• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top 10 Final Fantasy games according to NHK Polls

royox

12. Haurchefant GreystoneFinal Fantasy XIV
13. Noctis Lucis CaelumFinal Fantasy XV

A side character of FFXIV was so well done and had such a great arc 5 years ago in FFXIV that managed to be more loved by the people than the MC of the Latest entry of the FF saga.

Will never forget you, my friend.

ce803e55e6695035daa75dc20369d8782d49018d.gifv

Boss & Summon
3rd: Hades (Final Fantasy XIV)
2nd: Kefka (Final Fantasy VI)
1st: Knights of the Round (Final Fantasy VII)

LOL Emet Selch on 3rd place and Ardyn isn't even in the list. Guess that will finally convince D.Final D.Final that Ardyn is totally forgetable as a villain and boss.

Last edited:

CramBokaj

Neo Member
Top 3 for me:

1) FF VII
2) FF IX
3) FF VIII

X is solid, has some very good elements, but the music wasn't that memorable, the characters weren't that interesting and I missed the overworld a lot.

Rat Rage

The list wars have begun!

latest

Here is my hot take

HeartyConsiderateAngora-size_restricted.gif

1. FF 7
2. FF 6
3. FF 9
4. FF 5
5. FF 4
6. FF 10
7. FF 8
banned from the list: FF XV

LordKasual

Banned
I really don't get that hate to X. I knew that XII had, at least, mixed opinions (to me it's a masterpiece) but X? Come on! I can agree that VII or IX might be better (I didn't play them though, I didn't own a PSX that time) but X has to be in the top 5 at very least.

I feel like people who hate on X so much just can't remember what X was like to play when it came out on PS2.....or just started the "OMG ITS NOT FF6-9" trend early.

Game was straight mindblowing. It's rough around the edges, but in the same way as something like GTA3 in my eyes.

Ixion

I feel like people who hate on X so much just can't remember what X was like to play when it came out on PS2.....or just started the "OMG ITS NOT FF6-9" trend early.

Game was straight mindblowing. It's rough around the edges, but in the same way as something like GTA3 in my eyes.

Yeah, FFX had a similar effect for the PS2 era that FFVII had for the PS1 era. Both games opened peoples eyes to what is possible in terms of providing a grand cinematic adventure with lots of depth, and FFX came out within the first year of the PS2 unlike FFVII. There simply weren't any games on the PS2 that provided that level of experience in terms of both presentation and depth, until eventually FFXII.

Last edited:
Top Bottom