• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson: Assassin's Creed Shadows Pre Orders are very strong

Doom85

Trigger GIF by MOODMAN

Typical Doom85 post. Strawman, gaslighting, and projection. The trifecta of clown world.

HOLY SHIT. I thought I’d only get strawman and projection in a Claus response, but I managed to achieve gaslighting as well?!

Curb Your Enthusiasm Bingo GIF by Jason Clarke

Ah, this reminds me of all those recent Disney/Marvel flicks when they say that presales of tickets are strong after a controversy, and then the movie flops. Or they say the their recent SW show has performed well, yet gets no Season 2. Not to say this will definitely happen here, but preorders, like ticket presales, mean little.
Yep, they do this to push a narrative. Look our pre-sales are up, you people don't want to miss out do you? Then articles will pop-up multiple times a day from legacy media places like IGN who write like 50 articles as either damage control or marketing. It never fails. Then you see an influx of people come into forums saying "See you are over-reacting, it is true but its a good thing". Happens every time.
Thing is pre-sales don't = sales. We will see on the sales, but that may not tell the whole story either, as we would need other AC game sales data to compare.

Shin-Ra

Whatever your stance on the creative content of the game, they’re still selling a deliberately broken game.

I’m not jumping into this, but to help you out, you can have a much stronger stance if you don’t resort to saying these buzzwords as a rebuttal during a debate or argument. It feels like a backstep.

I noticed you used the same buzzword tactic to me and a few others here. I’d rather you come out of this convo as a stronger opponent and debater.
A good debater can make a point using very few words.

Even if his way of reacting isn't what you want to see or engage in, but that is besides the point here.
Of course once engaged in said debate you can dig deeper about the subject at hand and understand one's point of view without having to acknowledge it.

But this isn't a debate. It's a discussion. Those are 2 different things.

You got his point I think and let's not forget this is a gaming forum. Not Good Will Hunting or a college campus for self proclaimed know-it-alls.

Last edited:

Alebrije

What the fuck has this thread nosedived into, gay samurai ffs :messenger_tears_of_joy:

What the fuck even is this game :messenger_tears_of_joy:

What the fuck is even going on in the gaming press :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Fuck the lot of this utter bullshit in gaming.
Godwin's law says that every conversation if long enough Will end on a Nazi Hitler mention.

It seems something similar happens these days on every gaming talk , Will end on race,gender,etc topics instead of the classic gameplay , graphics, etc factors that involve videogames

Last edited:
Top Bottom