deal. Pre-ordering for 130 dollars is just nuts.

Robb

Gold Member
Assassins Creed is a huge IP so that’d hardly be surprising.

I doubt they’d even have to drop a trailer to get a lot of pre-orders. Ninja Assassins Creed is probably enough as a concept to sell it to a lot of people.

Reallink

If the games are even halfway competent, Shadows, Star Wars, AC Hexe, and Division 3 are all going to sell strong.

JCK75

The controversy was a calculated choice knowing how many people would pay insane amounts of money for what is sure to be a mediocre game just to virtue signal.

Where are the crybabies?

This is the shit I was talking about. People are giving Ubisoft what they want. Your online means jackshit, if people keep buying the game nonstop.

Edit: now these companies will start charging people 130$ for deluxe edition if this game sells 5m+.

5m+? This will easily smash 10m.

Kenpachii

People shit on ubisoft games here all day long, but the reality is the gameplay loop is fun and the environments are second to non. Every new title pushes new records.

HisExcellency

Neo Member
We are getting in a dangerous territory by accepting these prices.
I honestly do not see the issue with these special edition prices because you can just buy the normal game, right? I don't buy special editions unless I know I'm going to live the game and it comes with DLC and is not priced crazy.

A special edition that costs almost double what the normal edition cost just makes whatever decision there was that much easier.

Fbh

Of course it was going to sell well. Wasn't Valhalla super successful?
Lots of people love Assassins Creed, and this is a really popular setting that a lot of fans have been waiting for.
People using this for their culture war on twitter, reddit and forums are just a minority. The average buyer will just be like "Assassins Creed Japan? Sign me up"
Ubisoft games aim at the same type of crowd that has give us 87 Fast and Furious movies and 400 seasons of Grey's Anatomy.

Top Bottom