• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Official Thread of Hack-n-Loot

LukeSmith

Got a pair of 44 altruist's gloves tonight. Orange, empty slots. Considering some of the end game itemization choices this seems like something I will move from my 29 Commando (who had the item drop) over to my 43 cyberserker

LukeSmith said:
Got a pair of 44 altruist's gloves tonight. Orange, empty slots. Considering some of the end game itemization choices this seems like something I will move from my 29 Commando (who had the item drop) over to my 43 cyberserker

Best set in the game outside of Epic imo, allows you to customize your character how you see fit. I still use 2 of the pieces at lvl 50.

Chrange

Banned
MWS Natural said:
Best set in the game outside of Epic imo, allows you to customize your character how you see fit. I still use 2 of the pieces at lvl 50.

Level 50 Aesir gear - one red rune already slotted (that seems to determine the name of the armor) and three open slots.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Keep in mind that the number of empty slots is partially determined by whether your cyber or human. Humans get more empty slots on equipment. My human bezerker has all lvl 50 orange gear that had full empty slots. So I basically custom built him into a psychotic whirlwind of death and mayhem.

EazyB

Banned
LukeSmith said:
Seems like you were able to pursue that full day of bean-bag sitting and Too Human playing after a busy PAX weekend :)

I now have about 40 hours on my bio and I finally got my first epic armor drop after fighting Grendel in SP. So far I have 4 epic rifles including the bio rifle and a epic 1-handed sword. I've gotten 4 level 3 charms but I'm only pursuing the toxic pool and gravity vortex ones. The toxic one is already completed and working like a charm; I'm pretty close to completing the gravity one.

Is grinding through the Halls of Heroes over and over really the best way of completing my epic set?

Hello folks,
I just want to enjoy this game and not have to die a lot, what character and what build would you guys recommend to me? It doesn't matter if the build is overpowered or anything as long as I breeze through the game :) I love collecting loot ;)

Defender sounds like he will die the least but will he kill fast enough? I'm willing to trade a few deaths for a crazy fast killing machine :D

TomServo

MWS Natural said:
=O I am clearly mistaken then, haven't seen that drop yet.

Love the name that got slapped onto my Aesir shoulders "of the Killing Word". Very Dune. +20% to battle cry though, something I don't use as should as much as I should.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Chrange said:
Level 50 Aesir gear - one red rune already slotted (that seems to determine the name of the armor) and three open slots.

red runes??? There are red runes too?

Reached level 50 last night with my Champion. Haven't seen an epic drop yet but I've had some awesome level 50 gear with 4 empty slots. Seems like good stuff. Now I've got to start searching for runes I want. I would love to put only orange (or red ) runes in it. But I doubt those will drop that quick.

How rare is a level 3 charm? Is there any one place I'm more likely to find them?

TomServo said:
Love the name that got slapped onto my Aesir shoulders "of the Killing Word". Very Dune. +20% to battle cry though, something I don't use as should as much as I should.

Really? I usually have my battle cry going constantly. Or as much as I can.

TomServo

Truelize said:
Really? I usually have my battle cry going constantly. Or as much as I can.

I played most of the game with a middle tree champion. The battle cry there was more annoying than useful, launching enemies with normal attacks.

I've switched specs, so it's taking a while for me to get used to a useful (for me) battlecry.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Lately I've been thinking about picking this up. The demo kinda grew on me and I feel like whoring some loot. Judging by the size of this thread (sorry, haven't had time to read up!) I take it people have come to enjoy it? Is it worth the full price?

From this weekend on my college work is finally DONE and I'm graduating (at least, I hope), so maybe I'll kick off my vacation with this

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
TomServo said:
I played most of the game with a middle tree champion. The battle cry there was more annoying than useful, launching enemies with normal attacks.

I've switched specs, so it's taking a while for me to get used to a useful (for me) battlecry.

That does sound a bit annoying. Would work well for air combos, the bread and butter for enemies with higher hit points, but for foot soldiers it'd be downright tedious.

I went with down the right path with my champ. The battle cry softens all enemies, making them ripe for critical hits. Coupled with Fenrir, it can be downright nasty.

Darunia said:
I got an urge to pick this up lately. The demo kinda grew on me and I feel like whoring some loot. Judging by the size of this thread (sorry, haven't had time to read up!) I take it people have come to enjoy it? Is it worht the full price?

I think so. I've put in about twenty hours, way less than some of the more serious players, and I feel like I've still tons of stuff to see and collect. You could really get hundreds of hours out of the game if you wanted to explore every avenue available.

Plus, after twenty hours of semi-regular play, I still look forward to popping it in the disc tray for more. That's a rarity for me.

TomServo

Darunia said:
...Is it worth the full price?

Today is the last day for the GameStop 25% off used 360 software coupon. Used copies are already showing up. Should be able to pick it up for around $40, less if you've got an Edge card.

I paid $37 for my copy. It's been worth it so far. Just hoping it gets lots of DLC love that's not just weapons and armor.

Darunia said:
Lately I've been thinking about picking this up. The demo kinda grew on me and I feel like whoring some loot. Judging by the size of this thread (sorry, haven't had time to read up!) I take it people have come to enjoy it? Is it worth the full price?

From this weekend on my college work is finally DONE and I'm graduating (at least, I hope), so maybe I'll kick off my vacation with this

I thought it was a good rental. It's a fun game but doesn't las too long unless you want to play the same levels over and over for 100 hours just to have a minute chance of getting good gear

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
TomServo said:

Are you using the right side of the skill tree now? Battle cry that makes everyone vulnerable to critical attacks? That's the one I've used and I love it. I do some crazy damage when the cry is active.

Epic staff at the store. 1.4mil has these effects
Mastery Asgards Fury +1%
Defenseless +8%
Enthalpy Drain +6%

what do these do? Is there a list somewhere?

Should I buy this ?

TomServo

Truelize said:
Are you using the right side of the skill tree now? Battle cry that makes everyone vulnerable to critical attacks? That's the one I've used and I love it. I do some crazy damage when the cry is active.[/b]

Left tree. I play champion more like a berserker, with a lot of slides. Use air juggles to get out of trouble and to take out leaders.

The right tree warcry looks awesome, but I don't use ranged as much. Seems like a waste to spend so many points on ranged talents.

VaLiancY

Truelize said:
Are you using the right side of the skill tree now? Battle cry that makes everyone vulnerable to critical attacks? That's the one I've used and I love it. I do some crazy damage when the cry is active.

Epic staff at the store. 1.4mil has these effects
Mastery Asgards Fury +1%
Defenseless +8%
Enthalpy Drain +6%

what do these do? Is there a list somewhere?

Should I buy this ?

Enthalpy Drain freezes your target, Defenseless lowers the target's resistance, Mastery adds one skill point to that respective skill. With Asgard Fury it would increase your air melee damage by 3%

Truelize said:
Thanks. I think I'll wait. I almost blew my load there cause it was the first epic I've seen at the store.
Once you hit 50, they start to pop up somewhat regularly. I'd hold out until you find something that you really like - I'm still using an orange sword myself because I got to put in the runes I want and I didn't want to use staves or a hammer.

border

If you are dual-wielding swords, does +Dual Wield Damage stack with +Sword damage? Or is dual wield its own sort of weapon type?

TomServo

border said:
If you are dual-wielding swords, does +Dual Wield Damage stack with +Sword damage? Or is dual wield its own sort of weapon type?

Should stack.

You've got 1h, 2h, and dual wield, and then you've got swords, hammers, and staves. I know I get the benefit of both 1h and sword benefits with my champion.

TomServo said:

In co-op the champion's middle tree battlecry can be used to pull off a really awesome looking tactic. Get your partner to wade into the middle of the enemy and knock them up in the air, and you can go from enemy to enemy in the air. I've stayed up in the air for around a minute doing this with a defender on the ground knocking them up to me.

border said:

Yes it stacks. I've tested it myself. You can see the modified damage in the item box when you put the rune on.

Aladuf

Banned
Melhisedek said:
Hello folks,
I just want to enjoy this game and not have to die a lot, what character and what build would you guys recommend to me? It doesn't matter if the build is overpowered or anything as long as I breeze through the game :) I love collecting loot ;)

Defender sounds like he will die the least but will he kill fast enough? I'm willing to trade a few deaths for a crazy fast killing machine :D
Defender would seem like a good choice, I chose Beserker and I have died a ton. My co-op buddy is a Defender and he dies far less then me... plus as a Defender you don't get knocked down which must be awesome.

They defintely need to add a PVP or arena option.

Arena you could hopefully set up teams or clans to face others. Would love to see the setups of classes teams throw together for kicking ass.

Theres only so much fun playing the same 4 campaign levels over and over can give you before you just don't feel like moving forward anymore.

Even if a maxed out player is impossible with all the red runes, charm, armor you'd need.

They should do a feature like horde on Gears 2. Just a series of challenge rooms / arenas that you can co-op. It might even be an opportunity to bump co-op up to 3 or 4 players, though that might be a nightmare on the technical side.

Soroc

Cornballer said:
Once you hit 50, they start to pop up somewhat regularly. I'd hold out until you find something that you really like - I'm still using an orange sword myself because I got to put in the runes I want and I didn't want to use staves or a hammer.

I've been 50 for 20+ hours and only seen my Red Bio Rifle in the store :( This game truly hates me.... I haven't played in a couple days... Grinded out all weekend with no red armor drops but I have a couple runes... I just needed one armor drop and I would have been all over this shit for another 40+hours, right now I'm feeling a little burned out and will probably give another go sometime this weekend.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
TomServo said:
Left tree. I play champion more like a berserker, with a lot of slides. Use air juggles to get out of trouble and to take out leaders.

The right tree warcry looks awesome, but I don't use ranged as much. Seems like a waste to spend so many points on ranged talents.

I play a lot of solo and have found that I like the range. I'm not sure what the left would be like but the battlecry on the right side is nasty. The spider is pretty good too.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Soroc said:
I've been 50 for 20+ hours and only seen my Red Bio Rifle in the store :( This game truly hates me.... I haven't played in a couple days... Grinded out all weekend with no red armor drops but I have a couple runes... I just needed one armor drop and I would have been all over this shit for another 40+hours, right now I'm feeling a little burned out and will probably give another go sometime this weekend.

And do you have a bunch of Loot Drop Chance runes equipped too?

Cornballer said:
They should do a feature like horde on Gears 2. Just a series of challenge rooms / arenas that you can co-op. It might even be an opportunity to bump co-op up to 3 or 4 players, though that might be a nightmare on the technical side.

This.

I would love to have an endurance mode... doesn't even have to be infinite... just really long and very unforgiving, but with a sweet reward (maybe 6-7 red runes/charms/4 empty slot epic items or something).

I agree that the game should have more levels and more modes of play. The same 4 levels, while fun, can get tiresome. Even an additional two levels would have given just a bit more selection.

Hopefully Too Human 2 will have more of everything plus new stuff.

TomServo

Truelize said:
I'm not sure what the left would be like but the battlecry on the right side is nasty. The spider is pretty good too.

"One Will Rise Above" - Group Skill: All air-based melee attack damage increases while activated.

Gives you up to 50% bonus on air melee. You can also get up to 30% damage from finishers and 30% damage from sword attacks. Add all three with some +1h damage a +sword damage runes and that battlecry can get you out of some serious trouble.

Soroc said:
Sorry to hear that. I'm at about 10+ hours at 50 and I have quite a few red weapons, but no armor yet. Guess it's up to random chance. I feel the same way about being burnt out, so at this point it's something I'll pick up and charge through every once in a while.

border

TomServo said:
Gives you up to 50% bonus on air melee. You can also get up to 30% damage from finishers and 30% damage from sword attacks. Add all three with some +1h damage a +sword damage runes and that battlecry can get you out of some serious trouble.
Or you can just do a ruiner and obliterate nearly everything without any work.

The cost of Battle Cries seems too high, compared to just doing a ruiner at the same cost.

The major problem with trash mobs seems to be the exploding polarized types, the ones that just pelt you with missles from afar, and the trolls that hit you with debilitating status effects. Ruiners help with 2 out of those 3.....whereas the battle cries don't really do anything to help your vulnerability. They're just a buff that won't help when everything's bearing down on you and you're eating stuns and knockdowns.

Cornballer said:
Sorry to hear that. I'm at about 10+ hours at 50 and I have quite a few red weapons, but no armor yet. Guess it's up to random chance. I feel the same way about being burnt out, so at this point it's something I'll pick up and charge through every once in a while.

The thing is that the game does know which armor pieces you need. You will generally get the epic weapons first then the helmet. A LOT of people have those so far. The other armor seems to be rarer and you seem to get one at a time but you won't get two pieces of the same stuff. Still getting the actual drops are very random AND very rare.

Basically paraphrased that off of some people over at Gamefaqs that have the elite armor achievement.

Soroc

Truelize said:
And do you have a bunch of Loot Drop Chance runes equipped too?

Yep I have it maxed at 15%. I know I will eventually luck out and get it but I usually have really shitty luck with loot games (although I love them so much :D ), takes me ludicrous times to get things. Back in vanilla WoW I was grinding the crusader enchant for a total of 90 hours before I just gave up :(

TomServo

border said:
Or you can just do a ruiner and obliterate nearly everything without any work.

The cost of Battle Cries seems too high, compared to just doing a ruiner at the same cost.

Yeah, that's what I usually revert to. Part of me just feels like I should be using battle cries. You're right about the cost. Would be much more useful if they were on their own timer, like spiders.

I haven't used my battle cry (increased air damage) in a while - it's all ruiners for me. Much more effective to bust out the raven of doom.

border

I only use Battle Cries when the Sentient Weapon is out and I know that my combo meter is going to be maxed. Otherwise I would rather just save my combo meter to fuel ruiners.

If Battle Cries are going to be so costly, they really should help you out more. Temporary invulnerability, missle reflection, and/or status effect removal/immunity would be my suggestions.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
See I used to play the game the same way. Always saving my combo meter for ruiners. But with a champion I can get a full combo level almost every time I juggle a leader or elite enemy and do a finisher in the air. That's my entire game really. It is very very rare that I don't have at least 1 combo level. Very rare.

I save the sentient weapon for when I'm overwhelmed.

Soroc

border said:
I only use Battle Cries when the Sentient Weapon is out and I know that my combo meter is going to be maxed. Otherwise I would rather just save my combo meter to fuel ruiners.

If Battle Cries are going to be so costly, they really should help you out more. Temporary invulnerability, missle reflection, and/or status effect removal/immunity would be my suggestions.

I don't know about all battle cries as I don't have all characters yet but I was under the impression they do remove status effects? maybe its just mine :D Bio FTW :lol

PhatSaqs

Banned
Anyone else routinely accidentally trigger Sentients when trying to do Fierces? Wish I could change the command for Sentients to something else.

I don't know my Defender Battle Cry is just sickening. The block all status effects and send em back to the enemies, it lasts forever too!

Basically it allows me to just charge through a crowd not worrying if any fire goblins or poison zombies are in there, weakens any status trolls, don't have to worry about status effect assault goblins.

Really usefull stuff.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Soroc said:
I don't know about all battle cries as I don't have all characters yet but I was under the impression they do remove status effects? maybe its just mine :D Bio FTW :lol

Yeah the Bio battle cries are more team assistance. The three offensive classes are most offensive based and the defender is defensive based.
But to survive as a melee character you better be using your battle cries effectively .

border

Truelize said:
But to survive as a melee character you better be using your battle cries effectively .
Except that the Battle Cries don't really help when there are two trolls piled on top of each other and a dozen incoming missiles from enemies you can't see. It's not a buff that helps you survive. Better attack speed or melee juggle damage are not very useful for just getting through tough sections.

border said:
Except that the Battle Cries don't really help when there are two trolls piled on top of each other and a dozen incoming missiles from enemies you can't see. It's not a buff that helps you survive. Better attack speed or melee juggle damage are not very useful for just getting through tough sections.
Indeed. I played with a lvl 50 bioengineer the other day and he'd make us invincible for a short time while we took down trolls. That is useful.

Top Bottom