• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Free on the Microsoft Store

bronk

Banned
But but what about my 10 sealed copies I bought at $2 a piece.
I still have hope my 10 sealed copies of Vampire Rain become sought after. Lol
20 sealed games at $40 what a steal.

gfBav5e.gif

K.N.W.

This game was illegal to distribute due to developer stealing and modifying Unreal Engine 3's code. We must thank Epic Games for letting Microsoft distribute this game for free for two years in a row. They must really hate us.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
This game was illegal to distribute due to developer stealing and modifying Unreal Engine 3's code. We must thank Epic Games for letting Microsoft distribute this game for free for two years in a row. They must really hate us.

Having actually talked about this with Denis in the past, there's a lot more to the story than most people are aware of. Doesn't make Too Human any better, but uh.... y'know?

diffusionx

Gold Member
Not to shit too much on a 12 year old game that killed a solid studio, but this game sucks. A really weird and shitty robot future norse mythology setting, a control scheme that doesn't really work, stiff and clunky combat, and the longest most annoying death cinema in videogame history.

desertdroog

Remember when Silicon Knights get ordered to destroy all physical copies they had?

I still have my original copy, still kind of upset that we never got to see the un-released player class Dyack said was his favorite.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
This game only brings back this memory

diffusionx

Gold Member
Who owns the IP? Honestly Dyack(or whoever) should sell it and let a more competent developer explore it's themes.

Microsoft, I think.

SK sued Epic for not living up to contract terms with regards to Unreal Engine development, and prioritizing their own code for Gears over their licensees. Epic countersued that SK took UE3 code and used it in their own engine illegally, and won the case. They had to destroy all copies of the game, so legally, the game cannot be sold.

Last edited:

-Troid-

Banned
I remember renting it back in the day and playing it enough to enjoy it a little bit. I was able to look past the other bullshit but I got to one difficult part and had to see the fucking death animation 10 times and I just couldn't stand it anymore.

Tried it last year when they put it on Backwards Compatibility and I couldn't even get past the tutorial. Goddamn who thought that control scheme was worth putting in a game?

I always wonder what would've happened if SK and Nintendo would've stuck together. It seems like Nintendo helped bring the best out of them, at least with Eternal Darkness and to a lesser extent, Twin Snakes.

Pretty sad to see SK's downfall which started with TH. I was going through some old EGMs last week and actually came across a preview of TH when it was on PS1. Looked completely different.

I played maybe an hour or so of the game way back and decided it wasn't for me.

lol, I enjoyed this game when it was released. I didn't think it was good, but I had fun with it. For the low, low price of free, I'll definitely give it another go.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

I have physical 360 copy but can I still redeem it without connecting 360?

Last edited:

John Day

This game only brings back this memory

A loooooot of people swallowed those words jesus.

Top Bottom